collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Little Known Deities...  (Read 8017 times)

Offline Salqu

• Beginner
Re: Little Known Deities...
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2017, 09:58:37 am »
I mainly tend to stick to Yinepu, Ra, Set and occasionally Sobek, however, the lesser known ones have a lot of respect from me, they do a lot for us despite not being commonly recognised for it.

Offline jenniferi

• Remetj
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 09:30:26 pm »
Em hotep!
Lesser known deities to me are so appealing and beautiful. They hold so much mystery and yet are right in front of us all the time, at least that's how I feel....
And ever since I dyed my hair green I've been getting some serious Wadjet vibes and I'm loving any interaction with Her.
Heqat and Sobek are also close to my heart.
:)

Senebty
Self Care HetHert Supporter
Usui Reiki Master/Teacher

Offline Salqu

• Beginner
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2017, 04:10:00 am »
Kebechet is pretty cool too

Offline Marodynamic

• Remetj
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 03:27:07 pm »
I recently found out about Shezemtet, who I'd never even heard of before! From what I was told, She's a form of Sekhmet, and sometimes Bast. Does anyone know anything about her? I'd like to start working with her.

Offline Tawa'ubastmut

• Shemsu
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 03:38:45 pm »
I'm already beloved of Mafdet, but I have a huge interest in Hatmehit after finding out about her recently!
Bast-Mut's Soldier
Sat Bast-Mut
Meryt Mafdet her Heru-sa-Aset
☥ Tarot Reader ║ Sau Apprentice ║ Artist ☥
www.ChildofBast.com

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy - Fundraising Bak
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 03:42:48 pm »
I recently found out about Shezemtet, who I'd never even heard of before! From what I was told, She's a form of Sekhmet, and sometimes Bast. Does anyone know anything about her? I'd like to start working with her.

She is a usually lioness headed goddess who is linked to the ritual girdle. I enjoyed learning about her and have a soft spot in my heart for her.

Henadology article on her

I recommend Henadology articles for finding out about the lesser known names.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:44:25 pm by A'Aqytsekhmet »
Sat Sekhmet her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, her Wenut
Fedw Diviner
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Blog - Patreon

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 05:23:54 pm »
For me as far as lesser known deities go, I've only communicated with a couple; Bes and Amunet.  But it also seems to be that my father Heru-sa-Aset, while He has a rather large part in Kemetic theology, He doesn't seem to appear as much in RPD's, even as a beloved.  At least that I've noticed lately anyway.  So far I only recall (please correct me if I'm wrong) one other person being claimed by Him since I had my RPD in 2016.  And I only know of one other who has Him as a parent.  Also my beloved Set while well known, isn't exactly the most popular god around because of the Contendings, and the general public of course views Him as the typical god of evil and such, but He's so much more than just the god of chaos.  Anyway, that's my two cents.
"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark." - Rabindranath Tagore

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Wenunisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 05:31:35 pm »
My Dad is pretty uncommon (I’m the only Geb kid so far, but He has popped up as a Beloved for some other people!)
I’m not surprised because He’s pretty vast. I’ve had experience with Shu and had a relationship with Tefunt for a while as well. Been judged towards Hapy too actually. There’s plenty of other Odd Gods I’ve tried to ‘hit up’ as it were, but I’m not usually successful lol
Child of Geb and Nut, Beloved of Sekhmet-Mut

Wenuni for short

Pronouns: They/them

Offline cosmia

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 04:08:57 am »
I'm not KO, but I'm a devotee of both Sobek and Heqet. Heqet especially has so few folk worshipping Her - She's such a wonderful, kind and loving goddess, I love Her so much <3

As for Sobek, words fail to describe His greatness. My heart overflows when I think of Him. Aaand I'm going to go work on some poetry for the Sobek devotional...

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2017, 10:07:25 am »
I'm not KO, but I'm a devotee of both Sobek and Heqet. Heqet especially has so few folk worshipping Her - She's such a wonderful, kind and loving goddess, I love Her so much <3

She very much is. ;)
But I admit to my bias.

Senebty,
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Inqisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2017, 11:33:59 am »
I also noticed that Heru-sa-Aset doesn't have many children or show up often as a beloved. It's always nice meeting others though~!

Though not "little" in any sense, I have a great fondness for Tem. He always seems so very close, yet so very far at the exact same time. I usually pray to Him (as Netjer) unless I'm focusing on a specific Name, but it did make me sad He never shows up in an RPD separately (but technically does in everyone's).

