collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Leadership in the Common Era  (Read 66859 times)

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
Re: Leadership in the Common Era
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »
Hotep!

I believe Julie Anne is referring to a group led by someone named Pharaoh Barry. I don't know if it's legit, or a parody group led by a prankster

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 09:52:37 pm »
Quote from: NiankhSekhmet

And you think that she might have done this for "Power"?

I'm not saying that was her motivation, I'm just saying, for some people, it is a motivator- good, bad or indifferent.

Well, there is a concept that is called "safe space" and some of our Membership, myself included, feels that there is great benefit to be had that is not so easily perused by those who are not members of the Temple.  I want a place where I can discuss with members of my faith things that concern us and our community. That shouldn't bother anyone, really. Do you give access to the whole of your life and privacy to the world at large? I am betting you don't. No one does.

I can understand safe space. I've belonged to many forums where there is a full members section that the avg. joe can't see. All I'm saying is, the leader of KO only talks in a hidden forum. It gives a very misleading perception.

Quote from: Sedjemes

First of all, there is no such thing as the "HoN section of KO." Kemet.org is the webpage Internet presence of Kemetic Orthodoxy which is the House of Netjer which is Kemetic Orthodoxy. These forums are just one part. Sometimes people come straight to the forums, sometimes people find kemet.org and then the forums. In either case we certainly encourage people to read kemet.org while also participating in the forums especially if they have interest in our faith and practice.

To me, they were separate websites, and I refer to them separately. I've been chastised in the past for using HoN and KO synonymously, and honestly don't know which is which is which (lol). I found kemet.org first, and thought that nothing was going on because of the lack of updates. Now that i know that those links still work, I'll probably go sign up, but when the website it out of date, I think that links are as well.

Quote from: Coty

I found information on applying very easily. All it takes is glancing around the kemet.org page. No, the front page isn't updated very often, but it's not too difficult to find relevant information. For instance, in the "Next Beginner's Group!" update on the front page about the beginner's class (which is outdated, yes) there is a link to apply right there. In link form.

As stated above, when things are out of date, I tend to think that links are as well. I'll be signing up soon, so that I can catch the next class.

Edited to add: Additionally, the beginner's class that started at the end of October (the one that I'm in now) has been the only publicly unannounced class in awhile, as far as I can see. The class before the current one was announced in the Public Announcement forum of this board.

Yeah, I noticed that after I started here (which I think was in late August) someone in a thread mentioned the new class that had just started. So I must have missed it or something.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Seshagemseger

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 09:53:32 pm »
Em hotep!

Regardless of what any other groups out there are saying, we consider the House of Netjer to be the only Kemetic Orthodox temple.  I could start a Neo-Pagan group tommorow and call it the Roman Catholic Church, but that wouldn't make it so, and it would be confusing and in poor taste.

There are a number of "splinter groups" started by former members who either disagreed with some of our practices, or wanted to lead their own groups for whatever reason.  There are unrelated groups as well; maybe one of them thought "Kemetic Orthodox" was a cool name and decided to borrow it, or came up with the name independently.  Regardless, we don't recognize any other groups as being Kemetic Orthodox.
Child of Seshat
Beloved of Hethert, Serqet, and Shu
seshat.org / Facebook / LiveJournal

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 10:10:04 pm »
Em Hotep *henu*,

there are the "Kemet this week" podcasts
http://kemetthisweek.libsyn.org/

Then there is the blog "Kemet today"
http://dailykemet.blogspot.com/

IMHO one cannot really say that our Nisut (AUS) only talks in hidden forums

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 08:40:16 am »
Em hotep Tanebet!

Thank you for posting the podcast link. I think these and the continuation of them on an ongoing basis proves the entire point about Hemet's accessibility more succinctly than almost anything else that has been said here by the rest of us.

Dua Netjer en etj! :)

Senebty!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by NiankhSekhmet »
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 10:09:29 am »
Quote from: yosef1986
Hotep!

