Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES  (Read 1463588 times)

Offline Lelena

• Remetj
Re: WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES
« Reply #915 on: July 13, 2017, 10:35:20 am »
Em Hotep everyone,

I just LOVE seeing everyone's shrine pictures.  <3  I'm a big aesthetic person (being that I work/live/breath in a design field) so it's so interesting to see how everyone lays out their shrines. 

I just recently reorganized my own.  I still don't feel as though it is correct or complete (the feeling as though I am still missing something, Tamiwi says it may be a parent I do not know, as Set is more than comfortable on the right side but I've always been very compulsive on balance and symmetry in all my designs), but it usually comes to me why the more time I spend in front of it. 

I'll add some better pictures of it once it feels a bit more complete. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoK4Vm9bqcXdEVoU3ozU0FGUGc

Senebty,

Kate

Offline Awibemhethert

• New Members Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #916 on: July 13, 2017, 06:45:24 pm »
Lovely!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ibi

Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #917 on: July 13, 2017, 06:52:16 pm »
Oh, Kate, that is gorgeous! I love the complex / simplistic duality and how symmetrical it is and oooh, it's just lovely.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
~Favored of Two~ (Please don't call me Gezau for short; thank you!)
Meset Set her Sekhmet
Meryt Ptah, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
"Let your bending in the Archer's hand be for gladness." - Kahlil Gibran
they / them / their / themself

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu
« Reply #918 on: July 13, 2017, 07:47:22 pm »
That's a beautiful shrine, Kate!  I've always found that Set prefers his icon on the right side, this was way before I was strictly Kemetic, even.

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)

Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer

Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #919 on: July 13, 2017, 08:04:23 pm »
A somewhat more recent iteration of my main shrine: http://68.media.tumblr.com/d1d65581453ed1ba1865a220ff0dcb61/tumblr_orb0wthg1j1tedb06o1_1280.jpg

I've changed things around a little since and have some lovely new additions incoming that it will make it even nicer, but one gets the idea.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:11:53 pm by Bezenwepwy »
In Jackal-Infested Waters - The continuing adventures!
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #920 on: July 13, 2017, 09:56:22 pm »
A somewhat more recent iteration of my main shrine: http://68.media.tumblr.com/d1d65581453ed1ba1865a220ff0dcb61/tumblr_orb0wthg1j1tedb06o1_1280.jpg

I've changed things around a little since and have some lovely new additions incoming that it will make it even nicer, but one gets the idea.

Always love seeing your shrine, Bezenwepwy. ❤️
"Endowed by Two Fathers"

Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Wesir-Herishef, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu
« Reply #921 on: July 14, 2017, 07:00:18 am »
Very beautiful, Bezenwepwy!

Senebty!
Neheh...

Offline Lelena

• Remetj
« Reply #922 on: July 14, 2017, 09:27:20 am »
Ahh thank you Ibi!  :D 

Gezausenu, thank you too!! I was hoping it reads well like that.  I have a slight obsession with simplistic symmetry!  <3

Neheh, I actually originally had him on the left of my other shrine (which to the right of this picture, and I would do Yoga facing him every night for a few months, and as soon as I stopped I had that urge that I had to move him to that side of my main shrine, which was really interesting!  Definitely think he does like the right side better.

Offline Typhonian

« Reply #923 on: July 14, 2017, 11:31:07 pm »
All these are so beautiful!

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #924 on: July 15, 2017, 04:25:14 pm »
I've always found that Set prefers his icon on the right side, this was way before I was strictly Kemetic, even.

Senebty,
Neheh...

Hm, Neheh, between you (and perhaps Kate post-RPD?) and all the other Set-kids I'd be curious to hear if this maybe has to do with whether He announced Himself as one's Papa first or second. For me, He's always wanted to be on the left, and He showed up before Mama Sekhmet . . . Pre-RPD, when I had a few Names on my shrine without knowing how I related to Them, He always asked to be "to the left."

I'm very curious about this now . . . :P

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:26:29 am by Gezausenu »
Meset Set her Sekhmet

Offline Tjemsy

• Shemsu
« Reply #925 on: July 15, 2017, 04:59:37 pm »
I've always found that Set prefers his icon on the right side, this was way before I was strictly Kemetic, even.

Senebty,
Neheh...

Hm, Neheh, between you (and perhaps Kate post-RPD?) and all the other Set-kids) I'd be curious to hear if this maybe has to do with whether He announced Himself as one's Papa first or second. For me, He's always wanted to be on the left, and He showed up before Mama Sekhmet . . . Pre-RPD, when I had a few Names on my shrine without knowing how I related to Them, He always asked to be "to the left."

