collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Yinepu  (Read 440 times)

Offline billcu

Yinepu
« on: November 17, 2017, 02:17:50 pm »
Now it's been a while. I am trying to remember. Yinepu/Anubis is Wepwawet right? Or are they similar. I can't remember. I am trying to get back into at least mentally making offerings to "Anubis". I find "he" if that's right protects from evil. Suitable offerings and all used to be up on the old website.

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
Re: Yinepu
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 06:49:25 pm »
Em hotep *henu*

Here are sime good links.

henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/anubis/

henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/wepwawet/
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:38:00 pm »
Em Hotep, Billcu!

Here's a very extensive website which explains all things Jackal Deity related:

http://www.per-sabu.org/

Bezenwepwy also has many photos regarding Jackal deities and other Kemetic jackal entities.

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline billcu

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »
Em hotep *henu*

Here are sime good links.

henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/anubis/

henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/wepwawet/

Yes very good. I was looking for things like acceptable and liked offerings for example.

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:56:17 pm »
Hello billcu,

Here in the House of Netjer Yinepu and Wepwawet are worshipped as separate Names (Gods).  Each has their own unique titles, offerings, and attributes, but there are some things that they share.  There is a lot of information out there on each one of them. The House of Netjer has a link on most of the known Names of Netjer.

Here is the link for Yinepu
http://www.kemet.org/taxonomy/term/36

Here is the link for Wepwawet
http://www.kemet.org/taxonomy/term/120

This is a good place to ask questions and we welcome them. 

Senebty!
Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu]
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline billcu

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 01:30:02 pm »
I use the term in prayers "Anubis". So that would be I would say Yinepu. What are his offerings that's what I am trying to find out.  :)

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 04:29:28 pm »
Em hotep billcu,

Have you ever heard of the website Wepwawet.org?  If not it's basically a wikipedia (but one that cannot be edited like actual wikipedia) site about the Kemetic gods with various lists of things that They like, whether it be traditional as in what was done in antiquity or a universal personal gnosis type of offering.  Here's a link to the website and specifically the website's page that's all about Lord Yinepu.

http://www.wepwawet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Yinepu
"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark." - Rabindranath Tagore

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Minpin

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 04:02:53 am »
It seems to be very unclear how Anpu or Yinepu are actually pronounced (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw several different opinions about that) so I find that too confusing and just refer to him as Anubis when I speak or think the name.
Hail Anubis!

Online ubenetsenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 06:45:04 pm »
as i understand it, we use the spelling Yinepu here because that is likely (given the current pronunciation of coptic) how the transliteration Anpu would have been pronounced. do what makes you and Him happy, though!
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset
𓁴𓁳
tarot and heka by request

Offline Meresinepu

• Rev. Meres - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 10:57:12 pm »
Em hotep billcu,

Offerings for Yinepu?  I like to offer hard candy (he seems to love all of that stuff), I also offer him meat (raw is better but I'll cook it afterwards), dark rum (I tried to offer a less expensive once [aka cheap] and that alcohol turned moldy in about 4 hours ..never seen that happen so after that ...Capt. Morgan seems to work just fine as long as it's a dark[er] colored one.    He seems to like boxes ..I have so many boxes ..I can't seem to help it? 

He likes simple children activities at times (he likes to color at night with me sometimes) he likes dark chocolate as well ..with him for me it has to be something dark[er] food or liquid wise. He likes anything funeral related ..pots or small ceramic holders hold my interest as well .. I've offered my funeral midwifery plans/notes to him which he likes.

There are quite a few jackals here ..perhaps a few more will chime in :)  You are welcome to pm me privately if you wish.  See you on the boards. 

Senebty!

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu]
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Minpin

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 03:57:36 am »
as i understand it, we use the spelling Yinepu here because that is likely (given the current pronunciation of coptic) how the transliteration Anpu would have been pronounced. do what makes you and Him happy, though!

But how exactly is the word Yinepu pronounced?
Hail Anubis!

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 12:37:44 am »
From the  Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook, the pronunciation of Yinepu is /yin NUHP oo/. 
senebty,

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

My Books: My Lulu Store

Offline Yinepuemsaes

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 05:08:57 pm »
I like offering him Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.  He seemed bemused the time I offered orange-flavored vodka to him (which is one of my favorites for myself)...I got the distinct impression he liked the orange taste, but he would have preferred it paired with chocolate.  So if I ever find chocolate-covered orange slices, I will be offering them too.
Yinepuemsaes - "Yinepu is her protection"
Sat Yinepu
Meryt Bast

Online Mirath

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 11:17:59 am »
I like offering him Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.  He seemed bemused the time I offered orange-flavored vodka to him (which is one of my favorites for myself)...I got the distinct impression he liked the orange taste, but he would have preferred it paired with chocolate.  So if I ever find chocolate-covered orange slices, I will be offering them too.

Would a Terry’s Chocolate Orange work?

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2521
  • stats Total Posts: 266213
  • stats Total Topics: 17725
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 98
  • stats Most Online: 182