Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 62
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Strangers Who Are Hurting  (Read 287 times)

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu
Strangers Who Are Hurting
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:09:03 pm »
Em hotep, everyone.

This afternoon, walking home from the bus from work, I came upon the aftermath of a physical altercation between a woman named Chris and a fellow who was an acquaintance of hers of some sort. Both Chris and this man were obviously inebriated, at the very least, though thankfully no one was hurt. An older gentleman with a walking-cane had come upon the fight itself and somehow stopped it, but everyone was still screaming and raving while they waited for the police to arrive. I wasn't about to leave that good man and Chris alone with this other guy, who'd already shown the tendency towards violence, so I waited with them, too.

Said police did come, though the man who'd attacked Chris tried to run before that happened. (They caught up to him, of course, no problem.) While they were talking with the man who'd attacked her and the gentleman who'd stopped the fight, I sat on the curb with Chris, who was understandably upset, and held her hand and let her cry on my shoulder and talk about what she needed to talk about.

From what I know, she didn't press charges, and the officer explained that he's dealt with the two of them many times before. (They live a few buildings from me, actually.) Anyway, the whole situation makes me so sad--drugs are awful things, and these were very obviously two hurting, hurting people who had troubles beyond whatever was running through their veins. Chris said the both of them need help, and I pray that somehow, someway they get it, however "naive" that may seem. I pray also, and ask prayers, for Chris' safety. She looked very ill, and I've seen my mom that way, and in some ways she could have been my mom, and it breaks my heart.

Thank you.
Senebty,
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau for short; thank you!) <3
Meset Set her Sekhmet.
Meryt Ptah, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer.
"I’ll send a storm to capture your heart and bring you home." - Phildel, "Storm Song"
they / them / their / themself

Offline Awibemhethert

• New Members Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Strangers Who Are Hurting
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:19:04 pm »
Prayers for them and for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibi

Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Online Cinder

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 09:49:05 pm »
As someone who's dealt with drug addicts in my family (and is, dare I admit, dealing with an addiction myself- dealing more with food and my disordered eating, though I digress), this breaks my heart. I feel for these people and I will try to remember to keep them in my prayers so that they might experience healing and guidance.

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:14:39 am »
Prayers for both you and for them.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Child of Serqet-Aset and King Hekatawy | (life prosperity health), Beloved of Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, and Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:24:58 am »
Thanks, everyone. Cinder, yes, it does hit close to home--both sides of my family have issues with drugs and alcohol and restrictive eating disorders (myself among the last), so . . . it's like, no single person in this world ever thinks, "I want to be an addict." None. And I know how difficult it can be, and impossible for some, to claw their way out of their addictions. Having seen my mom look like Chris does shortly before she died, I honestly don't know what help Chris could get--but I just pray that something good turns for her. No one's life should end like that--should ever be that to begin with.

That's part of why I stayed, I think.

Anyway, thank you all again. <3
Senebty,
Gezausenu.
Meset Set her Sekhmet.
"I’ll send a storm to capture your heart and bring you home." - Phildel, "Storm Song"

Offline Meresinepu

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:06:50 pm »
I will add all of you to my prayers.

That was really kind of you to stay there with Chris, she needed someone to just be there for her so she could let it out.  You were there at the perfect time to help her.  I hope she is able to break her cycle and get help.  Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. 

I come from a family of abusers and I've seen this behavior in my own relatives and it hurts to see folks you care about suffering and going down that road.  My husband, my aunt and little sister and my nephew all battled substance abuse.  My aunt is the only one still alive but she still has not hit rock bottom.  I don't know what else it will take for her to stop but she's running out of time. 

You take care of yourself.

Meres
Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu]
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert
Wab Yinepu-Wepwawet

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 05:46:32 am »
Thank you for your kindness, Meres. My prayers for your aunt as well.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
Meset Set her Sekhmet.

Offline Neshnytyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 07:27:15 am »
Praying for them, and for you too, Gezausenu. The situation also hits close to home for me and my own mother. I hope Chris is able to break the cycle and get help.
Neshnytyinepu (Neshnyt) "Yinepu's Storm"
Sa Yinepu-Wepwawet, mery Nut her Set
Self-Care Yinepu Advocate
I dare to dwell in beauty, balance, and delight. I dare to see with clear eyes and an open heart.

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 08:23:27 am »
I'm so sorry about this terrible situation Gezausenu and I've encountered such situations where the best I could do was pray and let my Gods know what's going on.  But at least you were able to provide the comfort your Netjer are known for.  Many prayers for them and you. 
formerly praisingnetjer - "led before Aset"

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast
>Divination + Magical Services Per Request [Open]

Offline Salqu

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 11:48:26 pm »
You caught me right before Senut, will pray.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2375
  • stats Total Posts: 257822
  • stats Total Topics: 17150
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 97
  • stats Most Online: 182