collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: How Do We Purify?  (Read 21769 times)

Re: How Do We Purify?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 11:36:37 am »
I was just wondering what ratio of natron to water you guys use, and do you use any special type of water (such as bottled spring ect) also what are these whites?

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 12:09:32 pm »
Hotep

In the Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook by our Nisut, Rev. Tamara Siuda, the "recipe" for making natron is given as one part kosher (or at least non-sea) salt, 1 part baking soda, mix and cover with water to about one-quarter of the pan's depth.

When using natron-water to ritually purify, I generally use any regular-size cup (6-8 ozs) and ten grains of natron (which for me is a generous pinch). I bathe as normal and then use the natron-water for my ritual purification. I use bottled water (our tap water here is not the best--that's my own preference).

Reference to whites is that when Kemetic Orthodox perform senut we generally wear clean white clothes, light-colored clothes are also acceptable, but any clean clothes will do for the purpose.

Saying all that, I point out that the ritual of senut and how we in Kemetic Orthodoxy perform it *is* a Kemetic Orthodox prayer ritual. One can be Kemetic and not use this (and conversely one can choose to use this). But this is particularly a Kemetic Orthodox rite that anyone can choose to use if they wish. It is explained in the Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook for general use.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »
Hotep

Thanks for that, that has really helped me. I suppose i will learn all this when i undertake the beginners class.

Offline Taylor

• Remetj
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »
How do you bless stuff?

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 11:32:59 pm »

Quote from: Taylor
How do you bless stuff?

Hotep!

That's actually covered in both the Beginner's Class and in our Nisut's (AUS!) Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook. I'm big on the Prayerbook myself, as it contains a plethora of information that can be used.

Basically there is a hymn that we say over the natron and water before combining the both of them together, followed by another once the two are joined together.

Senebty!
~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 11:55:08 am »
This is kind of long concerning a visualization technique I've figured out while purifying. The idea is based loosely off of certain purifying chi gong meditations, but it adapts extremely well to use with the natron water.

The idea is that certain memories or emotions might be stored in the body, under the skin. These, or other ilnesses, can cause the energy that naturally flows there to become blocked or stagnant. This is, in a nutshell, what acupuncture is all about. However, you don't have to know any of that to get this to work.

Let's start off with the assumption that you have an energy body that overlaps with your physical body. The energy body is composed of layers. I don't really care what you call them or how you divide them. For the sake of the exercise, just assume that they're there.

In the shower, take a little bit of the natron water in your hand and use it to wash an area of the body. Feel the water sink underneath the first layer of the energy body so that it also washes the layers underneath. The sensation might, or might not, move beyond the immediate area where the water physically touched your skin. (Don't try to cheat and splash a bit on your head expecting to get your whole body! You've got plenty of water, so use it.)

If there is something buried under there, you will probably feel it. If some emotion rises to the surface, don't dwell on it. Don't analyze it. Just feel the water flowing through it, then move on to the next spot. Some areas might sting. Some might feel especially cold. Some might feel really good. If an area seems blocked, where the water can't get through it, you can go over that spot two or three times to try to get it to loosen up.

Don't expect to clean everything up in one session. If you purify every day, or almost every day, the water will wash a little bit more each time. Water is very good at that slow and steady thing.

Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 07:46:47 pm »
This idea sounds cool, but I don't know that I could get it to work lol.

It's like I'd need a buddy to keep me focused, to tell me when things are actually clean, and when they're not. I guess I'm dense in that way :P

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 08:28:37 am »
I think part of the "magic" of our purifications (speaking here about the particular KO style that's part of Senut) is that literally by saying the words, you make it so. Part of how it works is trusting the heka to do it's heka thing. You just have to believe that the words, water, and natron take care of all the things that soap can't reach. ;)
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 09:14:11 am »
Devo, it's just intended to be a gentle rinse off thing. You don't need a buddy for that. The natron is already set up to do the job.

Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304388
  • stats Total Topics: 21164
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal