collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 51
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Set and anger  (Read 1970 times)

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
Re: Set and anger
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 12:37:23 am »
Quote from: Padememheru link=topic=20782.msg293296#msg293296 date
Also, Set is very much a chaotic good type of god.  "He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not always agree with that of society."

I didn't always play D&D when I was younger, but when I did, my characters were chaotic good.  :)
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Online sunlight_dapple

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 09:44:37 am »
Well, I can agree with this:
He follows his own moral compass, which, ...., may not always agree with that of society.
and don't want do maunder, but there's my opinion that even a human is more complicated than any AD&D, MBTI or any other classification. So could we say for sure, God is such and such? Why don't you think He could be chaotic neutral or even chaotic evil? What's so wrong with anger? I don't believe He tame it, I think He knows how to deal with it.
Wepwyitui||"My fathers are the Two Who Open Secrets"

Child of Sokar-Wesir and Ra-Heruakhety
Beloved of Bast and Set.

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 12:16:58 am »
Why don't you think He could be chaotic neutral or even chaotic evil? What's so wrong with anger? I don't believe He tame it, I think He knows how to deal with it.

Actually, via KO theology, the Netjeru are never evil or even neutral. They are each the individual manifestations of the divine power, Netjer, in accordance with Ma'at. We may not always perceive the full scope of or reasons behind the things they do, but they act in accordance with Ma'at and are thusly never evil. Even Set, as misunderstood as he might be sometimes , is good.  He still rides at the prow of the barque of millions of years ready to fend off and destroy Ap-p.

Senebty,
Emsa

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Online sunlight_dapple

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 12:23:29 am »
Asetemsatweret, okay, I can agree with it, especially if we define Ma'at as "good".
The other thing, we can define it as "lawful"  :)

Beloved of Bast and Set.

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 12:35:56 am »
Asetemsatweret, okay, I can agree with it, especially if we define Ma'at as "good".
The other thing, we can define it as "lawful"  :)
I would agree with the definition of lawful so long as we recognize that the laws of Ma'at are not always the same as human laws or human social norms. In this way, I could perceive where someone might view Set, or any of the Netjeru for that matter, as chaotic. His/their actions will necessarily go beyond the scope of our understanding sometimes, even to the point of appearing chaotic. Now from my understanding, Set does have a particular knack for this, but I don't personally interact with Him enough to know first hand.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Online sunlight_dapple

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 01:03:56 am »
I like to think of it altogether as:
"Here are the rules. Then, there's Seth, as an exception. But alogether it's Ma'at and it works. Nice plan, right? Noone would say I haven't foreseen the exception"

Beloved of Bast and Set.

Offline Salqu

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 10:06:21 am »
It really depends a lot on the situation, I find he tends to get really angry when an injustice has been committed against those close to him, especially when it causes anger in those close to him, he tends to get angry a lot, however I have heard him called "he who controls his anger" I feel it could be positive for you to follow his example and channel it into something productive.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2452
  • stats Total Posts: 263921
  • stats Total Topics: 17561
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98
  • stats Most Online: 182