collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Is Homosexuality Against Ma'at?  (Read 25816 times)

Re: Is Homosexuality Against Ma'at?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 03:09:08 pm »
Oh, me too totally. Healthy skepticism is good, inability to believe is another animal. I guess to follow THIS line of thought, disbelieving anothers UPG, *if* it conflicts with yours, is another slippery slope...

But personally, I like to handle that with the phrase:

"All things are true, and none of them are."

Heehee...
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 03:15:11 pm »
I have had many cases where other's UPG does not match up with mine... I have yet to figure out how to deal with those. Is it a case of there are no right answers and no wrong answers? Or at the end of the road, there is always a black and white answer- and someone has to be wrong? I don't know. I try not to get caught up in the details, and thereby driving myself mad.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 03:24:26 pm »
I don't think that homosexuality itself is any more evil or against ma'at than heterosexuality is.  It is all in what you do with it.  Rape, sexual abuse, and child molestation of someone of the opposite or same sex is what is really against ma'at.
Kehawi
Sa Amun-Ra her Set
Mery Serqet her Heru-wer

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 03:34:13 pm »
All in all, it comes down to the hieroglyphics... does it say 'have't slept with men, or young men; meaning boys?  All in all, I find it hard to believe homosexuality would have been seen as an unseen act by the ancient Egyptians and thus the Netjer; after all, it was Amun who at his own seed to create Shu and Tefnut.
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 05:09:45 pm »
Well I do know that the oldest tomb of two gay lovers in the world is from ancient Kemet.

Offline Maen

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »
... but to be fair: It's not proven that Ni-ankh-Khnum and Khnum-hotep actually were lovers and life partners. The evidence is all circumstantial, even though I personally like to believe that they were indeed a gay couple.
And they were the pharao's hairdressers, too! That's a pretty high position, since not just anyone was allowed to touch the person of the Nisut.

I think that the Ancient Egyptian society was not all that tolerant when it came to people breaking away from traditional role models. Even though they were pretty open for an ancient people.

That said, I am convinced that whatever human society thought or thinks about it, homosexuality is very much within Ma'at. As it has been said: it's a private matter, harms noone and is a natural phenomenon in our world.

senebty

Ma'en
Ma'a-en-Hethert ("rightly belonging to HetHert")
Daughter of HetHert-Sekhmet, beloved of Nut, Djehuty and Nit-NebtHet-Seshat

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 03:58:10 pm »
From what I understand, there is another tomb that was made for two women. (I read this in "Red Land, Black Land" by.. I forget her name, sadly). Though, in this case as well, it's circumstantual, not necessarily hard core fact.

I myself think they were more open than we give them credit for, but that's me.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »
From what I can see. If at anytime the ancient Kemetics called same sex relationships into question, it wasn't about the relationship. It was questioned rather a male taking the bottom role was ethical or not. I don't think it was illegal though, like people who argue against homosexuality often wish it to be illegal.

Offline Senytmenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 04:13:30 pm »
Em hotep,

I would say it would be against Ma'at to try to be someone you aren't.  I don't think Netjer cares who we find love and happiness with, as long as we find it.

And I agree with Hemet's translation of the so-called prohibition against homosexuality in the 42 Negative Confessions in that it speaks against child rape or molestation. Pedophilia was a BIG no-no in ancient Egyptian culture which was very family-oriented.

Senebty,
Senut
Senytmenu (The Two Endure)
Sat Sekhmet & Wepwawet
Meryt Bast, Set & Aset
Heri-seshta Sekhmet

Offline The Tai'awepwawet System

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 04:27:22 pm »
It's also, IMO, something there's more likely to *be* a Confession about. Little Boy Diddling as opposed to Omg Being Gay Oh Teh Noes.

Since in times past even more than now, buggering boys when women (willing or otherwise) were lacking was certainly a problem. No doubt plenty of people found they even preferred it.

So yes, this would be a significant thing to say "I have not done".
Tjema'awy | Sekhemib
Meset Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhety, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, her Sekhmet-Hethert
𓃧-𓆫𓃠𓅊𓋀𓋌𓁴
Our Blog + Links to Carrd and Incense Spreadsheet

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 11:38:50 pm »
Ancient gay hairdressers? I had no idea... Hmmm. I guess some things never change. :)

"So the bodhisattva saves all beings, not by preaching sermons to them, but by showing them that they are delivered, they are liberated, by the act of not being able to stop changing." - Alan Watts

Offline Phoenix_Falls

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 04:23:13 pm »
I like to think that  Niankhkhnum and Khnumhotep were gay, too, but that doesn't make it so. Even if all signs point to "most probably." I personally don't believe that homosexuality is against Ma'at, but I may be partial due to my upbringing and being a homo my own self. Presently, I've never received any kind of terrible condemning Message of Divine Wrath® from Anyone except humans. I like to think that if Netjer had a problem with the way I was Made, Netjer wouldn't have Fashioned me as such, right?
[color:red]"Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapooi" [/color]
My tumblr
[color:blue]Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert[/color]
Facebook

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 04:40:32 pm »
Quote from: Senytmenu
Em hotep,

I would say it would be against Ma'at to try to be someone you aren't.  I don't think Netjer cares who we find love and happiness with, as long as we find it.

Totally, wholly and otherwise 100% agree with you there.  :)
Fate is the web we weave from the choices we make.

"'The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing.' That's us, dude!"  
              -Ted "Theodore" Logan, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 07:27:28 pm »
Quote from: Bennu
Quote from: Senytmenu
Em hotep,

Totally, wholly and otherwise 100% agree with you there.  :)

Seconded. :)
"So the bodhisattva saves all beings, not by preaching sermons to them, but by showing them that they are delivered, they are liberated, by the act of not being able to stop changing." - Alan Watts

Offline Kadu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »
Em hotep! I was with the same doubt that you Phoenix and this forum was good for me!  I think that the homossexuality is a natural part of you as the heterossexuality is a natural part of the hetero people. All these people is Netjer's children, all these people is Netjer's part as all in the Nature, as all in the Universe, so you are against Ma'at when you are against your own nature living unhappy with a lie's mask. Be yourself, respect yourself and respect all the people in theirs own nature, doesn't matter their ethny, their skin color, their nationality, their culture, their religions, their social status, their gender or their sexual orientation and so you will live in truth and in balance with yourself and with all the people, that's Ma'at principle and that's my opinion, sorry if I offended anyone here! Senebty :)
Son of [color:grey]Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color] &  [color:red]Hethert-Sekhmet[/color], Beloved of [color:blue]Djehuty[/color] & [color:navy]Nut[/color]

Facebook

Twitter

MSN: meeting.me@hotmail.com

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal