Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 124
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Heru-sa-Aset's Greatness  (Read 51608 times)

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
Re: Heru-sa-Aset's Greatness
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 03:45:35 am »
Happy Bir'dy Heru-sa-Aset :D
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

Offline Payemheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 05:02:24 pm »
He has steadily helped give me the strength and courage to weather many of my life's more serious storms! Along with my beloveds, he has helped me and advised me with all my problems, even when I don't really listen.

Dua Heru-Sa-Aset!!!
sa Heru-sa-Aset, mery Sekhmet-Hethert her Wesir her Wepwawet

Offline AlluriaSong

• Remetj
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:07 pm »
He has always been there to provide courage and hope for me, and He lights the darkness that clouds my way! I am so grateful to know Him, as He has helped me grow so much and has been so kind to me!

Dua Heru-sa-Aset!

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »
As tomorrow is Wep Ronpet and the start of His year, I re-read this thread to get ideas of what to buy Him. Methinks chocolate and chocolate flavored (or coffee flavored? hmm, anyone else get this?) alcohol would be appreciated.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tahesatmuti

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2013, 05:52:02 pm »
This upcoming year will be a great time to get to know Him. I haven't yet had the opportunity to do so.
-Tahesatmuti (Tahesat)
Catholic follower of ma'at.

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2013, 07:41:41 pm »
I'm going to be remaking my general altar into a space for heka, tools that I do not use with my shrine, etc. I'm thinking that the space which is eye level with me should go to Heru-sa-Aset.
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2013, 09:36:00 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet
As tomorrow is Wep Ronpet and the start of His year, I re-read this thread to get ideas of what to buy Him. Methinks chocolate and chocolate flavored (or coffee flavored? hmm, anyone else get this?) alcohol would be appreciated.

-nods- That sounds good. I think he likes sweet alcohol, but not too strong. (Don't tell Heru-wer or he'll never live down liking "girly" drinks.) The sweet is a nod to his child side, and the not too strong is a nod towards how getting too drunk is not such a great idea.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:54 pm »
This year belongs to Heru-Sa-Aset the King. Not Heru-Sa-Aset the Child. This year will be about strength, victory and justice. Heru will not accept any drama or injustice and this year will be a great one for you as long as you remember this.
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2013, 02:22:34 pm »
Spoiled brat child, no. More like the Zen beginner's mind child who is open to new experience. His justice is tempered with the knowledge that "I was young once too." Part of his strength is a love of life and the knowledge of rejuvenation. But yes, he will still knock you on your butt if you even think of hurting any of his people. All work and no play makes a king into a tyrant.

(Tanebet, I believe that you are a right-eyed child of Heru, and that is a good thing. I am a left-eyed child of Heru, and that is also a good thing. Hotep -henu- )
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:10:14 pm by Shezep_shuty »
Kemetic Mystic

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2013, 08:38:06 am »
I know I'm sort of monopolizing the thread, but I have this fear that if people only see the bight and the shiny and the serious that some may have a harder time connecting with Him. I feel this need to tell a left-eyed story about Heru-sa-Aset and possibly give a different perspective on what victory and power might mean.

The first time I met Heru, he was down on his knees and broken, crying over the loss of Kemet. "Brought down by the arrogance of the people," he said. It was his purpose to care for the kingdom, and then it was gone.

I've been working on this problem for nineteen years, half of my life. I tried ignoring the image for awhile, but it always came back around. To find true healing, you can't simply discard those pieces that are damaged or not as shiny. You have to gather all of them together with love. This includes the scorpion stings and the lapses in judgement, because those are part of what made you. You must purify them, and yourself, in the process. It is long and painful work. Looking to the simple, harmless, pleasures in life helps. Joking around is part of the therapy. Honoring your family and letting them help you is also important.

Now the image has changed. I see him on his feet again, ready to move forward, ready to fight if he has to. This is what victory and power means to me. This is definitely our year.

Seeing your king on the floor would be discouraging to most people. He doesn't usually want to show that side. He didn't want to show me. Sekhmet ratted him out. But I think those who also struggle may be encouraged by this story. Don't give up. Hopefully it won't take you quite so many years to accomplish, but if it does, it does. There's nothing better to do.
Kemetic Mystic

Offline Tanebet

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2013, 10:33:26 am »
Quote from: Shezep_shuty
Spoiled brat child, no. More like the Zen beginner's mind child who is open to new experience. His justice is tempered with the knowledge that "I was young once too." Part of his strength is a love of life and the knowledge of rejuvenation. But yes, he will still knock you on your butt if you even think of hurting any of his people. All work and no play makes a king into a tyrant.

(Tanebet, I believe that you are a right-eyed child of Heru, and that is a good thing. I am a left-eyed child of Heru, and that is also a good thing. Hotep -henu- )  

I am not exactly sure that I know what you mean with right-eyed and left-eyed child of Heru, but Heru talked about the need of balance. This year of strength, power and victory will come with its own challenges. We need to remember that we can be proud but not arrogant, there has to be justice, but compassion too.

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2013, 09:58:00 pm »
Quote from: Tanebet

I am not exactly sure that I know what you mean with right-eyed and left-eyed child of Heru, but Heru talked about the need of balance. This year of strength, power and victory will come with its own challenges. We need to remember that we can be proud but not arrogant, there has to be justice, but compassion too.  

You associate primarily with the king. I primarily associate with everything else, though I am starting to come around and seek out that balance. Integration of all the parts, as in restoring the Eye, has been a big thing with me. I know it's a different Heru, but they're all related and I see the patterns replay themselves in different ways with each retelling. Insisting that the Child is excluded from the year's celebrations rubbed me the wrong way because he is part of the whole.

Basically, soft spot, ow, you found it.
Kemetic Mystic

Offline Tanebet

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2013, 11:54:31 pm »
Heru made it clear Himself that we are dealing with Heru, the king, this year.
This doesn't really mean "that anyone insisted that Heru, the child should be excluded", we are just forwarding the message we got from Him, not more, not less. I am sorry, that it rubs you the wrong way.

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »
Focusing on the King is not a problem.

Deliberately saying "Not Heru-Sa-Aset the Child." Is a problem. That sounds exactly like exclusion. Exclusion was pretty much the number one issue in the Child's life, minus the guy who wanted to kill him. I'm not saying we should celebrate exclusion, but I am saying we should not repeat it. If there was no Child there would be no King. His life experiences made him what he is.
Kemetic Mystic

Offline Tanebet

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2013, 02:52:13 pm »
That was never my intention, I just pointed out to which special form of Heru this year belongs. It was HIS decision to come as Heru the King this year, the one who brings order and peace.
Personally I am going to honour the manifestation He chose for His year and does not mean by any means that I am going to ignore His other forms. I honour all His forms, but if He wants me to look especially at Heru, the King then I will exactly do that becase He had a reason for chosing that form.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tanebet »

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3061
  • stats Total Posts: 291596
  • stats Total Topics: 19818
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653
anything