Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: HetHert as midwife  (Read 157 times)

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
HetHert as midwife
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:24:44 am »
Em hotep family,

I was recently contemplating an image of HetHert in an attempt to feel more connected to Her, and I realized that my conceptualization of Her is that of an older woman, and particularly as a midwife.

I did some Googling, and apparently the temple at Dendera was a center for midwifery, but I had trouble finding anymore information than that. I was curious if anyone has experience of Her in this aspect or any sources that relate to HetHert specifically as midwife?

It seems odd that this is the form She would take with me as I'm a cis man, but here I am.

Any responses are appreciated.

Senebty,
Emsa

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:30:01 am by Asetemsatweret »
-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
Re: HetHert as midwife
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 04:35:57 pm »
Hotep Emsa!

I don't know if Google led you to our own NeferuHethert's website about Hethert, so in case it didn't, here's a link to it:  http://www.hethert.org/TheNameofHet-Hert.html

Neferu, who is one of Hethert's priests here, also did some university work on Dendera, if I recall correctly, so she may be able to answer some questions, as well. :)

Can't really offer any more than that, though, as I don't have much experience with Her... sorry.
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2374
  • stats Total Posts: 256807
  • stats Total Topics: 17072
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 97
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything