Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: How did the Names create our Ba?  (Read 248 times)

Offline Aileen

• Divined Remetj
How did the Names create our Ba?
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:54:40 am »
Hotep, Everyone!

I tried to search for something about this topic, but I don't know the best words for the search. So I decided to create a new topic, maybe you can help me indicating some links if it was already discussed.

Well, we have Parents and Beloveds, and we know that our Parents created our Ba. But how was this process? Is there anything specific about it?

And more about this, the Beloved Ones are the Names who help us in this life. But how is it "chosen", "decided", or defined?

I don't know if I could express myself, but let's start from there :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:15:23 am by Aileen »

Offline Panakhtaset

• Shemsu
Re: How did the Names create our Ba?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:35:48 am »
I'll be following this. Didn't find anything either. :'(
Panakhtaset
(The Strength of Aset)
Sa Aset-Serqet, Mery Sekhmet-Hethert

Online Ra'awyserqet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:09:16 pm »
Em hotep Aileen!

I'm going to break this down piece by piece just for ease of response.

Well, we have Parents and Beloveds, and we know that our Parents created our Ba.
We actually don't have this as canon; whether an individual feels this is true or not is entirely dependent on them and their relationship with their Parents. There have been rare cases where there were no original Beloveds and an additional one came along later.

A Parent or Parents as a creator of the ba of a person is something that was said to a specific person in reference to a specific question. The scenario was essentially this: during a saq (possession of a priest by a Name) a person asked why a particular Name was a Beloved, not a Parent. The Name responded with the Parent being the creator of their ba and the Beloved being the creator of their ka. It was not intended to be taken as canon. It was not intended to be applied to anyone else.

For instance Serqet has never directly or indirectly said She created my ba/ka. My personal stance is They all deal with the ka on some level, because our ka is interacting in life. And we interact with our Parent/s in this life.

But how was this process? Is there anything specific about it?
So far as I know, the actual process was not directly discussed. For the people who feel this applies to their relationship, they might be able to share what they've been told, learned, or believe.

And more about this, the Beloved Ones are the Names who help us in this life.
Any Name can help us in life; They don't have to be in our RPD interact with us.

But how is it "chosen", "decided", or defined?
What do you mean how is it chosen, decided, or defined? Do you mean how our RPD Names step forward for us?

So far as I know in the case of the RPD, They step forward and claim us. I know my Mom claimed me, and that Sekhmet-Mut claimed me too. Yinepu is still a mystery for me, but I assume He claimed me too. In the case of additional Beloveds, we claim Them and They claim us; much like we claim Them when we accept our RPD and become Shemsu. (You can accept an RPD, but not be ready to accept the Shemsu vow, of course.) So in my case, Heru-wer was always there, but I asked to know if He was and it was my choice to accept Him as my Beloved. Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai wasn't always there and I asked if She was. It was again my choice to accept Her.

So I'd say it's an act of claiming on Their part and ours.

Senebty
Ra'awy

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Djehutyendy

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:59:45 pm »
Em hotep!

Well, we have Parents and Beloveds, and we know that our Parents created our Ba.
We actually don't have this as canon; whether an individual feels this is true or not is entirely dependent on them and their relationship with their Parents. There have been rare cases where there were no original Beloveds and an additional one came along later.

A Parent or Parents as a creator of the ba of a person is something that was said to a specific person in reference to a specific question. The scenario was essentially this: during a saq (possession of a priest by a Name) a person asked why a particular Name was a Beloved, not a Parent. The Name responded with the Parent being the creator of their ba and the Beloved being the creator of their ka. It was not intended to be taken as canon. It was not intended to be applied to anyone else.

For instance Serqet has never directly or indirectly said She created my ba/ka. My personal stance is They all deal with the ka on some level, because our ka is interacting in life. And we interact with our Parent/s in this life.

Hemet(AUS) states in the beginner's course that our Parent(s) do indeed create us, however she doesn't specifically say They create our ba. The Wepwawet Wiki page on RPD does say this, though. The part about Beloveds is confusing because it states that Beloveds create our ka, then goes on to mention this situation in Saq you are referring to and states that the Beloveds do not create the ka. There is no mention that the Parent(s) do not create the ba.

If this is incorrect, should the Wepwawet wiki be updated? (Who updates it?)

Senebty,
Endy
Djehutyendy -- Djehuty is here

Daughter of Djehuty and Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb

Online Ra'awyserqet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:07:23 pm »
Em hotep Endy

The Wiki was written by one of the Shemsu (I forget who right now), they are the one that updates it. It's not actually run officially by the House.

Creation is something that's not static; so They created us and continue to create us each and every day.

Senebty
Ra'awy

(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 08:27:21 pm »
Em hotep Aileen!

I'm going to break this down piece by piece just for ease of response.

But how was this process? Is there anything specific about it?
So far as I know, the actual process was not directly discussed. For the people who feel this applies to their relationship, they might be able to share what they've been told, learned, or believe.

And more about this, the Beloved Ones are the Names who help us in this life.
Any Name can help us in life; They don't have to be in our RPD interact with us.

But how is it "chosen", "decided", or defined?
What do you mean how is it chosen, decided, or defined? Do you mean how our RPD Names step forward for us?

So far as I know in the case of the RPD, They step forward and claim us. I know my Mom claimed me, and that Sekhmet-Mut claimed me too. Yinepu is still a mystery for me, but I assume He claimed me too. In the case of additional Beloveds, we claim Them and They claim us; much like we claim Them when we accept our RPD and become Shemsu. (You can accept an RPD, but not be ready to accept the Shemsu vow, of course.) So in my case, Heru-wer was always there, but I asked to know if He was and it was my choice to accept Him as my Beloved. Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai wasn't always there and I asked if She was. It was again my choice to accept Her.

So I'd say it's an act of claiming on Their part and ours.

Senebty
Ra'awy

OP has interesting questions, but I love this way of describing the RPD. Mutual claiming. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy :).

I'd be interested in any input in how the ba and ka may be created. It may be a Mystery, but it's fun to contemplate.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert and Set

Offline Tamiwi

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 10:20:18 am »
Em Hotep,

Ra'awy had a beautiful post that I echo 200%. I personally believe that my Parents either formed my Ba or helped form my Ba, as I imagine even We need guidance on the 'other side' as fledgling souls in these worlds. I also personally believe that our Beloveds change during the course of our lifetime and through the courses of our lifetimes, and that my Ka will join my Ba before a new Ka is shaped from my Ba to live on in another life; while my current Ka will join my ancestors to shape an infinite existence of countless lifetimes in time. Part of that saddens me, part of it doesn't. Its strange to think that in one way we remain an Akhu and in another we go on to live again; therefore we are perpetually connected to both worlds.

How they are formed are a mystery to me, and one I do not often contemplate. It's almost the same way I do not often contemplate the far reaches of the Universe or what lies beyond a black hole--it's just too 'big' for me. I'm worked on trying to push the limits of my mortal mind to comprehend the sheer vastness of me; but I find myself feeling the same sensation I do when I stand on a ledge over heights I am afraid of.

Either way, the above is not canon; just as what Ra'awy said about the sentiment of the words said in Saq. I think this is a conversation for you and your Parents & Beloveds. I believe they had a hand in our creation, but Netjer is the One in the Many. Perhaps all of Netjer had a hand in our becoming and, like Bagheera to Mowgli, some simply adopt us for a time to see us through the course of our hardships as we work out our place in this world in the forms of certain names that we need. It just may be that I got the impression that my Parents--specifically more Ra than Bast, even though She came first in the lineup--have been there since the beginning, others may not feel the same--and that's okay. All of our spiritual lifetimes are as unique as our 'mundane' ones.
W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 05:10:17 am »
Em Hotep,

Ra'awy had a beautiful post that I echo 200%. I personally believe that my Parents either formed my Ba or helped form my Ba, as I imagine even We need guidance on the 'other side' as fledgling souls in these worlds.

This is my feeling, too. 

I received a religious card from a cousin of mine for my birthday.  I opened it up yesterday. It said:

"From the moment your life began,
you had a Father in heaven
who wanted you to know His heart
and His incredible love for you."
(Roy Lessin)

Dear Cousin didn't know what this would mean to me.  I cried, for I do.  Dear Set has indeed been that.

I then remembered the words from spell 50b in the Book of the Dead, which I have in my shrine:

"A knot was knotted around me by Set
when the Ennead was still in its first strength
before the fighting had started."

Full excerpt:

"Encircled: Excerpts from the Book of the Dead"

"A knot was knotted around me by Set
when the Ennead was still in its first strength
before the fighting had started.

A knot was knotted around me by Nut
in the primeval period, when I had not yet seen Ma'at
when the images of the god had not been created."

From spell 50b in the Book of the Dead
As quoted in "Entangled, Connected or Protected? The power of knots and knotting in ancient Egypt
by Willeke Wendrich in Through a Glass Darkly: Magic, Dreams and Prophecy in Ancient Egypt,
Edited by Kasia Szpakowska, page 256

"A knot was knotted around me by Set, when the Ennead was still in its first strength, before the fighting had started," when my Ba was newly created.  I stood before my shrine, thinking, "Yes, sir!  That's my Ba!  That's my Pa!"

("Pa", not a name I usually call Set, but the rhyming fit in this moment, :) )

Senebty!
Neheh...

Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 265643
  • stats Total Topics: 17687
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98