I believe Julie Anne is referring to a group led by someone named Pharaoh Barry. I don't know if it's legit, or a parody group led by a prankster

Um,yea,that'd be the one - I wasn't sure how legit they are either,which is why I was puzzled when I saw their site. Hope I haven't accidentally stirred up a hornet's nest here or anything.  :eek: *crawls back under rock*
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet,Beloved of Bast-Mut,Amun-Ra,Khonsu,and NebtHet-Nit-Seshat

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 10:49:17 am »
Em hotep JulieAnne!

Hope I haven't accidentally stirred up a hornet's nest here or anything.

LOL! No, of course not! After over fifteen years of most of we old-timers 'enjoying' the antics of our detractors, why would we get upset?  If anything we have managed to get a few laughs out of some of them and there's not a whole lot that we have not seen or heard before! ;)

No harm no foul!

Senebty!
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2009, 03:25:28 pm »
Em hotep Devo! *henu*

It can be frustrating trying to find information on something and not finding it. I have been in those shoes before. From my understanding the Kemet.org website will soon be undergoing extensive revisions and reorganization soon. I am sure that they will not be updated until then. I have sat in on some discussion groups with the Nisut (AUS) and fellow Shemsu, and heard some very interesting ideas and plans. Give it time, things will happen.

I encourage you to read  Letters from the Nisut. These are dated but contain excellent material on our faith and living in ma'at. Check it out.

If you ever have any questions feel free to message my and I will help out. Hemet (AUS) is easily able to get a hold of at her email. She may not answer right away but she usually has an inbox with several hundred emails. It is easy for me to say be patient, when I am not the one that has to wait. But I offer my assistance if you need it, and if I don’t know the answer I can find someone who does.

Senebty,

Raheri
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2009, 02:01:35 pm »
Quote from: Devo
I've been chastised in the past for using HoN and KO synonymously, and honestly don't know which is which is which (lol).

this comes as a surprise to me.  it's always been *my* understanding that HoN and KO were/are synonymous, and i must say i'm curious as to who would chastise you for thinking otherwise.
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2009, 03:27:33 pm »
Kemetic Orthodoxy IS the House of Netjer and vice versa. That is very interesting. I wonder what context the chastisement was in. Seems a rather strange thing. ;)

However, as someone mentioned there is a "Pharaoh Barry I"on Facebook I think that is setting himself up as Kemetic Orthodox and there is no connection to us at all. I stumbled on hi when looking for other members of our Temple on that site.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by NiankhSekhmet »
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2009, 09:35:58 pm »
Quote from: Tanebet
Em Hotep *henu*,

there are the "Kemet this week" podcasts
http://kemetthisweek.libsyn.org/

Then there is the blog "Kemet today"
http://dailykemet.blogspot.com/

IMHO one cannot really say that our Nisut (AUS) only talks in hidden forums

Senebty
Tanebet

The podcasts confuse me, as it sounds like a guy speaking, not a female. I only went a few back, but all I ever heard was a guy.
I've seen the daily blog before. however, in my opinion, that is not interacting with people. That's writing some thoughts out in your journal for people to read. That's the main different btwn forums and journals- the very nature of a forum is to talk amongst one another, like a non-instant chat room as it were. It's not the same.
Quote from: kathleen
I've been chastised in the past for using HoN and KO synonymously, and honestly don't know which is which is which (lol).

this comes as a surprise to me.  it's always been *my* understanding that HoN and KO were/are synonymous, and i must say i'm curious as to who would chastise you for thinking otherwise.

I went to go find the link to it (it's an LJ comment on someone else's journal) but it's no longer accessible to me. So the owner of the journal either hid or deleted the post, so I can't quote it for you, nor can I remember who said it.
Quote from: Raheri
Hemet (AUS) is easily able to get a hold of at her email. She may not answer right away but she usually has an inbox with several hundred emails.

Email seems to be the best bet, but I must admit I'm uncomfortable with emailing a "random" person that I don't know, and I'm not sure with how I'd even start to talk to her. I'm thinking the best bet is to wait through the beginner's courses, and read the hidden forums, so that I can learn a bit more that way.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2009, 02:42:44 am »
That's KI Antybast on the podcasts, he's Hemet's right hand man, so to speak.
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

Offline Awetitu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2009, 03:41:06 am »
The podcasts confuse me, as it sounds like a guy speaking, not a female. I only went a few back, but all I ever heard was a guy.

I'm confused now, Devo, are you seeking to hear Hemet's (AUS) voice? You can go back to Podcast 4 if that's what you're actually looking for.  Additionally, she has appeared on History Television in their special on the Egyptian Book of the Dead, portions of which have been uploaded to YouTube (type in Tamara Siuda in the Search Bar).
Email seems to be the best bet, but I must admit I'm uncomfortable with emailing a "random" person that I don't know, and I'm not sure with how I'd even start to talk to her. I'm thinking the best bet is to wait through the beginner's courses, and read the hidden forums, so that I can learn a bit more that way.

-Devo

The easiest way is to say hello, I guess, Devo.  From there, you can ask her questions that are pressing on your mind and see what happens.  It can be frightening and off-putting to e-mail a stranger, but it can also be very rewarding. I wish you luck in finding the answers you are seeking and I hope that some of the resources that we have pointed you at are helpful.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Awetitu »
Awetitu - aka Awi
Sa Sobek her Set, mery Heru-wer her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2009, 10:26:28 am »
Em Hotep Devo *henu*,

I am sorry that find that there our Nisut (AUS) isn't easily approachable and of course I have no idea about your past religious experiences and of what kind of interaction you are used to. I have been Catholic before I joined the House of Netjer and as such I can only say that as Catholic I never expected to meet, talk and interact with the pope, either directly or via the internet (and I think that's how the majority feels). Here in the House of Netjer I have and had many opportunities to interact with our Nisut (AUS). I guess that's why I don't think that there isn't much interaction.

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2009, 10:58:27 pm »
Quote from: Awetitu

I'm confused now, Devo, are you seeking to hear Hemet's (AUS) voice? You can go back to Podcast 4 if that's what you're actually looking for.  Additionally, she has appeared on History Television in their special on the Egyptian Book of the Dead, portions of which have been uploaded to YouTube (type in Tamara Siuda in the Search Bar).

The person seemed to be implying that because of the podcasts and blog that the Nisut wasn't hidden. However, if it is not the Nisut speaking in the podcasts, to me, it is like comparing apples to oranges, unless I misunderstood the reference.

The easiest way is to say hello, I guess, Devo.  From there, you can ask her questions that are pressing on your mind and see what happens.  It can be frightening and off-putting to e-mail a stranger, but it can also be very rewarding. I wish you luck in finding the answers you are seeking and I hope that some of the resources that we have pointed you at are helpful.  

I guess this depends. I'm not sure how I would start things, and would need to consider it before just randomly talking to her.

Quote from: Tanebet

I am sorry that find that there our Nisut (AUS) isn't easily approachable and of course I have no idea about your past religious experiences and of what kind of interaction you are used to. I have been Catholic before I joined the House of Netjer and as such I can only say that as Catholic I never expected to meet, talk and interact with the pope, either directly or via the internet (and I think that's how the majority feels). Here in the House of Netjer I have and had many opportunities to interact with our Nisut (AUS). I guess that's why I don't think that there isn't much interaction.

My previous religious exp. are more or less null and void. I never took active role in any religion until I found paganism, and moved into Kemeticism. To me, a religious figure should permeate all levels of their temple/church/coven/whatever. While I would never expect to meet hte Pope, I'd expect to meet my HPS or HP and get to know them. To me, religion should be a close knit experience. Not having the leader be a part of the organization at most levels causes it to fall apart, and to create misconceptions, IMO. So to me, not to see her interacting with all members and non-members gives a not so great feeling to me.
-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3052
  • stats Total Posts: 291004
  • stats Total Topics: 19764
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 560
anything