Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: "Lord of the Horizon"--Upcoming Heru Devotional!  (Read 278 times)

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
"Lord of the Horizon"--Upcoming Heru Devotional!
« on: August 17, 2017, 11:15:30 pm »
Hello, everyone!

I wanted to make sure that I posted this to the Public sections of the forums, as well, so that Beginners and Guests have a chance to participate, as well, if they are interested.

--

I wanted to make a formal announcement here about a project that I am taking on this year.

I've been a contributor to devotional anthologies published by Bibliotheca Alexandrina, the publishing arm of Neos Alexandria (a group focusing on syncretic religious practices in the locality of ancient Alexandria--https://neosalexandria.org), before.

Now, I'll be editing on of their anthologies! I'd love it if you'd consider contributing to it! I'm accepting art, hymns, fiction, essays, poetry, recipes--pretty much everything. :)

NA is a non-profit, and all of the proceeds from their book sales get donated to different charities each quarter. Some organizations they have given proceeds to in the past include the Nature Conservancy, the Barn Owl Trust, the Lost and Endangered Religions Project, Doctors Without Borders, and the Pollinator Partnership (you can see the full list at https://neosalexandria.org/about/charitable-organizations/). I can't offer compensation to contributors beyond publication of their work, and at-cost contributor copies, unfortunately.

The anthology will be focused on Heru, in all forms, and will also include work related to syncretic forms and aspects of Heru, as well as other Netjeru and deities connected to Heru!

Submissions will open on September 1st, and remain open through February 1st. I hope you'll consider participating in this project!

You can read the Call for Submissions here: https://neosalexandria.org/bibliotheca-alexandrina/future-projects/lord-of-the-horizon-a-devotional-anthology-in-honor-of-horus/

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me!
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: "Lord of the Horizon"--Upcoming Heru Devotional!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 03:45:59 pm »
Wanted to give everyone a reminder that I am currently accepting submissions for the Heru devotional. Art, poetry, fiction, essays, photos of sculpture or needlework, everything is welcome!
Taqerisenu

Offline Tawa'ubastmut

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:29:35 pm »
The site didn't specifically mention that I saw, but does artwork need to be in grayscale or can it be color?
Bast-Mut's Soldier
Sat Bast-Mut
Meryt Mafdet her Heru-sa-Aset
☥ Tarot Reader ║ Sau Apprentice ║ Artist ☥
www.ChildofBast.com

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:49:02 pm »
I checked with BA's head editor! Either color or grayscale will work, but grayscale is preferred, since the hard copies of the anthologies are printed in grayscale (sometimes color will go slightly wonky upon printing, it seems).
Taqerisenu

Offline Tawa'ubastmut

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 09:54:37 pm »
Thank you very much!!
Bast-Mut's Soldier
Sat Bast-Mut
Meryt Mafdet her Heru-sa-Aset
☥ Tarot Reader ║ Sau Apprentice ║ Artist ☥
www.ChildofBast.com

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 06:45:03 pm »
I wish I were talented enough to contribute.   I'll be looking forward to it's release.  :)
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 265643
  • stats Total Topics: 17687
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98
  • stats Most Online: 182