collapse collapse

* Donation Status

51%
Current donation status as of October 18, 2021 = $1,830.69 of $2,500 or 73%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Dreaming of Netjer.  (Read 19311 times)

Re: Dreaming of Netjer.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 08:53:24 am »
Well, everyones experience is different.

I personally get *most* of my communication with them (for the moment anyways) through dreams, because that is the type of communication I'm most sensitive to, apparently.

Aaaand, that was a joke. Bad one I guess...
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 08:58:20 am »
Em hotep Biscotti:

It is indeed a sad thing when any of Netjer's children gets the idea into their head that they are not worthy of God even "bothering with them" - or that in some way they are "not special".  Not to sound cliche' or patronising, but every single person, every single creation has something to offer.

For as bad as the Kevin Costner Robin Hood movie was, there was a scene in which Morgan Freeman's character, Kazim, was asked by a little girl why God painted him. He answered quite simply, "Because He loves infinite variety."   I have never forgotten that one scene or that response, because it is true.  Netjer does love infinite variety, and we are an expression of that. Sometimes in this mundane world that absolutely undervalues everyone on a constant basis and underscores an assumed insignificance of the individual, it's good to remember that.

Your dreams were given to you in your specific language, only for you. I think that is quite precious, personally.

Senebty!
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 09:35:11 am »
Hotep Ara :)

I was not putting down your experience, merely commenting on what possibly seemed to be your at least momentary bewilderment on why the gods seem to be constantly be in your dreams and just maybe you might hope they would turn it down a bit ;)

If I misread that and responded to that in error I only meant to be helpful.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 09:52:18 am »
Nope, not bewildered...sorry... I'm really terrible at expressing myself via email/internet....my campy jokes/ironic non sequiturs never come off quite right...lol....
Timu

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 10:21:08 am »
It would seem that quite a few people get dreams from the Netjeru.  Personally, I never have.  My dreams are best described as technicolor brain vomit.  The only god who could have given me these is maybe Eris.  Because of this I would probably be really critical of any dream with a god in it.  Unfortunately these is no sure fire way to distinguish between a normal dream and a divine message.
Kehawi
Sa Amun-Ra her Set
Mery Serqet her Heru-wer

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 10:24:29 am »
HAAA! Nice....

From my experience Eris loves to give you dream "motion sickness" from too many flashing images/scene changes more than anything else...
Timu

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 01:24:58 pm »
Biscotti in my personal experience, my dreams involving Netjer have been more then just your normal dreams. These dreams were something akin to OBE or full blown color+ effects. I mean, I actually felt certain attributes of the name.

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 02:54:09 pm »
I love it when I see and speak to my Parent and Beloveds in a dream. I suffer from nightmares so these dreams with the Netjer are important to me. :)
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 05:22:41 pm »
I have only ever had one dream where Netjer were involved in, to my knowledge anyway.

It was during my Beginner's Course and I was really confused as to what path to take afterwards.  Shall I stay at Remetj or commit myself as a Shemsu.  I remember my dream well, I was walking through streets with arrows pointing to one direction, followed by more.  Basically it told me to be a Remetj and then when I find my feet to understand the Names, the religion and myself more then contiue to be a Shemsu.

I do love these dreams.  When the Names are involved they become more spiritual and beautiful.  I've read so many posts by members here of their dreams and it makes me smile :)
I can't think of a catchy quote or phrase ... so ... yeah ...

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 12:57:29 pm »
I use to dream of Yniepu often, though it happens rarely know, mainly since I can't really do much until I have my own place.

Offline TadagyterRa

• Shemsu
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »
I used to have this reacurrent nightmare in which I was in a very old mansion, and there were lots of dead people there who always haunted me. It got spooky when another KO member was dreaming very similar things... same house, same dead people.
So the only time I dreamt with a Netjeru, it was Yinepu. I'll post what I wrote in my livejournal, since this is from 2008:

"I dreamt with Yinepu last night... (first time a God talks to me in my dreams) he showed up in my recurrent nightmare in which I'm in a haunted mansion... and he said something like: "I'll always be there to protect you, and if I can't, I'll leave one of my netjeri instead. You don't have to worry"
Next thing I remember is we both looked at a husky or a wolf plushie (one that looked exactly like this one I've just found http://www.jeannieshouse.com/gift_shop/webkinz_husky.html ) as if He was going to place a netjeri in there ¿?   (there were some kids there too, so I imagine it was theirs)  --ah yeah, he also said "I don't think it's dead people only..." (meaning that I'm not haunted by the dead but... something else? *g* niiiice)
Odd isn't it? I'll see if I can find a husky around here... no way I'm buying that in dollars "

Quote ends there. I never bought the husky btw, since I couldn't find one that looks just like the one in that link.
Tadagyt-er-Ra-Heruakhety (Tadagyt or Dagyt)

Sat Ra-Heruakhety <3
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 11:31:34 pm »
I don't believe I have had a sleeping dream with Netjer in it, but I have had 'waking dreams' and 'day dreams' where They have come to me... the Names I've experienced this with have been Bast, Sekhmet, Djehuty, Yinepu, and an unknown mother Name. 'Waking dreams' are kind of hard to explain, but they are sort of similar to 'day dreams' and they mainly happen right before I fall asleep or I wake up and am still half asleep when They come to me. I've also had a type of 'meditative day dream' too where Bast has visited with me. Sorry if I'm ranting... ^_^ Anyone else experience this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by EvolvingWolf »
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 11:33:16 pm »
I tend to periodically have akhu dreams. In particular, my maternal grandfather tends to appear, dressed in white and always accompanied by a black dog. Usually he ends up in my dreams when it's time to learn something or overcome some trouble.

Most recently, he was in my dreams after the new year. I realized I was not having a regular dream, so I flagged him down and asked him a question:

"So, just for the record because I've wondered...when you show up I'm not having just a normal dream, am I?"

"Nope."

Then he went on to show me some things of personal significance. I find that fairly reassuring, personally. Anyone else have similar experiences?
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Asetwedjbai

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 12:13:44 am »
Quote from: Khesretitui
I tend to periodically have akhu dreams. In particular, my maternal grandfather tends to appear, dressed in white and always accompanied by a black dog. Usually he ends up in my dreams when it's time to learn something or overcome some trouble.

Most recently, he was in my dreams after the new year. I realized I was not having a regular dream, so I flagged him down and asked him a question:

"So, just for the record because I've wondered...when you show up I'm not having just a normal dream, am I?"

"Nope."

Then he went on to show me some things of personal significance. I find that fairly reassuring, personally. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Hotep!

Yes I do, but weirdly it's not Akhu who tend to show up and do this, it's someone I used to be really close to. It happens like your Akhu dream, he tells me things that are Significant. I don't know if it's really him, my subconscious using him as a symbol, a Name, or a Netjeri...it's just weird.

I've had dreams with my Akhu in them twice: once was a friend who committed suicide: a few years later he came to me in a dream and explained how he had found his way home and was okay now...he told me it took him a long time to get "home" because he had to be healed on his journey. He said "you can't imagine what it's like, I can't tell you because you lack the words for it."

My maternal grandmother came to me and taught me some heka. It worked :)

senebty, Wedjbai
Wedjbai
sat Aset-Amenti
meryt Hethert, Wesir, Yinepu, Nut &
Nebthet

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 05:22:47 am »
Hotep!

Interesting to hear your dream Tadagyter, I had a dream where Sobek showed up in an object too. You said Yinepu placed a Netjeri inside a doll, maybe Sobek placed a Netjeri inside of a sword. I didn't understand the dream, it had a person wielding a sword, and Djehuty told me the sword WAS Sobek. Weird huh?

Senebty

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3484
  • stats Total Posts: 303559
  • stats Total Topics: 21040
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal