Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scary Netjeru  (Read 91759 times)

Offline Tuaira

• Shemsu
Re: Scary Netjeru
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2013, 07:28:11 pm »
I'm surprised to see people feeling intimidated by Ra. To me he's fatherly...First experience with him; was the day after halloween my mum had gone out to the nearby town and I felt lonely, and had broken my earphones so there was no chilling out. But then I decided to play music out loud, the song was "Heaven is a place on Earth" a nightcore remix of it. The sun was shyly hanging around the street and I started singing "Ra makes Aaru a place on earth" xD The sun got extremely bright as I sang and I felt a wave of joy come through me, then my older bro who hadn't been in contact for ages rang and asked me if I wanted to go to an Epic restaurant with him and his girlfriend. I knew that was a blessing from Ra and have had UPGs with him similar to that since.
-Long Story over lol-

As for scary Netjeru, never come across one. Have a big admiration for Set, seeing as my whole life may as well be chaos itself with all that has happened since I can remember, but that's what I kinda want, I believe it to be Set's way of toughening me up to the harsh reality of the world, especially since I'm the type to go into myself and read a lot of fiction books.
There's no need to fear Netjeru, I'm sure they wouldn't want you to fear them...As i think someone here said (or along the lines of), approach the gods you have a fear of and get to know them.
(Thinking about all this has made me realize I am a little wary of Nekhbet, not sure why... Probably because i find Vultures creepy in appearance...)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:59:46 am by Digocie »
Sat Ra meryt Nut her Set

Offline terrapin46

• Remetj
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2013, 01:17:10 pm »
I think they all have their awe-ful edges, being as old as time, as enormous as power, and as wide as God.

In particular though, right off the top of my head I'm intimidated to being afraid of Djehuty.  It wasn't always that way, when I was in high school I'd blithely scribble little moon-crowned ibises on the back corners of all my tests & exams, so I'm sure it reflects more on me.  But in high school it's easy to feel like you know it all, and I have since to come to also view Him as lord of clinically sterile science devoid of soul and calculatingly manipulative speech and magic.  I'm uncomfortable putting myself in the presence of such alien turf, none of it is a playing field I make a strong standing on and I fear the possibility of those sides whenever I consider approaching him.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:17:43 pm by thefisherfool »

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2013, 06:27:12 pm »
Seeing as instability is kind of the bane of my life, I have a healthy wariness concerning inviting Set in any way. At least until I have a good hold over my life again.
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2013, 10:39:34 am »
I think this threads been open a while,and in this time I have gotten  over my fear of Aset :) Infact she answered a prayer although I can say the bump of it happening was painful ( thunder lightening fire dreams ensued ) butfingers crossed i can see the end coming :)

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2013, 05:25:08 pm »
This was one of the first posts I read and actually a lot of help.

Seeing that I'm not alone in being rattled by certain appearances, particularly Set. My first encounter I completely freaked out...

Nephtys was even more rattling ahaha..it took me a while to get over that.

art is life

my work

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2013, 09:41:00 am »
There is no God that scares me, I love them all.
its a bit hard for me to work with Sobek but just because he is a crocodile:)LOL
“Who you are is limited only by who you think you are.”
The Egyptian Book of the Dead.

my online Temple to Aset http://nshrine.com/shrine/Aset#c4674-470257
my Online Temple to Het-heru: http://nshrine.com/shrine/Hetheru_hathor#c4676-470233

Offline Raheri

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2013, 10:02:04 am »
I may love them, but they all scare me.
Son of Wesir | Heri-sesheta

"O my heart which I had from my mother,
Do not rise up agianst me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;
Do not bring up anything agianst me in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West."

« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2013, 10:13:48 am »
why? I see no reason to be afraid of them by my experience
The gods will not hurt me.. I'm child of Auset.
well maybe Apophis.. but I'm under protection of Auset and Het-heru so I will be fine I think and also I'm working with Bastet:)

my Online Temple to Het-heru: http://nshrine.com/shrine/Hetheru_hathor#c4676-470233

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2013, 10:31:00 am »
Hotep

Being scared of the gods has nothing to do with fearing They will hurt us.

They have high expectations of us--often, higher with more certainty than we tend to have for ourselves and how we sort through our lives.

That is a scary thing. It is. Scary to think that Someone sees us as stronger, smarter, more capable and worthy in every single moment, than we often do.

No god protects us from another god :) Here, we don't see it working that way. They each have things to teach us and things we need to be guided through, and sometimes one god will make it clear that another god is better at teaching a particular thing.

I kinda like that.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Tuaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2013, 11:35:22 am »
I think the Fear people speak of isn't the dark Fear we often think of, but a Healthy Respect, From my views:

The Netjeru are big and powerful, we are like little ants compared to what they know and are, and we (should) have a love for them, because of the things they do for us, the fact that they created life and are the reason we are living (whether we are living on earth or with them) and the fact that they are always there to offer guidance and love. Netjer loves every single one of us without condition, but that doesn't stop Netjer from being very angry/upset when we do something that goes against Balance and Goodness, and it also doesn't stop them from punishing us; like two weeks of bad luck or whatever they see fit. If you are obedient to the gods then you can achieve the full potential they gave you. And despite human's imperfect ways Netjer is always there for us. And all these reasons are why many have a 'healthy respect' for the Netjeru.

That's my two cents anyway.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:50:40 am by Scouting_For_Set »
Sat Ra meryt Nut her Set

« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2013, 05:16:12 pm »
I understand I just thought that there's no point to fear from the gods becouse there is no point working gods, just because we are afraid of them
But I realized that the intention here was not to fear from them but to respect and to know that they are stronger than us and it Cool I agree with that too.

Basically I see them as my family.
I repsect my family too.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »
Quote from: Scouting_For_Set
I think the Fear people speak of isn't the dark Fear we often think of, but a Healthy Respect, From my views:

The Netjeru are big and powerful, we are like little ants compared to what they know and are, and we (should) have a love for them, because of the things they do for us, the fact that they created life and are the reason we are living (whether we are living on earth or with them) and the fact that they are always there to offer guidance and love. Netjer loves every single one of us without condition, but that doesn't stop Netjer from being very angry/upset when we do something that goes against Balance and Goodness, and it also doesn't stop them from punishing us; like two weeks of bad luck or whatever they see fit. If you are obedient to the gods then you can achieve the full potential they gave you. And despite human's imperfect ways Netjer is always there for us. And all these reasons are why many have a 'healthy respect' for the Netjeru.

That's my two cents anyway.

idk if i agree, honestly. Nothing says NTR has to be full of love and light. There are plenty of times when NTRW are less then ideal and don't always do right by one another or by people. NTRW, like people, are allowed to like and dislike peeps as they see fit. Its within their limits to tell you to piss off with no real reason other than they feel like it, etc. I also think its fully within a NTRW to feel disdain for a person or to not want to work with a person. Or to even be a flat out jerk to a person.
I think a lot of modern folks like to view NTRW as being way happier than they might have been in the past. Esp when you consider a popular epithet was Lord of Dread (f'ex- its an epithet that Osiris carries, of all things). and that certain people required protection from certain gods- lest they eat your heart (see the PT).
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think its safe to always assume that NTRW are always nice all the time, or that NTRW always have your best intentions at heart, etc.

*the above is regarded as a more generalized statement for people to consider and less directed at the person quoted.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »
I agree with Devo.

While a beginner in a lot of ways, I would immediately associate love with Set.

I would also associate these two words; Shrewd and Immense.

Not entirely positive traits all the time.
art is life

my work

Offline Sageling

• Remetj
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2013, 10:03:04 pm »
"Love" can also mean a lot of different things in different contexts. I don't have much experience with Set, but I imagine his brand of love is a tad different from, say, Bast's or Het-heret's. Not that He can't be gentle or They can't be fierce, of course.
Blog|Tumblr
--
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2013, 11:20:46 am »
I agree with what Sedjemes said in that it's scary that someone (or some gods :P) see us as more than we see ourselves. I also agree with Devo in that They can like and dislike people. In a lot of myths the Netjer aren't what we would call nice.  

On the subject of Bast's love, Mum can be very loving and very protective, but She certainly isn't afraid of letting you know when you mess up!
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3061
  • stats Total Posts: 291535
  • stats Total Topics: 19811
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653
anything