I only mention Him because He definitely has a certain "persona" to me (though still overwhelmingly abstract too). I usually relate Him to the Evening Sun, as a Creator, and usually in an anthropomorphic state (with His fancy beard) when He stand on His own. The awesome perk is that He always reminds me that everything is Him, and He is everything. So talking to any of the Names is talking to Him, and to treat all people & things (including yourself) with care because everything is part of His flesh. Sort of the idea to try not to hurt others, because you are also hurting Netjer or making Him/Them sad.

It just gives a really nice fuzzy feeling inside that He's all around us, and cares so deeply to be all the Names for us too~ I wasn't sure if anyone else had Him in a similar way? I guess He might be considered popular, but not talked about much on His own. :)
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Sat Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset, Meryt Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2017, 01:12:31 pm »
Though not "little" in any sense, I have a great fondness for Tem. He always seems so very close, yet so very far at the exact same time. I usually pray to Him (as Netjer) unless I'm focusing on a specific Name, but it did make me sad He never shows up in an RPD separately (but technically does in everyone's).

I only mention Him because He definitely has a certain "persona" to me (though still overwhelmingly abstract too). I usually relate Him to the Evening Sun, as a Creator, and usually in an anthropomorphic state (with His fancy beard) when He stand on His own. The awesome perk is that He always reminds me that everything is Him, and He is everything. So talking to any of the Names is talking to Him, and to treat all people & things (including yourself) with care because everything is part of His flesh. Sort of the idea to try not to hurt others, because you are also hurting Netjer or making Him/Them sad.

It just gives a really nice fuzzy feeling inside that He's all around us, and cares so deeply to be all the Names for us too~ I wasn't sure if anyone else had Him in a similar way? I guess He might be considered popular, but not talked about much on His own. :)

The Ra in my RPD lineup tends to express Himself to me most often in the form of Ra-Atum, so I interact with a syncretism of Atum often. Like you, I was a bit sad He could not be part of my RPD directly, but He is still very much present due to His connection to all the other Names! I get Him as a sunset god, but also as the sun in the Duat, or in the timeless space of the Nun. He is a creator god, and is the potential for everything that exists, or that might exist, being brought into reality through thought, word, and action. He is a transformative god, and very much about inert things becoming alive, active, or animated. (He also expresses Himself as Ra-Wesir.)

I'm always to pleased to hear that others interact with Him, too. :D
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline Vincent

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »

The Ra in my RPD lineup tends to express Himself to me most often in the form of Ra-Atum, so I interact with a syncretism of Atum often. Like you, I was a bit sad He could not be part of my RPD directly, but He is still very much present due to His connection to all the other Names! I get Him as a sunset god, but also as the sun in the Duat, or in the timeless space of the Nun. He is a creator god, and is the potential for everything that exists, or that might exist, being brought into reality through thought, word, and action. He is a transformative god, and very much about inert things becoming alive, active, or animated. (He also expresses Himself as Ra-Wesir.)

I am here to say I have very similar experiences with Atum!! They are probably the Name I am closest to next to my Father and I very much experience them as a Creator and Father of all if that makes sense? Like they feel very calming and vast to me and even thinking about them makes me feel happy and slightly more connected to everything as well as cared for. I REALLY relate to getting them in connection with the timeless space of the Nun, the first time I interacted with them I actually got a strong mental image of them sitting on a throne smiling amid a vast space, which I feel like was probably the Nun.

I can definitely relate to wishing they could've shown up in my RPD but even though I usually need like 30894021 confirmations anyone, even one of the Names, actually likes me (thx mental illness) Atum's love is just so Present every time I think of them that I dont mind not having a written sealed confirmation they care because the feelings are just so There. The only other name I feel that way about is my divined Father <3
Sa Wepwawet-Yinepu
mery Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

Self-Care Sekhmet-Mut Supporter/Advocate | Self-Care Wepwawet Keeper

Offline Akhyt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 03:12:38 am »

In the past year, my Father has most often appeared to me as Ra-Atum-Heruakhety or Atum-Ra-Heruakhety (there seems to be a subtle difference!) - which very much makes sense to me, since I also have Tefnut and Shu in my lineup.
Akhytsenu, "Two Are Flying"
Sat Tefnut, Ra-Heruakhety & Hekatawy I
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Shu

Pronoun: they/them/their/themself

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2550
  • stats Total Posts: 267052
  • stats Total Topics: 17805
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 100
  • stats Most Online: 182