Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: RPD and Akhu Divination  (Read 383 times)

Offline Cinder

• Beginner
RPD and Akhu Divination
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:15:38 pm »
Hello, everyone!

I have two main questions.

1: Is there at all a standard amount of waiting time once you've submitted your questionnaire answers and paid before you receive the divination? I know I have to finish the beginner's class first, but I'm just curious as to how long I might expect to wait once I have all my ducks in a row.

2: I know this is a personal experience, but I hope I'll have someone willing to share a bit of their experience, even in vague terms.

I don't often see people discussing the akhu divination portion of the RPD. How does it usually go? How did it make you feel? Was it relevant? Was it a good experience?

I guess my thoughts are especially curious about it because my father passed in the fall of 2016. I understand he may not show up, but this event has made me wonder exactly what will happen.

I want to say ahead of time that I appreciate any responses and hope to stick around and discuss more things with all of you :)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
Re: RPD and Akhu Divination
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:03:54 pm »
I think I waited a month after everything was set up before my actual divination.

Akhu divination is first.  Your ancestors speak through a reading pattern but also to Hemet (AUS) about what kind of person you are.  Mine was spot-on. 
formerly praisingnetjer - "led before Aset"

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast
>Divination + Magical Services Per Request [Open]

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:29:23 pm »
Em hotep Cinder,

As I recall there is a period of time between your becoming remetj and when you can request RPD. Then the actual set up of an appointment for the divination may take a little while depending on Hemet's schedule. She is good about letting people know if there will be a delay.

As to the akhu reading, it's a lot more personal than RPD results. I know for myself, discussing its particulars with most anyone would have been meaningless since they would have lacked the context of sharing the same akhu as me.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Online Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 05:39:03 pm »
Em hotep, Cinder!

After you've submitted your questionnaire (and it has to sit on your shrine for four days prior to that, after you've filled it out) . . . honestly, I think it mostly depends on how busy Rev. Tamara is. As I understand it, the ritual preparations for the RPD on her end are quite labor-intensive and require at least 24 hours. (So if you get an e-mail from her inquiring about dates/times, you couldn't have it done the same day.)

As for the Akhu divination, I didn't really know what it would be like, either. For me personally, my reading was incredibly specific. I've also had one other Akhu divination done by Rev. Tamara post-RPD for personal reasons, and it was the same way. I'm sure specific Akhu might make themselves known (i.e. your father), but in both cases for me, it was one solid group, without individualization. The details in each case were specific to situations I was going through, with one or two pieces of big-picture life-advice that I needed to remember. Each reading comes as a "form," and even the name of that form might or might not mean something; the details to follow are whatever your Akhu choose to tell you. :)

For example, during my RPD, most of what my Akhu said consisted of "Hold on, because the difficulties you're going through will end soon; also, you do your best work when you don't stand in your own way." However, in my second Akhu reading (when I just needed Help(!) from my Akhu due to life and things), I was told specifically to go and fine a rock, and put it on my shrine, to remind myself that I "will remain."

Anyway, I hope that helps! I'm excited for you, friend! I was in the Beginners' Class a year ago and it's really, really cool to see other people go through the same process.

Senebty!
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau for short; thank you!) <3
Meset Set her Sekhmet.
Meryt Ptah, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer.
"I’ll send a storm to capture your heart and bring you home." - Phildel, "Storm Song"
they / them / their / themself

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 12:01:02 am »
Em hotep nefer, Cinder! :D

As the others have said, wait-time varies, but in any case you won't have it done the same day you submit your questionnaire and pay for the ritual supply cost. It takes a few days to a few weeks to have your RPD appointment scheduled, and Hemet (AUS) will personally contact you via email to establish all that.

As for the Akhu reading, again as others have said, it is very personal and unique to the individual. What your Ancestors will say is entirely dependent upon your current situation in this life and where you are imminently headed in this life. Mine came to me in the sign of "xt," or "fire," which didn't mean They were angry with me. However, They did have a couple things to say about my "burning too hot." They meant that in an advisory and caring sense, not necessarily an admonishing one.

I personally don't have much of a "speaking relationship" with nearly all my known Ancestors for a number or reasons -- a lot are Jewish and Jewish dead just don't ever deal with the living. They're gone elsewhere and while They don't simply get "forgotten," They prefer to not be bothered. Many of the others are MANY, MAAAANY generations of Roman Catholic, primarily Sicilian-Italian on top of it, those who I knew when alive being only recently off-the-boat . . . anyway, ancestral relations there are a bit tricky in ways most who are wholly outside those religious and ethnic cultures don't expect. That being said, some Ancestors from some*when* and some*where* clearly stepped forward to say something about me and to me. I'm telling you all this to illustrate a particular point: Remember that, even if you aren't on the best terms with your more recent generations of Ancestor, even if you don't know Them by name and face, you have blood that flows a long way back. Somebody out there is looking out for you, and no, no matter what, They don't "hate" you. (That was a big fear of mine, and I know it's a fear some others had or have, even if they don't talk about it publicly. The Akhu divination really helped assuage that fear of mine, so if you do have fears concerning such things, try not to dread the Akhu divination, because it's going to work out just fine. Trust. :) )

I hope this helps! ;D

Senebty!
Sedjfai
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:02:45 am by Sedjfaiemitui »
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Wesir-Herishef her Heru-Wer

"Do not be weary of calling to [God]. He has His hour for listening to the scribe."
- Instructions of Ankhsheshonqy

Online Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 08:19:01 am »
I definitely concur with what Sedjfai said, especially the bold bits. I was also nervous because the Akhu whom I knew by name I'd either had no relationship or rough relationships with while they were alive; I couldn't possibly guess who in the world would stand up to speak to me. So if that's a concern of yours as well, rest assured. :)

As with Sedjfai, my RPD reading also came through as "fire," though for me it was called "khet", and similarly involved the idea that I was like a dry land, burning and burning, very hot and bright but ultimately I needed to take care that I didn't burn myself out--I needed to redirect that energy. My second reading came through as "jackal"--something Rev. Tamara had to look up, actually, since it doesn't come up too often--and involved my Akhu telling me that I was like a jackal digging way too fast: best case, the hole collapses and I climb out. Worst case--? "Don't hurt yourself / let yourself be hurt / let us help" was the strong message from my Akhu then.

So, again, apart from your father, if you're otherwise struggling to reconcile who your Akhu are, we're talking generations upon generations; I honestly wasn't sure many of mine cared, but at is turns out, you betcha they do. <3

Senebty!
Gezausenu
Meset Set her Sekhmet.
"I’ll send a storm to capture your heart and bring you home." - Phildel, "Storm Song"

Online Tjemsy

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 04:20:36 pm »
It can be months before you get a response back. It really depends on how busy Hemet is when you apply. When you send the e-mail, you'll get an automatic thing saying your message was received, then nothing until it's time to schedule. When it's time to schedule, you'll pretty much have your RPD done right away.

I waited 6 mos to a year, I have a poor concept of, time so I don't recall specifically. It was a while. There were a lot of RPDs happening in succession when I sent my questionnaire in, so I got lucky and jumped right on the train. I got a response in 2 weeks, I think?

My thing for my akhu reading was "sword," which is pretty solid on it's own for me. I had a whole buncha akhu present (I have a great number of dead grandparents, great-uncles, and great-aunts, so no surprise there), and was told they're very supportive and want to help. I wasn't told about anyone standing out in particular. I was told to keep on keepin' on, basically, and "everything will sort itself out In Time/At the Right Time and Place." Hemet also said that "Heru" has offered his assistance with this Time business. I asked which one, and she said "any." I have Heru-Wer as a Beloved, so I figured I'd go with him. Hehe. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"
formerly rainbowrosepetals

Sekhmet & Set Self-Care Keeper | Taweret & Wepwawet Self-Care Advocate

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, & Nebthet

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 12:24:47 pm »
As with Sedjfai, my RPD reading also came through as "fire," though for me it was called "khet"

"Xt" and "khet" are the same thing. :) "Khet" is the "transliterese," and "xt" is simply the characters transliterated from Egyptian characters to Latin ones with no "consonant conversions" and no vowels filled-in. Apologies for the confusion!

Senebty!
Sedjfai
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Wesir-Herishef her Heru-Wer

"Do not be weary of calling to [God]. He has His hour for listening to the scribe."
- Instructions of Ankhsheshonqy

Online Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 12:32:08 pm »
Whoop! No reason to apologize, Sedjfai; thank you for teaching me something! :)

Senebty!
Gezausenu
Meset Set her Sekhmet.

Offline jenniferi

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »
Em hotep!
*henu*
Here's another question about the RPD

Are there any Names that can NOT be someone's parent? Or certain Names that can be beloveds but not parents?

Which Names are rarely parents in the HON? Which Names are most popular?

Just thought I'd nudge this with a few new thoughts... :)

Senebty,

Jennifer
senebty

A mermaid living in the city.

Offline Awibemhethert

• New Members Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 06:40:37 pm »
Ma'at is no one's Parent... and in a way everyone's?

There are Names that haven't yet  show up as Parents, but I don't know that They can't or won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibi

Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Online A'Aqytsekhmet

• Fundraising Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 06:48:58 pm »
Let's see.
I am pretty sure most of the ogdoad don't come up so much. With Amun and amunet being exceptions.
I have never heard of Sepa or Ihy kids? But idk.

We do see trends tho.
Like....
Set and Nebthet never seem to be single parents.
Aset seems to always be single parented.
Set and Heru-wer tend to appear together in the same line-up.

But these seem to be trends and not rules. Gods do fun things.
Sat Sekhmet her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, her Wenut
Fedw Diviner
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Blog - Patreon

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 07:01:32 pm »
@Jenniferi

Atum is also no one's Parent because He is everyone's Parent.  From talking with another Geb lover, Geb also doesn't claim anyone (and won't from what I was told).  Seshat kids are rare.  Nefertem/Nefertem-Ra kids are also rare.  Heka and Sobek/Sobek-Ra kids are rare. 

I believe someone kept a tally.  As of now, Sekhmet and Yinepu are the most common Parents (from what I've read).  But that doesn't mean They're necessarily the most popular Parents of all...Just that they're kids are more commonly divined in the House
formerly praisingnetjer - "led before Aset"

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast
>Divination + Magical Services Per Request [Open]

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 08:42:10 am »
Em hotep!

It is true that both Ma'at and Tem/Atum will not apper in RPDs as They are both already Parents to us all. Aset is indeed always single-parented, for which I have heard a few theories but nothing has been confirmed yet. Set and Nebt-het are never solo Parents because the person needs a second otherwise the One will be overwhelming. (This happened with the first person divined as a Set kid in the House, so I have been told.) And yes, When one has Set or Heru-wer as a Parent the Other will always be there as a Beloved, though once or twice the Heru has manifested as (Ra-?)Heruakhty. Geb has shown up as a Beloved for a few people, and since we have some Nut kids there is no reason to think He can't be a parent.

The only official record of divination is kept by Hemet. The person doing the second one was asked to stop.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2374
  • stats Total Posts: 256807
  • stats Total Topics: 17072
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 97
  • stats Most Online: 182