collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Scary Netjeru  (Read 77229 times)

Scary Netjeru
« on: July 15, 2010, 03:44:13 pm »
Ok, inspired by another thread about my scary Mommy...

Which Netjer, if any, make you think twice, freak you out, scare you, give you chills, make you wanna cry or run away...etc...?

And why.  
: o
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Zef

• Shemsu
Re: Scary Netjeru
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »
Aset. I'm not exactly sure why, but it has to do with her ruthlessness, as I've said. If she'd had shown up in my RPD, I might have cried. She scares me -that- much. It's weird.
Yinepudjesef
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Set, Sokar, her Sobek.
Prefered pronouns are they/them/their.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:11:57 pm »
No clues at all as to why? Thoughts?
Timu

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:19:24 pm »
I get deities that I don't really want to work with, but none that make me scared. Does that count?

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 04:39:52 pm »
SURE. And why do you not...?
Timu

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:48:15 pm »
Scary for me is Sekhmet. I yet have to determine why. Menekh brought up an excellent point a few weeks ago about our fears of certain deities saying more about our relationship with ourselves than our relationship with the Divine. To me, Sekhmet is always Sekhmet the Destroyer. Sekhmet the Avenger of Ra. Sekhmet, to me, is utterly ruthless. Maybe She scares me because in some respects, I can be like Her in certain situations.

Hm. This warrants more thought.
Fate is the web we weave from the choices we make.

"'The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing.' That's us, dude!"  
              -Ted "Theodore" Logan, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:59:39 pm »
Ironically, the main deity that I don't want to work with is Heru. For some reason, he just annoys me... like he's all squeaky clean.. like a golden child or something. I can't really place my finger on it.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 05:04:31 pm »
Quote from: Bennu
Sekhmet is always Sekhmet the Destroyer. Sekhmet the Avenger of Ra. Sekhmet, to me, is utterly ruthless. Maybe She scares me because in some respects, I can be like Her in certain situations.  

Sekhmet is also a healer and a goddess of surgeons and physicians and appropriate action.  

Maybe that will help.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:04:56 pm by TahekerutAset »
senebty,

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

My Books: My Lulu Store

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »
All the gods can be scary though.  I don't have any that I'm particularly afraid of.  Years ago, I used to be afraid of Set and Sekhmet, but that was more because I listened to people who told me that they were dangerous to approach.  

I have gods that I don't click with or resonate with.  

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:09:07 pm by TahekerutAset »
senebty,

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

My Books: My Lulu Store

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »
Not anymore, really. I used to be scared of Aset, but now it's more like a cool discomfort I get around Her.

Edit: And I really don't know why. I honour Her on Aset Luminous and around the Wesir Mysteries, and I have nothing special against Her, but I always feel out-of-place and uncomfortable with Her.

Then again, as per my UPG, Mom wanted to dual Parent with Aset, and, since Aset Doesn't Share, got told pretty, ahem, firmly, to sod off. Mom's called Aset by some not-so-flattering Titles to me, and maybe I'm just absorbing that :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:16:09 pm by Akhytsenu »

Offline Zef

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 05:12:03 pm »
My issues with Aset probably stem from my inner issues with my femininity, or something. Maybe the thought of a ruthless, strong queenly woman freaks me out or something.

Or maybe the whole 'making her son king' thing just squicks me. xD
Yinepudjesef
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Set, Sokar, her Sobek.
Prefered pronouns are they/them/their.

Offline Menemaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 05:52:22 pm »
Em hotep, all!

I agree with Tahekerut about all of the Gods being scary. I think that each and every One of Them certainly has the potential to scare your britches off. ;)

When I specifically sit here and try to think of a Name that scares me, I'd say Sobek. I don't know Sobek that well, but I've always imagined that it'd be a nasty thing to get on His bad side. I certainly don't see Him as cuddly. :D More like. . .vast? He's vast? I don't know if that makes sense. Oh, and ancient! I definitely get a "beginning of time" type of feel, like the beautiful descriptive writing by C.S. Lewis when Aslan is singing Narnia into existence at the end of The Magician's Nephew. Maybe that part isn't scary, but it's somewhat intimidating.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Menemaset »
Menem
Son of Aset, beloved of Seshat and Mut

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 06:06:51 pm »
Menem, having two pre-creation Gods in my lineup, I know exactly what you mean by that last bit :D

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 06:15:47 pm »

Quote from: Bennu
Scary for me is Sekhmet. I yet have to determine why. Menekh brought up an excellent point a few weeks ago about our fears of certain deities saying more about our relationship with ourselves than our relationship with the Divine. To me, Sekhmet is always Sekhmet the Destroyer. Sekhmet the Avenger of Ra. Sekhmet, to me, is utterly ruthless. Maybe She scares me because in some respects, I can be like Her in certain situations.

Hm. This warrants more thought.

I used to think this way, until I started to get to know the other side of Sekhmet. I used the Hethert route to get to know the Lioness, and while it still isn't dealing with Sekhmet directly, it still gave me enough to work with. Now she's not nearly as scary as she was before.

Granted, she still commands my utmost attention, and I certianly wouldn't turn my back to her. I describe it more as a healthy respect now.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 07:46:26 pm »
Set scares me and I'm not too sure why. I was actually pretty ignorant of the whole concept of Set = Evil that some/many people have until a few years ago, so I know it's not outside influence. I've never really spoken or prayed to Him, but I've seen Him a few times and it's always been accompanied by a really unsettling feeling followed by fear and cold sweat.

The funny part is, is that after He's gone (and if He's around for a while, I've never seen Him dead on with my physical eyes for more than a minute), I want Him to come back, but when He's there, it's not that I want Him/the experience to go away exactly, but that's the only way I can describe it.

This happens rarely, it's not like He just hangs out or anything, but it seems very random to me, like there's no trigger for it. I even saw Him a few nights ago when I was trying to sleep. He thought/thinks it's hilarious that I'm scared. I get the feeling that He won't tell me why He keeps popping up unless I ask...which...I'm usually too scared to do. Figures!
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 265643
  • stats Total Topics: 17687
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98
  • stats Most Online: 182