Senebty,
Gezausenu

He's on the right for me, because he's "second." I never had any other NTR on my shrine pre-RPD, so I dunno what'd be like then, but I suspect he'd still want to be on the right. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"
formerly rainbowrosepetals

Sekhmet & Set Self-Care Keeper | Taweret & Wepwawet Self-Care Advocate

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, & Nebthet

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu
« Reply #926 on: July 15, 2017, 10:25:38 pm »

Senebty,
Neheh...

Hm, Neheh, between you (and perhaps Kate post-RPD?) and all the other Set-kids) I'd be curious to hear if this maybe has to do with whether He announced Himself as one's Papa first or second. For me, He's always wanted to be on the left, and He showed up before Mama Sekhmet . . . Pre-RPD, when I had a few Names on my shrine without knowing how I related to Them, He always asked to be "to the left."

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

I do think that is why, because Hethert is Spiritual Parent #1.  I found it curious that way back to 2004 or so, he always wanted the right side, long before I knew Hethert was in my life.  How cool, that you have had the corresponding experience.  Partially, this must be because the Netjeru know we read left to right?

Senebty!
Neheh...

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #927 on: July 16, 2017, 04:40:22 am »

Senebty,
Neheh...

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

Em hotep nefer, Gezausenu (and Neheh, and all the other Set-children lurking or getting ready to chime-in)! :D

Set is my "First Father," and His icon has never been completely "happy" other than at center or to my left as I'm facing the shrine.

I'm not sure there's any attested, symbolic directional association there, at least from what I can actively recall at nearly three in the morning. But, for whatever it's worth, to kind of paraphrase and humorize what happened during my RPD, Set came forward IMMEDIATELY, in a "GET IN LINE, LOSERS, I WAS HERE FIRST, SHE WAS WITH ME BEFORE ANY OF YOU" sort of way, hence why I call Him "First Father" (Amun-Re-Banebdjedet, incidentally, I call "Great Father").

Heru-Wer is at the right, and that had long since been the way my shrine-space was organized, even before my Divining. Since I began representing Heru-Wer in my shrine, His image has always mirrored the position of Set's image. To me, it's part and parcel of the Harwyfy/Bawy/Set-Heru syncretism -- that is, in lieu of an outright Harwyfy icon that would occupy one space rather than two. However, Set didn't come to me as my Father as "Harwyfy;" He's distinctly "Set," and His brother came separately as a Beloved, so in a way it wouldn't be entirely appropriate for me to represent Them singularly, I believe.

The current Senut-shrine arrangement has Set at left, Amun-Re-Banebdjedet at center-front, and Heru-Wer at right. Amun-Re-Banebdjedet "contains Everyone," including and especially Set (in my "baby Kemetic" days, many years ago, They came to me in moments of prayer on a few occasions as Set-Amun-Re), so Amun-Re-Banebdjedet takes some "locational precedence" on account of that. In any other Parent-situation, though, I suspect Set would demand center, no if's, and's, or but's, as the first Parent in the absence of Amun-Re or Re as second Parent. As an aside, while Set does (albeit rarely) appear historically as a solar deity and Creator, I suspect His settling for second to Anyone in Modern worship/shrine-arrangements (where He is a Parent of anyone, that is) has to do with Set having a privileged-if-second position to the Creator.

Anyway. Rambling. :P

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"

Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Wesir-Herishef, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Gezausenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #928 on: July 16, 2017, 09:38:39 am »
Thank you all for chiming in! ^_^ This is fascinating me for some reason.

I'll admit that Heru-Wer is technically the furthest to the left in my shrine, but Papa Set is "center-left". Much as Mama Sekhmet wanted to be next to Ptah, Heru-Wer and Set wanted to be next to each other--not only because They're brothers, but also (as Sedjfai mentioned) as a nod to Them as the Bawy, and the only way for that to happen without Heru-Wer being in the middle of Everyone was for Him to be far to the left . . . because of course Papa and Mama do get "center stage" as much as is possible with a shelf and Five Names to accommodate. :P

Neheh, I do wonder if it might have to do with the fact that many of us read left-to-right--I'd be curious to see if / how Papa might express this if one of His children is from a culture which reads in a different direction. :)

Senebty!
Gezausenu.
Meset Set her Sekhmet

Offline Cinder

• Remetj
« Reply #929 on: July 16, 2017, 11:03:47 am »
I'm enjoying all of you Set kid's stories. I haven't been divined just yet, but I figured it'd be okay to put my two cents in because I thought it was an interesting topic.

Heru-wer was the first Netjeru to make Himself obviously known to me, and Wesir came later. And on my altar, Heru-wer's icon is on the left, while Wesir is on the right. I don't think I put any thought into the process at the time, but the thought of it being any other way is a little strange to me, and just feels "off" someone. I don't know, something to ponder for me, I suppose :).

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2418
  • stats Total Posts: 260078
  • stats Total Topics: 17306
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 97
  • stats Most Online: 182