collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 76
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: High-maintenance Names?  (Read 22304 times)

Re: High-maintenance Names?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:53 pm »
I've noticed that it does kind of depend on the relationship with Them.

Wepwawet is quite more casual, Renenet even more so. Not that They don't like attention (and They both get PA-LENTY), but more like They communicate with me in different ways, and I have a totally different thing going on with Them. Aset seems to like the pampering, and a little bit more formality.

Oh and She like expensive things.   :  o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Ta_Imu_Aset »
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 08:51:22 pm »
Quote from: Denderah
Heru [snip] I want to develop a relationship with, but he seems very uninterested in me.  

Don't feel bad Denderah, I've had multiple gods be uniterested in me. I tried really hard to be an Apollon fan girl and He just kinda looked at me and said...meh...

Demeter also surprisingly (to me) didn't really have much to say to me, and Brighid was TOTALLY not a Goddess I really gave much thought too-like ever- but She eventually zeroed right in on me like a laser.

It's funny how we humans think we have so much control...lol...

Or maybe the timing is not right or you are not ready. The reasons can be mulitple.
Timu

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 11:04:53 pm »
Your description of being an "Apollon fan girl" had me laughing out loud.  And him looking you over, meh.  I have envisioned many times Heru saying the same to me.

I can't help but wonder why some deities are interested in us and others are not.  I learned on this site that Aset does not display the same warmth and love I get from her to others.  I thought she would radiate love to everyone.  What makes a God or Goddess have a relationship with one person but not another?  

It's very interesting, I think.
Deep into the darkness, peering
     long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal
     ever dared to dream before.

- Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 12:18:08 am »
Your description of being an "Apollon fan girl" had me laughing out loud.  And him looking you over, meh.  I have envisioned many times Heru saying the same to me.

I can't help but wonder why some deities are interested in us and others are not.  I learned on this site that Aset does not display the same warmth and love I get from her to others.  I thought she would radiate love to everyone.  What makes a God or Goddess have a relationship with one person but not another?  

Gods are like people.  Just as humans don't get along with everyone, deities don't either.  Everyone has their own personalities and some just don't mesh.  YMMV.

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 08:04:59 am »
What makes a God or Goddess have a relationship with one person but not another?  

I think there are sooo many different reasons. You aren't going to learn what you need from Them, They just don't think you are ready for Them, or as was said, some sort of personality difference that would impede a relationship. My experieneces with the gods have taught me that there is what you think you know, and what Is. Can be 2 totally different things.
Timu

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 08:09:07 am »
They certainly know how to put us in our place, as I'm quickly finding out!!  :o
You don't know what you can do until you try.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2010, 09:39:48 am »

It's always been this way for me too.  Except for with Heru (I hope I have his name right.  I learned their Greek names first and it's hard to break that association), who I want to develop a relationship with, but he seems very uninterested in me.  

Me too. There is a standard around here that (when it comes to RPD) when you get Set, you get Heru (at least if Set is a parent). That being said, I wondered if I should be looking at Heru, since Setekh is so strong in my life. Needless to say, Heru doesn't seem to care for me :-\\ I even have an icon of him.. had it for years, and he still is just like... eff off. lol. I think it happens some times- some gods want us, others don't. And their reasons are their own.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:42 am »
Quote from: Devo

It's always been this way for me too.  Except for with Heru (I hope I have his name right.  I learned their Greek names first and it's hard to break that association), who I want to develop a relationship with, but he seems very uninterested in me.  

Me too. There is a standard around here that (when it comes to RPD) when you get Set, you get Heru (at least if Set is a parent). That being said, I wondered if I should be looking at Heru, since Setekh is so strong in my life. Needless to say, Heru doesn't seem to care for me :-\\ I even have an icon of him.. had it for years, and he still is just like... eff off. lol. I think it happens some times- some gods want us, others don't. And their reasons are their own.

-Devo

That's Heru-wer for you though. He can be very stand-off-ish when He needs to be, and He's not overly fond of the "thithers" and "thou's" when it comes to speaking to Him.

A suggestion perhaps to try and see if it helps?

Try offering Rum first and tell him a "War Story". Sometimes hardened soldiers have a hard time making "new" friends. Nevermind the pomp and circumstance. Just leave some rum out for him, tell him a war story and then go do your own thing. If He wants to have a conversation with you, He will.

Edited to add: I have a few other things I could say about why He's like this, if you're interested.

~Maret
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:49:00 am by Maretemheqat »
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Taqaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 09:46:03 am »
That being said, I wondered if I should be looking at Heru, since Setekh is so strong in my life. Needless to say, Heru doesn't seem to care for me :-\\ I even have an icon of him.. had it for years, and he still is just like... eff off. lol.

When I first reached out to get to know Heru-Wer, this was shortly after I was divined, I got a clear, distinct, and VERY impatient "what do YOU want?" coming from His statue.  I got all nervous and replied hesitantly, "I, uhm, just kinda.. you know.. wanted to, maybe... hang out?"

Silence.  Then He replied, "All right."

And thus was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. :)
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
 - Groucho Marx

Sat Set her Hethert-Sekhmet, meryt Heru-Wer, Djehuty her Amun.
Fedw Diviner

Sit Down, Parakeet | Twitter

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2010, 01:10:32 pm »
Quote from: Maretemheqat

Try offering Rum first and tell him a "War Story". Sometimes hardened soldiers have a hard time making "new" friends. Nevermind the pomp and circumstance. Just leave some rum out for him, tell him a war story and then go do your own thing. If He wants to have a conversation with you, He will.

XD he'd hate me then! lol. He'd have to get used to the no alcohol rule that Setekh lives by. I just don't drink the stuff. I could offer it to him, but I wouldn't be drinking it.. it'd go outside on the ground. I guess if that's not a problem, then I could give it a shot (still wondering what to do about "war story"...).

I can agree that I sorta get the "what do YOU want" thing that was also mentioned. For me, when I tried to interact with him at Wep Ronpet, it was just this blank stare... that's really it. I just figured he didn't give two... craps about me. However, I'm always open to other ideas and ways to get to know him better, even if it's a more indirect route.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 01:16:28 pm »
Iiii just kind of... give him money (for the whole "Give my money so that I can make more of it" thing), and rum. and leave it at that. And figure he'll pipe up when he wants. He's not very talkative with me, but I get the feeling he appreciates the drink, in that "........ *waits till she goes away* *sniffs* *drinks*" way.
Meset Wepwawet
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, her Hethert-Amenti
Child of (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Fedw and Tarot Diviner • Sau Apprentice
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓁥𓇼

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 01:39:05 pm »
Quote from: Maretemheqat

XD he'd hate me then! lol. He'd have to get used to the no alcohol rule that Setekh lives by. I just don't drink the stuff. I could offer it to him, but I wouldn't be drinking it.. it'd go outside on the ground. I guess if that's not a problem, then I could give it a shot (still wondering what to do about "war story"...).

I can agree that I sorta get the "what do YOU want" thing that was also mentioned. For me, when I tried to interact with him at Wep Ronpet, it was just this blank stare... that's really it. I just figured he didn't give two... craps about me. However, I'm always open to other ideas and ways to get to know him better, even if it's a more indirect route.

-Devo

Heru-wer's not a completely intolerant bastard. If you can't drink alcohol, He'll understand. He may not like it, but if there are reasons for doing it, He understands. Pouring it on the ground afterwards would be for you and Him to discuss. If He knows you won't drink it, He'll expect you to find something that you CAN drink to share with Him.

Alot of people have said that Heru-wer's alot like thorns and brambles, but with a squishy center. If you can make it past the thorns and brambles, you'll get to see the more relaxed side of him. Alot of soldiers do this, actually. Myself included. Thorns and brambles and keeping people at a distance until something opens up or gives way. If you stick around and are actually trying to get past the wall, then you'll have made a friend for life...not an easy friend, but a friend for life, and someone who is loyal.

Perhaps keeping this in mind might help in your future dealings with Him.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2919
  • stats Total Posts: 285261
  • stats Total Topics: 19326
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110