collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 72
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Scary Netjeru  (Read 91804 times)

Offline Wenemaset

• Shemsu
Re: Scary Netjeru
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33:28 pm »
Em hotep Y'all!

Great discussion. It brings a number of things to mind for
me. I am an Aset-kid and, yes, Mother can be scary, but She
has taught me that instilling fear is just another useful
form of heka.

Aset is similar to Set in that She doesn't show any tolerance
for "whiners." She is like the strict and formal aunt that
tells you to sit up straight and take your medicine. She shows
Her love by insisting that we learn how to make our own way.

That being said, Aset screamed at me for years to change my
ways. Somehow I continued to justify my addiction to nicotine.
Finally, one night in shrine I sensed a different Presence.
It was the King of the Gods, Neb Amun. He bluntly gave me the
choice right then to live or die. Now that scared the you know what
out of me.

(I have been quit since then.  :cool:)

Senebty,

Wenemaset

Semer-Wati
Semecew ni Nisut(AUS)
Sa Aset Mery Wepwawet her Het-hert
   her Heru-Wer

"You are only young once, but you can be immature forever."
-- John P. Grier

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »
Quote from: Taqaisenu
My Mother: Hethert.

Her mere presence will strip a person raw; since She comes from inside, there's no shielding, no blocking, no defense. We are all vulnerable.

She will rip your still-beating heart clean out of your chest and lay it on the dresser top in front of you.  She will watch with kind eyes as you wail and sob, as the greatest heartache you have ever experienced gets forcibly pushed through from the inside out.  You've no defense, no recourse, there are no thoughts, no rationalizing.  Your only option is to feel.  And feel, you do.  Every single ounce of it.

And then... just as suddenly as it began... it ends.  Your heart, lighter, purer, is put back into place; the gaping hole in your chest filled with Her intense Love.  The pain is all but forgotten, save for the massive pile of used tissues on the floor, your clogged sinuses, puffy eyes, tear-stained cheeks, and budding headache.

There is no hiding from Hethert.  When She decides you need to feel, you WILL be feeling.  Pure, intense, overwhelming emotion.

And that is scary.

QFT - but I have to insert "Bast" in for Hethert there... as She works in quite the same way.

Well..  minus the "then it's all over... all but forgotten" ... I find with Mum, She WANTS you to remember so you don't do it again.  ;)
Senebty,

Qaitsenu

I will be remembered by those whose lives I've most affected, and least realized it.

W'abet Djehuty her Bast | Herisesheta Bast
Sau Apprentice | Fedw Diviner | The Original Kitbis

http://deskofthescribe.blogspot.com

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »
maybe its because i am just a newb but i dont feel scared of any of them.but then i guess i havent had the experiences you have all had

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:24 pm »
Hotep :)

When we talk about "scary" we don't necessarily mean fear as of spooky creatures---we relate intimately to our gods, since we believe fervently that they care for us, but we also have a very healthy respect for THem as far more than mere buddies. They are after all divine beings. Who even if They stand at our shoulder like warm companions, can still deal us a humbling blow if we need.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2010, 05:14:24 am »
Hi, Denderah :).

It did take me a few tries to send off my application, but I think it eventually worked. I'm no good with technology, but I did discover that I was trying to send it to somewhere that didn't exist...I'mstill not entirely sure it worked, but the machine records it as a message sent, so, hopefully it did.

Is there a Name connected with computers? If so, I would probably find them quite scary! I think most of the Names can be quite strict when necessary.

Good luckwith your application, Denderah.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2010, 05:29:28 am »
I might not of had the divination done to determine who my parents and beloved are (I hope I got that right) but I'm a firm believer that Sekhmet has chosen me. I don't know about my spiritual father (I'm hoping that he comes to me soon) but one of the things that got me was that Sekhmet had this commanding presence and she didn't pull any punches about me serving her.

I consider Sekhmet to be the Netjeru that would always have my back and not allow others to push me around or give me the strength to assert myself and not be pushed around. I know that she was there and kept me from going off the deep end when I was being bullied. Also back when I was a witch in Wicca Silver Ravenwolf had a book that had all these different gods and goddess.

When I saw Sekhmet I was amazed at how much power and responsibility that she had. I read up more on her and that's when I discovered that she was the Eye of Ra, making sure that the order of things happened. When I read that she almost destroyed human creation due to her blood lust it reminded me of all the times that I would lose control and do things (not illegal things mind you) and something inside me would always tell me to calm down.

I know it was her and I would calm down. Sekhmet can be scary at times but she can also provide you with great strength. I don't think that Netjeru are suppose to scare us but I believe their supposed to give us strength and tell us that we're not alone.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:30:57 am by 3467 »
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2010, 05:33:58 am »
I'm going to send my application by mail. The whole e-mail thing didn't work and I don't know how to do outlook yet. I just hope it doesn't affect my lessons.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:03 pm »
Quote from: 3467
I'm going to send my application by mail. The whole e-mail thing didn't work and I don't know how to do outlook yet. I just hope it doesn't affect my lessons.

I have to do it this way too.  Rev. Marie gave me a way to get around the whole outlook thing, but it didn't work for me.  I just don't have the computer skills, so snail-mail it is.
Deep into the darkness, peering
     long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal
     ever dared to dream before.

- Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 07:47:19 pm »
Quote from: Jet
Hi, Denderah :).

It did take me a few tries to send off my application, but I think it eventually worked. I'm no good with technology, but I did discover that I was trying to send it to somewhere that didn't exist...I'mstill not entirely sure it worked, but the machine records it as a message sent, so, hopefully it did.

Is there a Name connected with computers? If so, I would probably find them quite scary! I think most of the Names can be quite strict when necessary.

Good luckwith your application, Denderah.

Thank you, Jet.  I wish you good luck too.  Unfortunately, my computer refuses to cooperate and I'll be sending in the application by snail-mail     .
Deep into the darkness, peering
     long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal
     ever dared to dream before.

- Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2010, 08:44:30 pm »
Aset scares me, because I'm not rich enough to buy anything good enough for Her. (Not paying my rent, turning to crime, etc. would NOT be in accordance with Ma'at.)

Set doesn't so much scare me as make me glad He's on our side.
Washtiemyinepu

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet meryt Sekhmet-HetHert her Aset-Serqet

I've learned love is like a brick, you can build a house or sink a dead body.

>^.y.^<

Dua Netjer!

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2010, 12:09:08 am »
Quote from: Washtiemyinepu
Aset scares me, because I'm not rich enough to buy anything good enough for Her. (Not paying my rent, turning to crime, etc. would NOT be in accordance with Ma'at.)

Set doesn't so much scare me as make me glad He's on our side.

In my opinion, the quality of offering matters more than the expense.  Just because something is inexpensive does not make it poor quality and vice versa.  Thrift stores, second hand stores, and online stores are excellent places to get good deals on things.  

In my opinion, Aset will accept any sincere offering.  Yes, she likes nice things, but nice things don't always have to be expensive.  
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra her Mut

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2010, 08:25:37 am »
I second that, She certainly doesn't require your rent money to buy Her something, quality is what counts. Also making something for Her would be appropriate, She would appreciate the effort and energy you put into it.

A drawing you put alot of time and effort into would go over as well as a nice, good quality chocolate bar...heh heh....
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2010, 05:34:01 am »
I actually almost physically "shy away" from Aset. She just seems really disapproving...

I thought I would be scared of Sobek, (crocodiles, Aaarrggh), but he's turned up during Senut a couple of times, and he seems surprisingly nice :). (Silly me...).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:36:49 am by Jet »
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2010, 06:15:21 pm »
Quote from: Senneferet
For me it's not so much fear but intimidation. I am intimidated by Sekhmet. I feel like She doesn't want me hanging round much, like She's one of the cool older kids in school and I'm a geeky little first year. She's got much more important things to do than worry about me.

Strangely, Set is one of the ones I get on with the best. He is always loving, if a little cheeky, when He appears to me in my dreams. There is no fear, just overwhelming awe.

I feel much the same way. I'm quite fond of Set and what He represents, and I think there is precedent for those that see a need to fear him. He is a strong God, and one of the Names that has shown no qualms in resorting to violence when He feels it necessary. Yet He is not violence without purpose, but violence driven to a specific purpose that allows life to continue on and grow stronger. For this reason, I've never really felt any fear of Him, though I possess tremendous respect for Him. Granted, if I were to have a solid interaction with Him I might very well be given reason to change my mind about this:)

Sekhment is the one I fear more than Set. Not fear really, but apprehension. I admire Her and feel some connection with Her, or some desire for a connection with Her, but She seems the sort that is not easily calmed when driven to anger or violence. Not to say that She is more or less powerful than Set (such comparisons are irrelevent anyways), but despite the chaos of His nature, I "understand " his violent side (or would like to think I do at any rate). Sekhmet's violent side has too much of an element of the unknown to me at this point. Makes me just as leery of Her as I am fond of Her.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:17:11 pm by Osaii »

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2010, 01:24:37 pm »
Anpu, Aset, and Djehuty.

I am the awkward and socially clueless autistic child.  Interaction with most of them feels horrid, like I'm this idiotic little filthy peasant with no manners or understanding of what is going on, in front of a formal, well-mannered, and highly intelligent queen/king.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:27:47 pm by Vega »

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3061
  • stats Total Posts: 291614
  • stats Total Topics: 19821
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653