collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 63
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Heru-sa-Aset's Greatness  (Read 51560 times)

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Heru-sa-Aset's Greatness
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2013, 06:30:09 am »
I think focus is a more appropriate term than exclude here. As I understand it he wants us to focus on certain of his aspects, probably because we're going to particularly need that guidance and support this year.
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2013, 03:09:42 pm »
Hotep!  *henu*

Focus would be an excellent term to use.  Heru-sa-Aset's message was about responsability (both ours as members of the community, and His as a ruler of Kemet).  He spoke about the honor and privalage we have being a part of this community, the duty we have to support each other, and the responsability to not be arrogant in what we do and how we go about doing it.  He spoke to us as a king to His people concerning what He expects from us, and what we can expect from Him.

It was basically a combination pep talk and warning.  One of those "you are capable of greatness, if you do your duty I will be there to magnify your efforts; if you don't do your duty I will be there to hold you accountable;  either way I will be there" type conversations.

Please don't take the above message the wrong way.  This is ment to be a good year with lots of good things in store for us (as long as we do what we are supposed to do).  Heru-sa-Aset didn't come as a dictator this year, but as a responsable king.  He'd like to guide us to be a better and stronger community capable of great things, but He will not tolerate those who intentionally cause problems or fail to do what is expected of them.

If that means we need help, then we ask for it rather than suffer in silence.  If we see a member of our community in need or alone (alone not by choice, but by neglect or indifference)then we do something about it. If we don't, He WILL hold us accountable.

My hope is that we rise to the occasion and are stronger for it.  We did this at retreat this year, and it was one of the best we've ever had if not the best based on what we accomplished together, and without drama that we've seen in previous years.  We had 3 folks who had never been to retreat before, and by the end of the first day you'd have never known it as we pulled togother as a community to make sure they didn't feel like they were new or not part of the club (easy to do when everyone else attending has known each other for seveal years and spends time catching up on events over the previous year and renewing friendships rather than making sure those who are attending for the first time aren't ignored (even unintentionally) ).

We are a great group of folks, capable of great things if we remember that.  This is a year where Heru-sa-Aset won't let us forget that fact.

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2013, 08:04:24 pm »
I apologize for causing such a stir. My skin is still a little sensitive after doing some renewal work over the holiday. I'm glad to see we're pretty much on the same page now.
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2013, 11:58:36 am »
Hotep!  *henu*

No worries.  ^_^  It can be easy to miss or not get the subtext to events when you aren't there in person.  I don't think anyone took your meaning the wrong way, and you did raise good points, it's just He was very direct about why He was presiding over the year, and getting blindsided at the end of the year due to missing that wouldn't be any fun.  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »
Wow, the image of Heru weeping on his knees is very powerful. I'm not sure if I'd be alone in this one, but it makes me respect him more. I don't trust a leader who refuses/can't show a little vulnerability from time to time. I know some who feel he's distant, but I find him to be one of the most involved gods I've worked with thus far.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 11:44:21 am »
I made contact with Heru-sa-aset briefly this past summer, and he was one of the few netjeru that have ever mentally "spoken" to me in normal speech/words, and quite colloquially at that, it kind of threw me off, haha.  Usually I get emotions, images, stream-of-consciousness impressions, very subtle ways of communicating.  Not so Heru-sa-aset.  

Since it was announced here that this was his year and I'd never spent time with him, I took a few to try to reach out.  This can be a little hard to do "cold", so I thought a little bit about other mythological figures I was a tad more familiar with that could be used as a point of reference.  I had spent some minor time playing in the Arthurian legends (hence the screen name for a fairly damaged seeker,) and trotted out Sir Gawain for a comparison. Very much a solar hero, strength triples with the sun, young warrior type more active than King Arthur, his active second-in-command counterpart (before Lancelot conveniently for dramatics took over his role as king's hero-biffle,) whose name is derived from Gwalchmai, or "The Hawk of May". Separate entities for sure, Gawain is a ladies man and a major sweet-talker/speechifier, but it was what I had to start with and was rolling these thoughts around mentally.

In my head I heard, teasing-disparaging, clear as a bell and without missing a beat, "He's a hack."

I have a pretty active imagination.  It was two weeks before I believed it was an actual thing.

What turned me was, I got this dusty little statue of him on the cheap at the flea market, the seller was packing up so it went for pocket change.  Got home, rinsed off & scrubbed the statue, threw down an offering dish of water in front of it, like I'd brought home a thirsty a parakeet or something.

Poof, surprise raise at work the next day.

...I wish They *all* did that!

And that was it, he left after that. Left an impression though.

Dua Heru-sa-aset, thank you for gifting me with extra money in a very costly year!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:57:27 pm by thefisherfool »

Offline Tawa'ubast

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2018, 11:11:57 pm »
Reviving the thread because I'm getting a lot of royal kingly vibes from Heru right now, just increasing into my evening.

I was reflecting on how He caught my interest as a child way back when. I loved AE when younger and also loved cats and birds a whole lot. I had this minor obsession with Him for a bit before my wandering childlike ways found other things to play with.

That has me wondering if He didn't enter my life at that point and stayed with me until my RPD.

I definitely get the same feelings for coffee and chocolate. One time He HAD to have my cookie from the Doubletree hotel.  Nuts and chocolate.

Overall He has this kingly feeling, not entirely super serious all the time, but like a watchful protector that isn't afraid to joke sometimes.

Love Him!
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Fundraising Team ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2018, 10:42:31 am »
Thank you Tawa'ubastmut for reviving this thread.

I love everything about Heru-sa-Aset.  He's the one, along with His sister Bast, that led me to the House.  And I was thrilled He chose to be my Father in my RPD.  For the most part the aspects I usually see are His kingly self, the mature, responsible man in His late 20's to early 30's.  I've also gotten the younger, warrior aspect too though and He likes humor.  As far as offerings go, He has been pretty laid back in my experience "If you like it, I'm sure I'll like it too."  But I've definitely gotten the vibe that He loves anything chocolate, especially milk chocolate and nuts like Snickers bar for example.

Papa has always been kind, and understanding, though I think He gets maybe just a little exasperated with me from time to time.  He's never really been that strict with me.  Two songs I associate the most with Him are Lean On Me - Bill Withers and Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison.  He values loyalty, trust, honesty, equality, and balance the most, and I get the feeling He can't stand liars and pretenders.
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2018, 02:35:16 am »
Em hotep,

Very glad to see this thread revived. I was surprised, yet not surprised (if that makes sense) that Heru Sa Aset is a Beloved of mine.

Yinepu sent me to Him a few years back, as I was reaching a certain point in my development that Yinepu knew was coming, and that He knew Heru would be the best one to lead me through. It was intimidating at first, but I trusted and slowly built a relationship with Him.

He is, for me, several things. A loyal, trustworthy, and dignified Netjer. I can feel the kingly demeanor with the discipline and fearlessness of a warrior. When something is wrong, when someone is trying to get one over on others, He is the first to step up, stand tall and stand firm, fix His hawk eye, and say, "Not here, not now." Right and wrong, truth and justice are very important with Him. While He is a Netjer of few words, when He does speak, His words are well chosen and enunciated. He is precise, clear, and I feel a ruthlessness as well.

His compassion with me, though, is palpable. He has been very patient as I work through my issues and begin to find my voice. I am deeply grateful to Him for teaching me about standing firm between those that would disparage others and those that gave them shelter or trusted them. I never saw myself as having that role, never asked for that role, but most of my life I have found myself in that position. Now I know how and why.

Tatuayinepu
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu and Sed/Fundraising Team

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2018, 08:59:04 am »
Em hotep Tatuayinepu,

I have experienced the same kind of compassion from Him as well.  I've heard from some that He's really strict, but I haven't gotten that side of Him at all, well except once when I asked about something and He firmly put His foot down and said No!  Also with the patience too.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Mr awesome357

• Remetj
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2019, 09:56:50 am »
I think he likes my my video game, Halo 5 because i threw up 3 random vehicle reqs in battle and they were all wasp's which mind you 2 of them were regular which is a 5% chance and one was a hannibal which is a.05% chance drop and the hannibal is the most powerful variant. The Wasp is a small vtol type of aircraft if you wanna know what it is.
...Insert text here...
www.mixer.com/Mr_awesome357

Offline Tamiwi

• Rev Danielle, Ordained Priest
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2019, 03:43:16 pm »
"He's the one, along with His sister Bast, that led me to the House."

HSA and Bast are siblings?

News to me lol!!

Though if it is true, that would be cool.

Heru-Sa-Aset and I have a very loving, though teasing, relationship. A bromance, perhaps? I never had a serious encounter with him, and far more of a princely one; a young adolescent coming of age and still headstrong, and perhaps a little confused, with his becoming. I can sympathize. His relationship in my lineup is the one I need to work on the most, though I am kind and gentle on myself. I only just have come to know Hethert better after years of striving to know her, and she has shown herself to me more often in dreams and life. Perhaps it will soon be Heru's time, too. As beloveds, I feel they all have a specific place and time they are pre-destined to know us better.
W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner | Heri-sesheta Bast

Online Taswauyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2019, 10:21:49 pm »
If I recall correctly, HSA and Bast being siblings is a Greekified/Romanized thing - where They were  linked to Apollo and Artemis ^^

But in purely Kemetic/KO circles it’s not the case.
Meset Yinepu
☥ “The Journey of Yinepu" ☥
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Hethert-Nut, Bast, her Mafdet
Fedw Diviner || Fundraising Team Member || Self Care Yinepu & Sekhmet-Mut advocate

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3059
  • stats Total Posts: 291479
  • stats Total Topics: 19808
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653
anything