Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Energy Healing - Sekhem (Seichim/Reiki)  (Read 541 times)

Offline Saheru

Energy Healing - Sekhem (Seichim/Reiki)
« on: July 12, 2017, 08:53:03 am »
For those of you who have actually done the leg work, or at least the research into Ancient Egyptian healing and ritual... I am intrigued as to whether such an energy healing modality such as Sekhem, actually existed?

I am a Usui Reiki practitioner myself, and one of the symbols I use is said to be derived from the Seichim system, which is then said to have Egyptian connections (Sekhem). However I am a little... curious as to its authenticity in that respect.

Obviously symbols are as effective as the intention and meaning you give them, so I will use the symbol anyway. But I was just curious as to whether an energy healing system - similar to Reiki, was used by the Ancient Egyptians.
"You and I together are a single creation. Neither death nor spite nor fear nor ignorance stops my love for you..." - Hymn to Wesir from Awakening Osiris: The Egyptian Book of the Dead by Normandi Ellis.

Offline Kylara

Re: Energy Healing - Sekhem (Seichim/Reiki)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:04:59 am »
I'm very new here (as in a beginner) but I am a Usui Reiki Master and a Seichim practitioner.

What research I was given when I started was quite vague and as I'm a person who loves hard documentation I found it interesting. However, I was told it was the path for me and as I deal with the two energies I can feel a difference between the two.

I'd love to hear more about this topic and from the followers of this faith (as in people who revere the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses - I hope I've said this ok?).

Offline Saheru

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 04:21:58 am »
Hey Kylara, thanks for adding your own thoughts here. I just realised we're both from Australia :D

Hope you're surviving the winter well enough? :)
"You and I together are a single creation. Neither death nor spite nor fear nor ignorance stops my love for you..." - Hymn to Wesir from Awakening Osiris: The Egyptian Book of the Dead by Normandi Ellis.

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:26:47 am »
Em hotep. From what academic research I did myself after finding Seichim, it has little to no true foundation in antiquity. Ancient Egyptians never really had the concept of energy work in the vein of Usui Reiki. Seichim is very much a modern invention - not to say it doesn't work, however. :)
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ Temple Fundraiser ; tumblr }

Offline Saheru

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 07:44:57 am »
Em hotep. From what academic research I did myself after finding Seichim, it has little to no true foundation in antiquity. Ancient Egyptians never really had the concept of energy work in the vein of Usui Reiki. Seichim is very much a modern invention - not to say it doesn't work, however. :)

Thank you Tatja, appreciate the response.

Certainly the systems work, but yes I did consider that they were likely a later formulation of working with meditation, crystals and energy work, inspired by a mix of Eastern Philosophy and Kemetic symbolism. Just thought I'd ask to make sure.

But then the way I see it... all systems of magic, sorcery, prayer, ritual etc etc etc, is a means of connecting with, and working with our own energy - and the energies of the environment around us. Just a multitude of different names and techniques for things that are, at the deepest level, all connected anyway.

:)

Offline Kylara

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 05:45:54 am »
Love this winter sunshine Saheru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Saheru

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 10:15:46 am »
Love this winter sunshine Saheru.

Absolutely, the sunshine today was rather lovely. :)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 265567
  • stats Total Topics: 17682
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything