collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Misc. Cool Egyptian Things  (Read 23746 times)

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Misc. Cool Egyptian Things
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2017, 10:51:29 pm »
Holy crap!  That's cool!
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Rayashi

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2017, 07:06:35 am »

Etsy

Offline Tjemsy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2017, 07:29:55 am »
Uncle Goose Egyptian Hieroglyphic Blocks:

https://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Goose-Egyptian-Hieroglyphics-Blocks/dp/B002MSDRVW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486473998&sr=8-2&keywords=egyptian+blocks

at bit on the pricy side, but I'd save just for a set of these. Uncle Goose is pretty good quality, too.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"
formerly rainbowrosepetals

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, & Nebthet

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2017, 07:20:31 pm »
I accidentally stumbled across this website looking at Naos shrines. This man creates custom made statues, ceremonial items, amulets, scribal pallettes, papyrus, stelea, shrines (that can be customized), and even rods with cubit measurements.

He does not use plastics or manufactured (manmade) materials. You can even send him the stone or wood you would like the statue to be made from if you wish. The copyright at the bottom is rather old. So I do not know if he even does things anymore.

I still wanted to share because this made me really excited.

http://www.chiapporiarts.com/Kemetic.html

Peter still does commissions that I am aware of (he and I do talk from time to time, though I haven't dropped him a line in many months. I should rectify this). However, his waiting list is EXTREMELY long and his work takes significant time to complete.

My Herishef bronze pectoral commission is now in its fifth year, and at this point, I don't know that it'll ever be finished. People who have commissioned different projects after me have had their work finished long before progress has been made on mine. If you do ever ask him to make something for you, be aware that your project may not be finished for years, particularly if it's anything involving lost wax casting or fine woodworking (as with the shrines and Wesir statuettes he advertises his services specifically for).

Pretty sure Bezenwepwy's project is on the waiting list, too. Her commission is at least as old as mine, if not older. :P

"Endowed by Two Fathers"
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Wesir-Herishef, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu
𓃫𓃞 𓀱𓁡 𓅄 𓃤

Offline Tjemsy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2017, 06:49:08 pm »
https://www.squishable.com/opensquishp/opensquish_horus_224246/

A potential Heru squishable. Needs at least a 4.15 to be made.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"
formerly rainbowrosepetals

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, & Nebthet

Offline Rayashi

« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »
https://www.squishable.com/opensquishp/opensquish_horus_224246/

A potential Heru squishable. Needs at least a 4.15 to be made.

I just signal boosted on Facebook.  Thanks.

Etsy

Offline Kaemwaset

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2017, 03:58:26 pm »
Dear Members~~

I'm new here & this is my first post. I was away in Egypt when my site access was approved. So "Greetings" to all!  :) Some of you know
me but many don't. This little note is not a plug & I hope the moderators see it as such.  As the SOLE proprietor of ChiapporiArts I, have had my hands full, tho many thanks to those whom have visited my website & made purchases. The neteru, it would appear, have tasked me with events beyond my control & that has taken a toll on producing the artifacts I so love. After reading Sedjfaiemitui's post (& she's a great gal!), it sounded as if she was a bit perturbed so I felt it necessary to provide an update & clarification of how things work/are working. Firstly, a shout-out to Bezenwepy whom has had her own issues & started me down this path initially, as a loose association that took a while to be "found" & folks could afford my items.
I accidentally stumbled across this website looking at Naos shrines. This man creates custom made statues, ceremonial items, amulets, scribal pallettes, papyrus, stelea, shrines (that can be customized), and even rods with cubit measurements.

He does not use plastics or manufactured (manmade) materials. You can even send him the stone or wood you would like the statue to be made from if you wish. The copyright at the bottom is rather old. So I do not know if he even does things anymore.

I still wanted to share because this made me really excited.

http://www.chiapporiarts.com/Kemetic.html

Peter still does commissions that I am aware of (he and I do talk from time to time, though I haven't dropped him a line in many months. I should rectify this). However, his waiting list is EXTREMELY long and his work takes significant time to complete.

My Herishef bronze pectoral commission is now in its fifth year, and at this point, I don't know that it'll ever be finished. People who have commissioned different projects after me have had their work finished long before progress has been made on mine. If you do ever ask him to make something for you, be aware that your project may not be finished for years, particularly if it's anything involving lost wax casting or fine woodworking (as with the shrines and Wesir statuettes he advertises his services specifically for).

Pretty sure Bezenwepwy's project is on the waiting list, too. Her commission is at least as old as mine, if not older. :P

The explanation:
A.) I'm an architect. It takes several hundreds of thousands of $$$ & 8-years (1 less than a doctor) to become licensed.
So one can imagine the projects I've undertook in my life to make a living.
B.) In 2009 the great recession hit &, like most in my field, was put out for sometime "allowing me" to pursue all the crafts I've been making piecemeal for years.
C.) A friend of mine lost his home, & everything he owned, in a fire a few years ago & that was the first bump in the road. It was a very large estate & took a good chunk of time from doing anything else. Can you imagine loosing everything you own in one night?!? It was a horrible affair & ate up almost 2-years time.
D.) After that, when I thought I could gear-up again, A good friend passed away, Dr, Otto Schaden. Arguably the greatest Egyptoligist to ever grace the Valley of the Kings & excavated there before any of us were born. As a
direct consequence, I am now tasked with the entire archiving of the two tombs he was working on. The last, KV-63, was the first tomb found since King Tut & a stone's throw away. This project has been taxing beyond belief as most of the documents are hand written & many photos were prior to the invention of the digital camera. I'm putting everything in digital format for the first time in history. Not even the Egyptian Ministries have done that nor care to, since they rely on foreign missions to do all the work. I'm also assisting with his estate & ensuring special & rare items find a good home. Hence my inability to take on COMPLEX projects.
The consequences:
A.) There has been an uptick in interests for custom shrines. These are the most complex items & require the greatest amount of time to produce, as I work with clients developing a suitable design using 3D software before starting. Prices for these generally start close to $1000. (the one on my site went for $800 some years ago & that was "stock"). I use many different wood species to create these & each one is unique. They are not museum copies. Because that's what all the best museum reproduction shops are cranking out...COPIES. All my shrines are the real deal, made with the same authentic attention to detail as any original artifact.
B.) Sedjfaiemitui has indeed waited several years for her amulet. HOWEVER, I told her up front that it may take some time &, to date, I have not taken A penny of her money. Bronze casting is very expensive but I have made her a pewter master that is cast like originals. Casting is different than PMC clay that is shaped & the clay burned away. Jen's kiln died some time ago as the small one she had was not meant for production work. But she made great stuff! If the demand was great enough, I would have purchased one myself. But the case is, demand seems low & folks don't generally have the $'s for a genuine cast amulet.
Conclusion:
I'm here & alive. It pains me deeply that any project must be put on hold. I hope all can appreciate the magnitude, scope & importance of the work I'm doing... including hieratic transliterations & joining the mission again in the Valley for the benefit of archaeology, Egyptology, mankind & the legacy of Prof. Schaden. It is my hope the kemetic community will grasp that research. Knowing, new finds are what drives our understanding of the ancients & the amazing religion they left us. Please bear with me in these times of necessary delays. I can, & have done, smaller less complex projects such as papyrus hymns & even cubit rods. A nice break amidst everything.
So feel free to contact me on the simple things but know, there is a back log for shrines & statues. I hope by July I can get things going full swing again (neteru permitting).
Thank you all for your patronage! I hope I can start production full-swing again to make items of every description for your special needs. OOXX's to Sedjfaiemitui & Bezenwepy. I hope to be a more involved part of the community once life returns to normal.
All my best,
Kaemwaset
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 06:59:51 pm by Kaemwaset »
Courtesy is contagious!

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2017, 12:21:52 am »
Hi everyone,

I really like all the links you've posted here.  I love the cool night lights of the falcon and the jackal.  I've got to see if they still have one of the Yinepu (Anubis) night lights left ...that is a must have item in my book :)

Kaemwaset,

Thank you for sharing ...that is quite the history.  I did have the pleasure of meeting Dr. Schaden in Orange County back in the early 2000's at an ARCE lecture.  I really enjoyed the lecture and meeting him.   I'd be interested in hearing more about the Valley of the Kings and the ongoing work on KV-63 :)

Have a great week everyone.  Thanks again for taking your time to add to this post.

Senebty!

Meres 
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu]
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Kaemwaset

« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2017, 04:59:43 pm »
Greetings Meresinepu~~

Since Dr. Schaden's passing & the "revolution" in Egypt, things have been stagnant until this year. We were only 5-persons this year; 3-full time at KV-10. The ARCE meeting is in Kansas City next week & Dr. Salima Ikram, our "Mudira," will be speaking about recent developments. She has taken over the mission &, with luck, the first publishing can begin in perhaps 2-3 years.

It takes time & dedication for these things to come to fruition. I will be starting a new website for both KV-10 & KV-63, the Amenmesse Project, soon. It will encompass both tombs under their proper designation that Dr. Schaden's concession was under.

With some luck I can also get back to making ritual items for members. Tho, currently, my prayers are with Bezenwepwy. She needs us all to pray for her. Pass it on.

Ma Salama
Courtesy is contagious!

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2017, 07:51:58 am »
Thank you for posting, Kaemwaset!  (Ramesses II's son is one of my favorites, after Seti I, :) )  May progress be smooth and steady with all of your projects.  Do keep us posted about the Amennesse project website.

Yes, many, many prayers for Bezenwepwy!

Neheh....
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Kaemwaset

« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2017, 12:46:20 pm »
Thank you Senuwierneheh~~

Ram II had dozens of sons (at least 6-principal sons in KV-5), so I'm uncertain to which one you are referring (Seti II?). However, thanks for the well wishes on the Amenmesse project (he was a minor Rameside era king). With some luck, excavations will be complete next season. Dr. Ikram has taken over the concession & is an amazing lady. I doubt anyone could do a better job of finishing the task. It's what Dr. Schaden wanted.

Keep the faith for Bezenwepwy!
Courtesy is contagious!

Offline jenniferi

• Remetj
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2017, 06:51:10 pm »
Em hotep!
I was going to put a picture of the necklace I made but I can't figure out how to upload one on here! Lol.

Here's the exact scarab pendant that I have on my necklace. I added a few beads to mine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/293645799/scarab-necklace-egyptian-jewelry-scarab?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=scarab%20necklace&ref=sr_gallery_32

Khepri is really speaking to me now in the beginner's class as it's kind of my own Zep Tepi so I HAD to get a scarab necklace.
:)
Self Care HetHert Supporter
Usui Reiki Master/Teacher

Offline Rayashi

« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2017, 07:53:57 pm »
I use DropBox for my photos here. I love that pendant. 🖤

Etsy

Offline Wepwyitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2017, 08:40:10 pm »
Idk, if American Gods print is ok here, but this watercolor of Bast is gorgeous: https://neverwear.net/collections/frontpage/products/david-mack-illustrates-american-gods
Child of Sokar-Wesir and Ra-Heruakhety
Beloved of Bast and Set.

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2017, 09:55:11 pm »
This is going to be a series of Egyptian deities on coins, the first one is Yinepu.  (Julia surprised me by sending for one, <3  :) )

https://www.providentmetals.com/anubis-2-oz-high-relief-silver-round.html

The artist is Heidi Wastweet, I've been having fun exploring her website:

http://www.wastweetstudio.com/#

Senebty!
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 266213