collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: A question about how this faith sees other Gods?  (Read 32458 times)

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
Re: A question about how this faith sees other Gods?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 08:21:32 am »
Interesting idea, Bekamuti! I can kinda see what you mean. To me, the Hindu Goddess Durga feels so like Sekhmet, in terms of Her energies, that She is almost like a manifestation of Mum to me.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Bekamuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 08:36:44 am »
Quote from: Aashemmuti
Interesting idea, Bekamuti! I can kinda see what you mean. To me, the Hindu Goddess Durga feels so like Sekhmet, in terms of Her energies, that She is almost like a manifestation of Mum to me.

Hm okay, but that's not quite what I meant though :).
I didn't mean I see other gods as manifestations of our Names. I see the other gods AS Names of Netjer. Like, they're manifestations of Netjer as a whole.
Though, ofcourse, that doesn't mean I see them as part of the Kemetic pantheon.

I'll stop rambling and try and make sense now :p.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Bekamuti »
- Bekamuti

Sa Nebt-het & Hethert
Mery Mut & Wepwawet.

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 03:32:39 pm »
I have this thing for Ganesha? Shall we speculate if he's connected with any of the Netjer? LOL

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 08:47:49 pm »
Ganesha is very similar to Wepwawet in that He is invoked first in any Hindu Puja or ceremony.  Like Wepwawet being Opener of the Way, Ganesha is the Remover of Obstacles.

Iinterestingly, I have named my car Ganesha and have little devotional card of him on the driver's side sunvisor. Throw in M.C. Yogi into the CD player or iPod playing "Elephant Power / Ganesh is Fresh" and driving is almost a spiritual experience. ;)

Many of us do a great deal of interfaith work and are around religions and interact with Faiths other than our own. Up until recently I did a lot of interacting with members of the Hindu communities in both Iowa City and Cedar Rapids, IA. School, however has cut into that a bit. But there are plenty of Hindu and Muslim students with which I visit on a daily basis and we always talk about these kinds of things.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by NiankhSekhmet »
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

Offline Shuwyt

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:14 pm »
Quote from: NiankhSekhmet
Throw in M.C. Yogi into the CD player or iPod playing "Elephant Power / Ganesh is Fresh" and driving is almost a spiritual experience. ;)

Ah! A friend of mine just sent me that song (came up while we were discussing the Big Black Dog, no less). You can't help but feel good listening to it, can you? Always makes me think I need to start saying hi to Ganesha once in a while. =D
Shuwytyinepu (Yinepu's Shadow)
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Sokar-Wesir her Ra
Curiosity killed the - ooh! What's that?

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 08:40:04 am »
Personally, I see it kinda like this:

The divine is everywhere right, and there are many MANY forms it can take. I do NOT believe that Apollon is also Ra, or Aset is also Hera or Demeter, or Set is also Coyote(or whatever-etc) however I think that there are something like "god pools" of similar Divine energy, that the individual dieties pull from, or work from, or what have you. They vibrate in similar wavelengths though They are all different.

Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 01:53:18 pm »
Yeah KI Niankh, I can see what you mean. See with Wepwawet, I've had very little interaction with him, but lots of interaction with Ganesha. I'll confess to something. I have this Ganesha medal I am always wearing, and when I go out on the roads I sort of chant to Ganesha a bit for protection. But you know what I mean, just because Wepwawet and Ganesha are similar, what does that mean? Is there some unseen connection between the two?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Senedjem »

Offline The Tai'awepwawet System

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 02:02:34 pm »
Ask them?
Tjema'awy | Sekhemib
Meset Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhety, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, her Sekhmet-Hethert
𓃧-𓆫𓃠𓅊𓋀𓋌𓁴
Our Blog + Links to Carrd and Incense Spreadsheet

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 10:31:02 pm »
Em hotep!

I asked Wepwawet:

Here's what I got:

"Yes and No"

Think of a hospital with all it's many departments and people with certain specialties.  In one section you have pediatricians.  Not just one, but many.  Not all practice their craft the same, but the results are the same.  Then in another department you have neurosurgeons.  Not just one, but many and yet even with their distinct personalities they still manage to do the same job.  Yet because of that distinctiveness in personality, some are viewed differently by their patients.  Some want a particular doctor, even though the others in the room are just as qualified.  Some just have a different "bedside" manner than others.

Just because they all work in the same field, does not make them all the same.  They have the same job, but do it in different ways.  Hence why in the different pantheons there may be similarities between certain gods and goddesses, they are in fact separate individuals with their own unique way of doing things.

Um another way of putting it..."Not all toothpicks in the box are the same size, shape or color, but they're all still toothpicks."

Senebty
"Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned. For knowledge has no limits, and none has yet achieved perfection in it." - The Maxims of Pthahotep

Son of Hethert-Mut/Heru-Wer Beloved of Yinepu, Set and Djehuty

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 04:29:00 pm »
Kheper that actually makes a lot of sense.

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 05:46:26 pm »
Kheper...thank you :D (and thank you Wepwawet!) this is exactly how view the Names and other Gods.  
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 06:43:36 pm »
Once again, Kheper, I would like permission to print off your words to put in my personal religious journal?...

I love the words of wisdom you get from Netjer and portray here... you do a great job of getting them across in a way that just gels with me.
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

Offline Senedjem

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 04:54:00 pm »
Yes but this leads to another question. Are other religion's deities seperate entities from Netjer, or are they also names of Netjer? I've been wondering about that awhile, but I hesitate to bring it up, because some don't even like the idea being suggested. Like you know for example, the Hindu view of Brahman is highly similar to how we view Netjer. The devas are viewed as being aspects of Brahman. Are Brahman and Netjer the same then, or different? Just thought it might be interesting to discuss...

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 04:59:36 pm »
Depends on how you define "Netjer", IMO. If you few Netjer or Netjeru as "divine force" then, I would say they are the same. If you define it simply as "Gods and/or Goddesses" then I would say they are the same. It really depends on how you view it.

Considering that other countries brought their gods to Egypt, and those deities were enveloped into AE society as one of "their own" I doubt that they really would have an issue with using a wider scope on the words "Netjer" and "Netjeru".

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 05:09:56 pm »
Quote from: Senedjem
Yes but this leads to another question. Are other religion's deities seperate entities from Netjer, or are they also names of Netjer? I've been wondering about that awhile, but I hesitate to bring it up, because some don't even like the idea being suggested. Like you know for example, the Hindu view of Brahman is highly similar to how we view Netjer. The devas are viewed as being aspects of Brahman. Are Brahman and Netjer the same then, or different? Just thought it might be interesting to discuss...

I don't think so personally. Do They pull from the same pool? Prolly. Are They the SAME beings? Not if you ask me. I think all cultures dieties have Their own personal energy different from "similar" dieties in other cultures.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal