collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Fedw Divination  (Read 64952 times)

Re: Fedw Divination
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:10 am »
Quote from: Taji
health stuff is one of the things you're not really supposed to ask fedw about anyway.  :)

Is there a reason for that?
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 11:07:15 am »
Quote from: Iaityinepu
Can a Fedw Diviner throw for their beloved/s?  Or can they only throw for their parent?

They can, but that's rare and I think always because the Parent in question isn't interested in divination. Heru-wer apparently falls into this category. (side story: about two years ago I tried several times to arrange a fedw session to ask Him some things. It never happened. Only since January have I started figuring out the answers.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 11:08:39 am »
Quote from: Ara
Ok, good idea Sedjemes, thanks!

I would like to know if there are any diviners out there for Aset, Sekhmet, Nit or Bes. In that order...I guess.

There are very few children of Nit in the House, period. I don't think any of them would have even been in a situation to learn fedw.
However, since one of Nit's titles is Wepwawet, I wonder if asking Him might work too.

(Incidentally, my Dad LOVES fedw. Things being thrown and flying around? AWESOME!)
Senebty,

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 11:15:42 am »
Quote from: Ara
Quote from: Taji
health stuff is one of the things you're not really supposed to ask fedw about anyway.  :)

Is there a reason for that?

Because if you have health concerns, you should see a doctor about it, not Fedw.
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 01:05:58 pm »
Well, that would be obvious I should think. I also would have to think though, that there are plenty of health related questions you can ask anyways....
Timu

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »
...Such as..."____ is going on a trip, will ____ be safe on said trip"....?

or

"I'm considering surgery, which may or may not be neccesary according to the doctor, and has a 50/50 chance of working, should I or should I not elect to undergo the surgery?"

etc etc....
Timu

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 02:04:48 pm »
I can tell you from experience that the surgery question would not be something I'd even be allowed to ask.
Senebty,

Offline Rev. Sema'a

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:08 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet
I can tell you from experience that the surgery question would not be something I'd even be allowed to ask.

Just adding my agreement. It's not just between the diviner and the querent, but also the deity being asked. Many deities will refuse to answer certain kinds of questions for Their own reasons.
Sema'a Ankh Hen'a Semawy (Sobeqsenu)
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen
Priest of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut, Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet

Ok, but WHY?
Timu

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 02:11:34 pm »
Quote from: Sobeqsenu

Just adding my agreement. It's not just between the diviner and the querent, but also the deity being asked. Many deities will refuse to answer certain kinds of questions for Their own reasons.  

Right, but that would apply to any and all questions wouldn't it? That is, if they don't want to answer it, they won't. What does that have to do with a specific prohibition against health questions?
Timu

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 02:26:44 pm »
It's the seriousness of the topic. Fedw is not meant for either very light questions or very serious matters. Health issues automatically fall into the latter, even if it's optional measures. There's always the chance of things going badly. This is not to say that other divination forms cannot be used to ask the question, just not this one.
I think some of it is also that fedw is not designed to give that sort of answer, because it's a more complex matter.
Senebty,

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 02:26:51 pm »
Issues regarding health are far too complex and important for divination, IMO.  Let's say there was a question about a medical problem, but the answer came up one way not because of the question itself, but because of the way it was phrased.  It's just not a good idea.
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 02:31:55 pm »
Sooo....if it's not serious, why would you even bother asking for guidance from a Name?

There are (I'm sure) many health questions that can be answered with a yes or no answer(see previous post)...
Timu

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 02:32:53 pm »
Not too serious, but not too light? What CAN you ask then?
Timu

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 02:57:42 pm »
I'm not a fedw diviner but I do other divination and I think there's a similar principle.

I've found that health questions are a taboo for most forms of divination.  Divination is not a substitute for sense, and going to a diviner for a health question you could get answered by somebody with actual medical experience in the subject is just not sensible for the same reason you don't go to a veterinarian to get your sofa reupholstered.  It also isn't ethical on the part of the diviner, who is enabling that behavior and could be setting up some life-threatening variables in the process.  It also constitutes medical advice, which can get your diviner in a heap of trouble if he or she isn't a doctor.

Really, besides those ethical issues, questions you want to avoid are ones you could more efficiently answer through other means.  Asking if it will be beneficial for you to go to a conference instead of going on vacation where you personally can't distinguish whether the experience or the rest will be better for you is different than asking whether or not you should go on chemotherapy for cancer that may or may not be successful.  In the former, I think that may be an acceptable question for a reading.  In the latter, that's something you really need to be discussing with your doctor and not a diviner.  And in the case of questions that are really kind of petty anyway, like "Should I have cereal for breakfast instead of french toast?" or something, if you're going to a diviner for questions that light I would consider it almost a sign of an addiction to divination or unnecessary dependency.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:58:40 pm by Setkheni_Itw »
Son of Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer, and Aset-Serqet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal