collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 758 times)

Offline Slhgran7

• Beginner
Introduction
« on: July 15, 2017, 04:55:52 pm »
Hello my birth name is Sileah (SI-Lah) I think I posted my introduction in the wrong forum. Although, here I am and happy to be part of House of Netjer in hopes of learning much about my African Spirituality. I don't quiet know how to use the discussion boards and guess I will learn the more I login. I live in New York City am 58 years, I work in Substance Abuse/Mental Health after receiving many credits in Psychology with the hopes of returning for completion. I have been searching for answers concerning dreams and visions I gotten since I was a little girl. Finally, by becoming part of the House of Netjer I will get answers, I was brought up as a spiritual person and looking to increase my spirituality. 

Offline Tjemsy

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 05:05:18 pm »
Em hotep and welcome. I'm happy you're here. <3

We have a couple people in substance abuse/psych-related fields, and many in generally psych-related fields. I'm in Early Childhood Education, myself, but I have a particular interest in fostering social-emotional development, especially in children who have been traumatized/abused, or who have childhood mental illness. I'd love to grab a specialization in Trauma Studies someday, and I wouldn't hate a degree in Gen. Psych, either. The latter would be just for fun. I like psychology. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"
formerly rainbowrosepetals

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, & Nebthet

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 08:16:59 am »
Em hotep and welcome! We do have a definite population of members here in the northeast and I am working on making events happen a little more often.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Online Inqisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 09:16:48 am »
Em hotep, Sileah! *henu*

Welcome, it's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you find the answers you seek, we're happy to have you here. :)

I also love all things spiritual, and psychology based~ I'm retaking the Beginner's Class for a refresher, if you need any help navigating the site or just want to chat, I'm always happy to help!

Senebty!
-Inqisenu
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Sat Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset, Meryt Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

Offline Slhgran7

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 12:53:29 pm »
Much appreciated will keep you on top of my list

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:22 pm »
em hotep and welcome!

Enviado de meu SM-G530BT usando Tapatalk

Khamheru
Bow down to Heru
sat Heru-wer
meryt Aset-Serqet, Wesir her Set

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 04:47:05 pm »
Em hotep nefer and welcome to the House boards, Sileah! :D
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Wesir-Herishef, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu
𓃫𓃞 𓀱𓁡 𓅄 𓃤

Offline Tephiliosa

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:08 am »
Em hotep and welcome, Sileah! :)
It is a pleasure to meet you! May you find the answers you seek.
Preferred pronouns: They, Them

Offline Slhgran7

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 04:59:55 am »
I appreciate all welcoming responses, I'm here this morning navigating the board to learn how to use it, it's all new to me as is others. So please be patient with me, I feel the more I enter and explore I will eventually become efficient without problem. I kind of suspect using this board and others is somewhat like when I took my online college courses (had to learn how to too) so I will be on the boards maybe without comment learning how to. In fact I have to get to know as much as I can about Kamet Orthodoxy, such as who and how to choose my Parents/gods and others. I say others because it takes a village to raise a child, coming out of my old ways (worldly) into disciplined spirituality will not be easy due to conditioning.

My Mother and "Father" who passed away when I was 3 were part of a Hebrew temple, after my fathers death my mother overtime stopped attending and several years later the Temple just began to dissipate people stopped going. I mentioned tis is because during my spiritual journey I realized the Jehovah Witness came the closest to what I was taught as a child and held onto as I grew. My mother continued to read and raise us through the scriptures so I'm spiritually based throughout my life. During my interactions with the Jehovah witnesses I began to question many of the bible readings and wondered why this religion was not penetrating or raising my spirituality. As I read the bible I realized that the people and tribes spoke about were Black and thought "If my fore parents were not enslaved what would my spiritual practices be like. Overtime things just began to reveal themselves to me and now I find myself here, I'm really hoping to grow in prayer, and other practices. I have a shrine but really don't know how to or pray to the gods which I'm familiar with some such as Auset, Heru, Ra and others. I believe Auset and Heru are my parents through meditation I have seen/see many things but but don't understand the message therefore I'm hoping much will be revealed through spiritual practices with Kamet Orthodoxy practices and spirituality, I hope all this make sense.       

Online Inqisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 12:53:13 pm »
It's a lovely story, thank you for sharing it. :)

We do not personally choose, per se, our Parent(s) or Beloved(s) in this faith. There is a divination called the RPD that our Nisut (AUS) performs on our behalf. The Names of Netjer that show up in this RPD are expected to be honoured first and foremost, but this does not mean that you can not worship any other Name of Netjer that you like (or even gods from different pantheons), or Who may step forward at different times in our lives.

As a Beginner, it is good to not focus on any Name in particular, to avoid confusion or being upset by results that weren't what we initially expected. An open mind and open heart, to let Them guide us, rather than us trying to choose Them. There is no real wrong way to pray to Netjer, as long as we're sincere. Though we do have a formal practice that's called the Senut that will be address in our Beginner's course soon. :)

Take your time with the process since there is no rush. If you have any issues or problems navigating the forums or chats, please let us know! Someone will certainly help guide you in the right direction. :)

Senebty,
-Inqi
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:58:53 pm by Inqisenu »
ᐃᘛ Inqisenu ᘚᐃ
Sat Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset, Meryt Set

◈ Sau Apprentice ◈

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »
Welcome.

Thank you for sharing your story.  The story is a similar one to many that come here.  :)   If you are interested in knowing more about Kemetic Orthodoxy, you can sign up for the next beginner class.  The class is free and only requires an open mind and internet access.

This site is a good place to ask questions and meet others of like or similar mind.   See you around.

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu]
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline NeferuHethert

• Rev. Barbara, Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 12:18:09 am »
Em hotep, Sileah, and a very warm welcome to the Boards!
Rev. NeferuHethert
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet, meryt Ra her Djehuty her Yinepu/Wepwawet
Heryt seshta Hethert 
𓉡

Offline Imyutimuti

• Rev. Imti - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 08:11:40 pm »
Em hotep Sileah!  *henu*

Welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy your time here!  ^_^
If we can do anything to assist you with forum questions, please let us know.

Senebty,
Imti
Imyutimuti
Sa Nebthet, Serqet her Nisut(AUS)
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:05:55 am »
Em hotep and welcome, it's nice to meet you. :-)
Sat Bast her Djehuty meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Beginners' Class Instructor - http://www.kemet.org/join
senushemi@gmail.com

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 265643
  • stats Total Topics: 17687
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98
  • stats Most Online: 182