Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 20
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Zahi Hawass  (Read 6911 times)

Re: Zahi Hawass
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 06:28:22 am »
I hope that this has not been discussed before in some other thread of which I am not aware.  I do not wish to duplicate.

I do wish that Mr. Hawass would not handle mummy parts in such a cavalier fashion. Those body parts once allowed people to live and move about

I think that it was on the show about confirming Hatshepsut's identity by matching up her tooth with her x-ray, that it was noticed that they misplaced the bones of Mutnojme, the sister of Nefertiti.  There were baskets full of skeletal remains stored in a warehouse.

What disturbs me is seeing someone pick up a skull like an apple in the super market with no reverence to the handling.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:40:31 am »
Sometimes Zahi really makes me mad. I mean, yelling at his students and all that. I know that their not perfect but give me a break. Anyway, love how he bullies countries into giving the stuff back. I was having a conversation about archeologists to a girl that lives in Greece and follows the Greek Gods. She said that archeologists claim that her and her people are going to damage things of value if their allowed at the temples.

Who died and made them Ra? I don't know, just something that gets under my skin. Love the show but really he needs to cool it.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid, Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »
Em Hotep

another article about   Hawass

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline HehiAset

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 01:13:41 pm »
I too Kai- Imakhu would love to meet and work,even briefly with Hawass.

I have the feeling that he has, as Hemet(AUS) has, indeed must have, the necessary steel to do his job properly. He needs to find all that can be found both actual and by way of information and to recover as much as possible from all the countries who (under a different ethical code admittedly) "stole" (his word!) Egyptian treasures which belong back in Egypt (and Greece in the case of the "Elgin" marbles from Athens.

I am already planning a trip, simply to Cairo (the new museum) and Luxor (for sites of religious interest, which are not usually visited by "tourists". We hope to spend about a week in each place, possibly self-catering in Luxor!

The only trouble is, WE REALLY NEED HEMET(AUS) THERE so we understand what we see.

Possibly this could become a future Pilgrimage with a difference???I suspect we are talking of 2013 0r 2014......

Senebty

Hehi
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:15:35 pm by HehiAset »
Hehi

Sa Aset-Serqet,her Hekatawy1(AUS!)
meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Aset makes you bright,and makes  fair ways of vindication against your foes,and those who would have judgment against you in the realm of the dead"

Coffin Texts

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2374
  • stats Total Posts: 256807
  • stats Total Topics: 17072
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 97
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything