collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Is there any way I can see and/or hear the Gods?  (Read 987 times)

Offline Remenit

• Rev Emma, Ordained Clergy, Webmaster
  • Administrator
Re: Is there any way I can see and/or hear the Gods?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 03:26:17 pm »
Reminder: Please do not post links to books that are still within copyright. Libraries and inter-library loans are an excellent resource if money is an issue.
Remenit Nesyutenmutes
-
Child of Sekhmet and Nit
Beloved of Bast and Yinepu

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 01:04:27 pm »
Sometimes I find that when people say they cannot see or hear the gods it's because their expectations do not quite match the reality.

I don't see gods with my eyes, but with my mind. The details are often fuzzy, and yes it's not so different from using imagination. So, how do I know if I'm making it up or not? Experience and practice, mostly. I just have to get used to the way I perceive them and the way they like to show themselves.

My strongest sense is more empathic. I'm more likely to feel their energies nearby than to see or hear them. When we're having a conversation, again, it's all in my mind. They usually use concepts, ideas, metaphors and images. Rarely do they use actual English words. I end up having to translate at lot of it into something I can remember for later. I often use tarot cards as a backup if I'm not sure that I was getting it right.

Online Salqu

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 12:23:20 am »
How do I use Tarot cards to communicate?

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 11:40:10 am »
Here's my quick and easy way of doing it. I go to facade.com which is a free divination website. Then I tell it to choose the deck and the spread for me. Then I ask whichever Netjer whose opinion I'm seeking to run the cards for me. Then when it feels like they are ready, I click the button and get a reading. The site itself tells you what the cards mean, so if you're not an experienced tarot reader you can still figure out what it's saying. It would even be a good way to practice if you're new at it.

The funny thing I notice with this is that different netjer have different styles of answering. Heru-as-Aset looks at it like a game and often chooses strange looking or humorous decks. Heru-wer doesn't seem to be a fan of divination so he'll often return a single card or if it's more complex he'll go to a three card spread. Djehuty likes the bigger, more detailed spreads. That's what they do with me anyway, your experiences may differ.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2418
  • stats Total Posts: 260078
  • stats Total Topics: 17306
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 97
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything