collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Fedw Divination  (Read 64951 times)

Re: Fedw Divination
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 09:37:26 am »
Ok, good idea Sedjemes, thanks!

I would like to know if there are any diviners out there for Aset, Sekhmet, Nit or Bes. In that order...I guess.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 09:41:59 am »
There is a thread about Fedw and a list of diviners in the Announcements and Introductions Section, but it may not have been updated in a while.  You might want to post there to get more information.  
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Tuwer

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 09:46:31 am »
Quote from: TahekerutAset
There is a thread about Fedw and a list of diviners in the Announcements and Introductions Section, but it may not have been updated in a while.  You might want to post there to get more information.  

That part of the forums is members-only, unfortunately (guests and beginner's don't have access to it).
Senebty,
~ Tuwer
~ Daughter of Bast-Mut and (Hekatawy-Alexandros)| (AUS), Beloved of Amun-Ra & Khonsu

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:20 am »
I can see the announcements...
Timu

Offline Menemaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 09:52:54 am »
Quote from: Ara
I can see the announcements...

It's a different forum for members to post various announcements. It's only accessible by Remetj and above.
Menem
Son of Aset, beloved of Seshat and Mut

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 09:56:03 am »
Ahh, thanks. Just thought cuz it said "members only" it might be the same. I'm sure there are muliple levels of access though..
Timu

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 10:26:47 am »
Yep, you can ask for a divination, you just can't do fedw yourself.  Fedw asks the question of the diviner's Parent, not the questioner's Parent, so it's all good.  You would just have to decide which Name you wished to ask and then find a child of that Name who is trained in fedw and willing to divine for you.

Having said that, fedw is pretty simplistic form of divination.  It's good for things that can be asked clearly and simply and have a yes or no answer.  

ETA: oops, I didn't finish reading the thread.  There are several people who divine for Aset.  I can only think of one for Sekhmet, but there are likely others.  There is only one diviner for Bes.  I don't know of any for Nit, but there may be someone I am not aware of.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:30:33 am by Taji »
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 01:45:14 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet

If there is no one who can divine for a Name then there's not much that can be done for it. Asking via another oracular method might be an option.

Well, there is one way around that problem - sometimes Djehuty will speak for another Name.  If you go for a fedw to inquire about questions for another Name (that you have no fedw diviners for) you can have a the diviner ask if Djehuty will speak for that Name (and mention that there are no other children to throw fedw for that Name).  Sometimes He will say yes - but you do have to ask first... and it's not guaranteed.

But you do need to utilize someone who throws for Djehuty though.

Senebty,

Qaitsenu

I will be remembered by those whose lives I've most affected, and least realized it.

W'abet Djehuty her Bast | Herisesheta Bast
Sau Apprentice | Fedw Diviner | The Original Kitbis

http://deskofthescribe.blogspot.com

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 06:20:58 pm »
Hemet can also throw for anyOne, but that would take some coordination given Her busy schedule.
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:45 pm »
Can a Fedw Diviner throw for their beloved/s?  Or can they only throw for their parent?
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Senushemi

• Forum Moderator (Beginners' Forums)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 11:45:59 pm »
Em hotep Iait!

As I understand it, it's mainly done with Parents... but I think (and I'm sure someone will be along who knows more) that you can try divining with a beloved if your Parent(s) just aren't the divination type.  I work with Djehuty, because Bast doesn't seem to be all that interested in divination.  I've never tried divining with Sekhmet; I wonder if I could ask Her about health stuff?

Hmmm... now you have me wondering!  :D
Sat Bast her Djehuty her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Sekhmet
Fedw Diviner for Djehuty and Bast
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Proud waver of the "senu" flag.
senushemi@gmail.com

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:30 am »
My general UPG about divining with beloveds is that it might be okay if you get your Parent's permission first.  And it's always seemed rude of me to ask Her that, so I haven't and divine with Bast-Mut only.  Apparently you can also do fedw with your Akhu, but I haven't tried that.  And Shemi, health stuff is one of the things you're not really supposed to ask fedw about anyway.  :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:45:19 am by Taji »
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 09:49:17 am »
Quote from: Ara
Ok, good idea Sedjemes, thanks!

I would like to know if there are any diviners out there for Aset, Sekhmet, Nit or Bes. In that order...I guess.

I'm the only one who throws for Bes, if it comes down to it.  
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 12:37:50 pm »
Quote from: Senushemi
Em hotep Iait!

As I understand it, it's mainly done with Parents... but I think (and I'm sure someone will be along who knows more) that you can try divining with a beloved if your Parent(s) just aren't the divination type.  I work with Djehuty, because Bast doesn't seem to be all that interested in divination.  I've never tried divining with Sekhmet; I wonder if I could ask Her about health stuff?

Hmmm... now you have me wondering!  :D

Yup Mirror-Twin,  we've got the same situation.  I throw with Dad only because Mom just is literally not interested in it (experience).  That's where I got the information that I can ask Dad to speak for Mom if there's stuff that I want to check with Her about....  He said He'll talk to Her for me and respond with Her responses....  IF She responds!  LOL
Senebty,

Qaitsenu

I will be remembered by those whose lives I've most affected, and least realized it.

W'abet Djehuty her Bast | Herisesheta Bast
Sau Apprentice | Fedw Diviner | The Original Kitbis

http://deskofthescribe.blogspot.com

Offline ubenet

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 02:22:15 pm »
Quote from: Qaitsenu
sometimes Djehuty will speak for another Name.  If you go for a fedw to inquire about questions for another Name (that you have no fedw diviners for) you can have a the diviner ask if Djehuty will speak for that Name (and mention that there are no other children to throw fedw for that Name).  Sometimes He will say yes - but you do have to ask first... and it's not guaranteed.

But you do need to utilize someone who throws for Djehuty though.

huh, i didn't know anyone else had done this!  i throw for Khonsu, and once i asked Him if He'd mind passing questions on to a god who didn't have any diviners at the time.  it went well!  now i'm wondering if it's a moon thing...
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset

tarot and heka by request

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal