Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Nit-Nebhtet-Seshat  (Read 944 times)

Offline ThothIsWise

Re: Nit-Nebhtet-Seshat
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 11:11:45 pm »
I can only speak of my experience with Nit, as I haven't "felt" anything from Her other aspects when Nit is at the forefront.

I get a sense of Nit staring at me, watching, and pointedly NOT speaking. A sense of tremendous power barely kept in check -- not exactly angry, but could become in half a moment -- and that Her fury unleashed would be unmatched by any Others. Protective of that which is righteous in the way that only a mother could be, but in a harsh, strong way -- not a gentle or comforting presence (as though She would come as Nebthet for that). Unimaginably wise, but not imparting that wisdom as a teacher does (as though she would come as Seshat for that). 

I find her facinating and simultaneously terrifying.
~Djehuty Is Wise~

Also intrigued by Set, Wepwawet, Nit, Nekhbet, Nekhbet, Wadjet, and Amunet.

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 12:59:11 am »
Aset-Serqet kid here!  Mother comes to me very motherly.   Serqet is VERY quiet for me.

I sometimes get Aset-Serqet as Aset as a scorpion in dreams.  Aset Amenti is the closest aspect of Aset I personally get.  I also get Aset-Nut, Aset-Nebet Het and Aset-Sopdet (Star Sirius).
senebty,

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

My Books: My Lulu Store

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 01:06:11 am »
My beloved is Nebet Het-Nit-Seshat. I normally  only get Nebet Het. 

I have experienced Aset-Nebet Het a few times, but my Aset is more Aset Amenti (Lady of the West and Nebet Het shares this title as well; so does Nut and Hethert). 

I have also gotten Nebet Het-Seshat and Nebet Het-Nit, a few times. 
senebty,

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

My Books: My Lulu Store

Offline Djedetmiwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 10:26:35 am »
Em hotep!

I saw this conversation about Nit, and as a beloved of Nit-Nebthet (that's how my divination came out, those two names) I had to jump in.  I am trying to understand her a bit more myself.

First, forgive me for replying to multiple people at once. I'll try to be clear what I am replying to, and who.

Second, I can't remember how to make quoted text work...  :P so bear with me.

First, My connection with Nit has been pretty much pure Nit, however I feel a little Nebthet creeping in, and want to understand her more. I want to understand Nit a lot more too. Even after 17-ish years, I have so much to learn. I admit, I'm pretty Wesir obsessed, so I think my connecting with Nit has fallen by the wayside.  I used to "see" her as feminine very in touch with a masculine side, now I see her as a bit androgynous.  when I have painted her in the past, I have done it all with her long hair. These days I feel a strong pull to paint her without her hair, just wearing the red crown.  I think this might be an evolution of our relationship.

When I do get her, I get her as the creatrix.  And when I am creating something, I am always mindful and medative (sp?) on her.  As a younger mother, when I had a lot of battles to fight to advocate for my children in getting them services they needed, I always felt she "had my back" and was an influence in what battles I should chose, and which I should fight.  I always felt she had a lot of faith in me to do these tasks.  I attribute these to her war qualities.  My strongest feeling about her in that context is that she seems to me to be more of a War Goddess in the sense of defense and protection, rather than war seeking. Very thoughtful before choosing battles. Relying on wisdom rather than emotion to make those decisions. I find her wisdom most calming. As if her confidence in herself and others inspires a certain tranquility.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Nebthet part of my divination. As a daughter of Wesir, you would think I would be better acquainted here, but I am just getting started. It is one of my goals in the immediate future to try and learn more about this Goddess and how the aspect relates to Nit, and my relationship with her and my Father.

I really need to do some reading and meditating to figure it all out.

To Alae93
"Athena strikes me as very "cool" and calm thanks to Her wisdom (much like Seshat), but with a white-hot fire under the surface."

I love this, and relate to it.  I spent some time with Athena when I was wandering a while ago.  I think I went to her as a bit of familiarity because of her familiarity with Nit. I think she was a good Goddess to watch out for me as I wandered away from home a little bit. and I found the way she looked after foreigners in her domain very comforting. 

And for Teritui
"My Wesir seems to be a bit more "loud" than how other people experience Him, though He does love metaphors and making you work to understand what He's trying to say, lol. "

Oh good! Someone else that gets him a little louder than most. I find the same thing with metaphors with him.  For me he is a very nurturing Father, complete with the puns and dry humor. <3

Thanks for listening to my rambling, and to you all for sharing what you have on the topic.

Senebty!
Djedet
Djedetmiwesir (Djedet) "Enduring/Stable Like Wesir"
Sat Wesir, Meryt Nit, Meryt Nut
Wennefer, justified, come to Djedet, [...]
Come to Djedet, the place your ba loves!
-Lamentations of Aset and Nebt-het

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 266213
  • stats Total Topics: 17725
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98
  • stats Most Online: 182
anything