collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Set and Bacon?  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Set and Bacon?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 01:43:10 pm »
Every year on Set's birthday, I offer and eat "His" sandwich: a BLT. :D

(Bacon, lettuce, and tomato, for those who might be unfamiliar with it.)
Shefytbast | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut and Amun-Ra
Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Salqu

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 07:38:10 pm »
Noted that it's ok to leave out the wine at times it is called for... Also I am going to hope, and take that as an "It's ok to pick the mushrooms out" because seriously I don't know why people even call mushrooms food...

Offline Typhonian

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 09:20:20 am »
To my knowledge, his cult preferred not to. I'm sure you could offer it to him but whenever I've done it, I've gotten "meh" vibes.
Now, I tend to create and grill my own sandwiches, and I assure you he is a bigger fan of those.

Awesome Devotional Sandwich
Chicken is preferred
Tiny bit of salami
Iceberg lettuce (any lettuce can be used, this is just the one I prefer)
pickles
banana peppers
peppers (optional)
ranch (optional, I don't put it on there for my foods)
mushrooms
Grill until the bread is firm, and enjoy.

Offline Tamiwi

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 12:40:30 pm »
Em Hotep everyone!!

What wonderful answers and what a nice discussion! The thread name drew me in because we have been a bacon free household for 3-7 years (me three, Kate 7) and the moment she started taking an interest in Set (offering him libations, setting up a shrine space and making him a very active part of our household, which he will stay irregardless of how her RPD reveals) we both took an interest in bacon again....a food that has been taboo until quiet recently. We made a point to say a prayer to the spirit of the animal and invite Netjer to partake in our meal, and reserve including pork in our meals only to once or twice a month from farm raised animals locally.

Coincidence? Maybe....or maybe not. ;p
W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner

Offline Sarytsenuwi

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 01:58:07 pm »
I'm largely repeating what has already been said, but for whatever it may be worth, I'm another case in the "I personally don't eat pork" camp, as Set requested it of me... goodness, maybe four or five years ago now. Granted it was in acknowledgement of boar/pig as an animal that is sacred to Him, but was not based on historical record or broad taboo so much as a "do this as a sign of your commitment to me, as it will effect our relationship down the road." So I did, and things continued over the years that followed with that particular element added to my individual worship through choices in daily living. This would not necessarily apply to anyone else, nor would I ever want to suggest such, as again -- no broad taboo, just personal choices based on individual relationships to Set (or other gods, as has been noted elsewhere!)

TLDR: Your mileage may vary, and that's completely okay. No hard and fast rules on this one, to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:05:28 pm by Sarytsenuwi »
Sarytsenuwi (Standardbearer of my Two)
Sat Set her Bast | Meryt Heru-wer, Hethert-Nut, her Heqat
𓋁𓃩𓃠𓋁|𓅃𓃕𓆏
Music | Fedw diviner | Blog

Offline Iseqi-itw

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 06:57:36 pm »
I did used joke about how I missed pork.  Like Dani said, I've been vegetarian for 7-8ish years now and while it's the only meat I ever looked back on with some fondness I never had a desire to eat it again.  But I didn't really involve myself in much spiritual either besides what I would consider a spiritual connection with nature.  Set definitely gave me clue ins though to take the beginner's course this year, even though I've known about Dani being involved since before I met her, he let me know it was time.  And like she said, oddly enough over a conversation as I was reading about him (since I've been deeply interested in understanding him better) Dani and I both felt a draw, and agreed that it was the right time and right thing to do.  We've only done it twice but considering I managed to cook it properly after not preparing anything of the such in almost a decade, still feels like someone wanted it to happen.  ::)

But who knows right!?
Iseqi-itw (Iseqi) - “I wait for Two Fathers.”
Formerly: Lelena
------
Sat Amun-ra her Set
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Wer

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 266213
  • stats Total Topics: 17725
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98