Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 59
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Scary Netjeru  (Read 86279 times)

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Scary Netjeru
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 09:11:51 am »
Ammit is not really considered a Name of Netjer as She was not so much worshipped.  I think Ammit is rather a Netjeri or a elemental spirit that inhabits the Duat, for her function is totally contained there and no other place within the Kemetic iconography.

Senebty!
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 09:17:24 am »
Quote from: Tanebet

I suppose you are talking about Heru-Sa-Aset?
He surely is NOT squeaky clean. In the Contendings there are a few stories which speak otherwise.
There is the episode where He suggests a boat race with boats made of stone and he used a boat which is made of wood and only looks like stone. Or when He chopped off Aset's head because She helped Set

I honestly don't make a whole lot of differentiation btwn the two- Heru-sa-Aset and Heru-Wer. I haven't had the ability to work with either very well to know them very deeply, and when I try, it just.doesn't.work. Ever.

I know he's not squeaky clean- by any means, yet it seems as though he is treated as such. Like I said, he's the golden child- that can screw up, and be a jerk, and yet still gets the girl at the end. He's what I can't stand in people- those that appear to be nice, and yet... aren't most days.

Course, my own pre-conceived notions could be what keeps me from having a relationship with him, but I've had him in my altar since I knew much of anything about AE or it's mythologies other than "I like it" lol, and he has never really made the move to talk to me. So I don't know.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 09:21:25 am »
Quote from: Ara

Aset of course, knows all this and I'm pretty sure it's why I've been told to learn about Her Amenti aspect, She's made it clear that I *am* to get to know Her husband....

I'm lucky- my s.o. works with Asar, and He (Asar) is the one who sorta brought me to Kemetic whatnot in general. Honestly, though, whenever I am working Asar, or with my s.o. in regards to Asar, I get the need to make him/them laugh- they both strike me as being too uptight, and needing to let go a bit lol.

Sorry, that was a bit off topic...

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 09:44:45 am »
Quote from: Devo
I know he's not squeaky clean- by any means, yet it seems as though he is treated as such. Like I said, he's the golden child- that can screw up, and be a jerk, and yet still gets the girl at the end. He's what I can't stand in people- those that appear to be nice, and yet... aren't most days.

That's been one of my problems with Heru-Wer. People seem to really think he's awesome, and he *really* gets a lot of attention in the House, but frankly I find him to be a bit of a [censored] >.>
Meset Wepwawet
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, her Hethert-Amenti
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓁥𓇼

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 09:48:34 am »
Haaa Taia....
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 10:03:46 am »
Quote from: Taiawepwawet

That's been one of my problems with Heru-Wer. People seem to really think he's awesome, and he *really* gets a lot of attention in the House, but frankly I find him to be a bit of a [censored] >.>

XD At least I'm not the only one! lol

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 10:11:47 am »
Hmm...well I suppose that could answer some things. I'd probably have to ask Dad what He thinks as well. It's hard to find much information on Her, which to me is rather sad. I must say, though, She is still pretty intimidating.

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 11:28:48 am »

To me, these things aren't mutually exclusive - most of the greatest guys I know are dicks to some extent.

Offline Kefetmisenu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 12:08:28 pm »

Part of me wants to bust out laughing at this, yet at the same time I feel the need to put a little input.

Yes, Heru-wer can be scary, and sometimes considered downright mean, but I've always seen His actions as doing what He thinks is best. If He does something what one might consider mean or a [censored] move towards me, I know it's because He wants me to try harder, and knows I can do better. He has a lot of love in His intentions, so in a sense He's a lot like His twin Set. I will admit He's very intimidating, but at the same time He's never gone out of His way to scare the crap out of me. In fact I've felt He's actually tried not to terrify me just because of my predesposition towards male figures in my life.

I must also be getting a different side of Heru-sa-Aset. I get Him as hyper and a lot like a 20-something in His behavior. Then again it might be His way of seperating Himself from my Father :P

This is all UPG, by the way. My brothers and sisters through Him may have differing views
[color:purple]Kefetmisenu
Sat Heru-wer her Hethert-Sekhmet[/color]
[color:violet]The nutball Kemetic/Pagan/Witch artist of KO
Icon is my own artwork[/color]

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 12:31:21 pm »
Quote from: Kefetmisenu

Yes, Heru-wer can be scary, and sometimes considered downright mean, but I've always seen His actions as doing what He thinks is best. If He does something what one might consider mean or a [censored] move towards me, I know it's because He wants me to try harder, and knows I can do better. He has a lot of love in His intentions, so in a sense He's a lot like His twin Set. I will admit He's very intimidating, but at the same time He's never gone out of His way to scare the crap out of me. In fact I've felt He's actually tried not to terrify me just because of my predesposition towards male figures in my life.

I don't view him as scary, he just seems to feel very meh towards me, and he kinda gets under my skin... for whatever reason. As I've said, I'd tried (minimally) to work with him, to no avail. I'm not sure what it means, but we just don't seem to jive.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 04:34:46 pm »
Set has intimidated me for a long time now, but just in recent weeks i think i may be beginning to understand Him and appreciate His influence more.  :)  i am even thinking about getting a statue for Him now; before i was always afraid it would bring too much chaos into my life!  LOL

Serqet is another Name i'm not too comfortable with, however, and i'd like to understand exactly why because i have often felt that She might be wanting to tell or teach me something.  i suspect it has a lot to do with me not liking arachnids much!  LOL
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline ASH

• Remetj
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 11:01:43 pm »
Do  not be intimidated by Set.  Understand and appreciate His direct approach and strength.  If you speak to Set dont be a beat 'around the bush' kinda person. Be "politely direct" (if that makes any sense)  He truly is great!
"He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet."

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 12:20:13 pm »
I'm with ASH with regards to Set. I'll just add: if you have a request to ask of Him, make sure you are very clear about what you want, and most importantly, about why you want it. In my own UPG, because He is essentially unpredictable and self-serving, He's the kind of Name who will throw in something unexpected in the bargain. With Set, there's always an ulterior motive. So read the fine print, so to speak, and be ready to get what you wish for - and then some.  :/

This is my own UPG, of course.  :grin:
Fate is the web we weave from the choices we make.

"'The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing.' That's us, dude!"  
              -Ted "Theodore" Logan, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 12:50:46 pm »
for some reason Bennu, your post makes me think of Faust...read the fine print...lol...
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 09:12:04 pm »
Aset.  I'm starting to get over it, though.
Son of Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer, and Aset-Serqet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2846
  • stats Total Posts: 281563
  • stats Total Topics: 18963
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 106
  • stats Most Online: 217