collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: how to dispose of offerings?  (Read 57035 times)

Offline Padjaiemweru

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: how to dispose of offerings?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 10:55:36 am »
Quote from: gracesong
Do you guys generally hear the god's voice in your head, sort of telepathically. Do you also feel the emotions?

Some people do, some don't.  Neither is right or wrong, there are just different ways of communicating with Netjer.
Padjaiemweru
The Great Ones provide (for) me
Son of Bast-Mut and Heru-wer
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Seshat-Nit-Nebthet, and Set

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 12:09:36 pm »
Quote from: gracesong
Awesome! Thanks! :D
Do you guys generally hear the god's voice in your head, sort of telepathically. Do you also feel the emotions?

I don't hear voices for the most part, but I do feel emotion in part with scenes from my life that convey the emotion or meaning of what the Names are intending to communicate with me. My Mother is also very fond of touch as well, which is felt by me as more of a presence of energy rather than an actual touch. It's the way the touch is presented though, in conjunction with visual imagery, that helps me understand what they're trying to communicate.

Others have different experiences though.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:34 pm »
Em Hotep

I tend to hear voices in my head, sometimes out loud if they're really trying to get my attention.  I smell certain scents (like a particular incense I burn in shrine), perfumes.  I'll see images or certain animals will make their presence known.  Also like Maret mentioned, touch.  Ever had a canine climb on your bed while you're sleeping, walk all over you and you could feel it's weight on the bed and your body? Yeah, Yinepu is a real character.

Senebty
"Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned. For knowledge has no limits, and none has yet achieved perfection in it." - The Maxims of Pthahotep

Son of Hethert-Mut/Heru-Wer Beloved of Yinepu, Set and Djehuty

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 04:02:16 am »
Is the water used in the libations during the Senut, (to the Akhu, Wepwaret, Sebau and Ma'at), the same as a liquid offering, or does it differ - maybe because some of it is for the Akhu? I'm only asking because I have tried to give it to my cat and my ferret, and neither of them will touch it. (The ferret needs to drink quite frequently, and was VERY thirsty by the time I realised what was going on).
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 06:46:07 am »
Hotep Jet and good morning.

The libation water is separate and distinct from any liquid offering :) I usually pour out just a tiny bit each time and then leave it to evaporate. And make my offerings separately at the appropriate time during senut.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 07:02:56 am »
OK, thankyou, Setjemes, that helps :). I'm so new to all this, that, even though it feels right to be here and that I'm "coming home", I seem to be making an awful lot of very silly mistakes! (My poor animals - they probably thought I was trying to poison them! But then, maybe it does go to show that the strength of my ritual intent was sufficient that the water was altered in some indefinable way?). Thankyou :).

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 07:05:04 am »
Sorry - maybe "sincerity" would be a better word than "intent". I didn't preview my post, and am very tired - husband is on nights, which is quite disruptive to sleep!

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 08:16:49 pm »

I use the libation water to water my plants. They don't seem to mind. :grin:

Shefyt

Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 01:34:21 am »
I actually have a large white bowl in the shrine room specifically for mah felines, and I empty the libation bowls from my shrines (after enough time has elapsed) into the feline bowl and the cats go WILD over it.... it's the only feline water bowl that is ever habitually emptied of water.  ;)  

Felines appreciate the blessings as much as anyone else, I suppose.
Senebty,

Qaitsenu

I will be remembered by those whose lives I've most affected, and least realized it.

W'abet Djehuty her Bast | Herisesheta Bast
Sau Apprentice | Fedw Diviner | The Original Kitbis

http://deskofthescribe.blogspot.com

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2010, 03:50:00 am »
In that case, Qaitsenu, my cat is just plain wierd :). (That would make sense if you ever met him!).

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 08:39:57 am »
Yesterday I planned to make fairy cakes, to offer to Ma'at and Bast, and had some new tea light candles to use, and play some music - and thank them for the help they have given me recently.

On my way to buy the ingredients I felt very excited, and as I sense things physically, my head got very warm as if to say " Hurry up cant wait :D "
So, I made these fairy cakes, saying - feel free to add your own flavour to them.. only, I didnt make them very well, they were too eggy :(  so, i presented them anyway and just ate the tops which were nice and crunchy, and made a nice chocolatey drink to make up for the failed fairy cakes lol

They were keen on the idea of cooking together though :) even if it went abit wrong.

As for hearing / sensing netjer - I feel things physically, If i am reading or hearing something useful to my growth, my third eye will tingle
If my goddesses are about - I will Know they are in the room with me - for example maybe healing, or partaking in a spell im doing.
Otherwise, It is usually warm sensations just by my scalp, and it spreads and gets warmer according to how much they are interacting with me.
If they want my attention quickly - they give me a little headache!  ( like - buy that figure for me! )

I have heard Bast -I asked her to visit me, and she waited until I was asleep, and started purring and there was a hot patch on my bed :)
The first time i made an offering ,she let me know she was pleased by shaking bells ( or sistrum) as a sign

Ma'at -I dont beleive i have heard her, but she leaves me feathers of various colours, and likes to mess with the wind if i'm not getting something shes trying to tell me ( like blowing my door shut with a huge gust of wind outta no where )

I feel happy / excited when they like what im doing,I think if theyr not so keen - i dont recieve any feelings, so i move on to some thing else.

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 11:54:34 am »
Blissi, I love the little story of your offerings. ^_^  I've also found that it makes Bast especially happy when I cook things for Her. In fact, just the other day I was a little short of suitable offerings, so I offered Her some leftover Chinese food, and She let me know that She would have preferred it if I'd heated it up--not because the cold food was gross or anything, but because by doing that little bit of extra preparation work, it would put that extra bit of myself into it.

(Of course, She appreciates store-bought/readymade food too. ^_^ The cooking/preparation is a bonus.)

Senebty,

Shefyt

Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 02:21:08 pm »
Hehe, I have only started doing offerings this year, so each time is different and new.

Bast really seemed to love cherrys? but this may be because they are my favourite fruit and they were so Tastteey.

The cooking really seemed to make them both happy, i cant beleive something as simple to cook as fairy cakes I failed at.
I think I need to take it as a hint to do more cooking >.<

Is there any taboo food for the netjer?
I read that fish was some were, but not all on line sources at that reputable.

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 03:33:27 am »
I loved the fairy cakes idea, Blissi :).

I tend to feel Ma'at as a very subtle (winged?!) female presence standing behind me when I'm doing Senut. I suffer from panic attacks, but since starting Senut, I have felt a lot calmer and more grounded. (Other people have actually noticed this, too, as I seem to get flustered a lot less!).

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 04:09:41 am »
Quote from: Blissi

Is there any taboo food for the netjer?
I read that fish was some were, but not all on line sources at that reputable.

That depends on the Netjer and your relationship with them.  I don't think there is a blanket taboo on any food.
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal