collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 4
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Tell Me About Wepwawet?  (Read 18701 times)

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
Re: Tell Me About Wepwawet?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 11:21:31 am »
Quote from: Satsenu
Wepwawet and Yinepu are essentially the flip side of a coin... being the same Name, but can be very different individuals.

Not intending to argue with you, but I wanted to say that this is really up to personal interpretation. Because personally I don't think they're the same entity at all and there's currently no actual scholarly/academic support for it. But they do eventually come to be considered kind of like complementary twins who work closely together at times (largely in the psychopompic aspect they share.) But then the question becomes, do you consider twins to be One or Two? ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Nefersedt »
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 11:26:31 am »
No problem! At first I had an incredibly hard time thinking of Them as the 'same' Name... so much so that I confused Hemet during my rpd and I had been a divined remetj unintentionally for a week! That is why I wanted to share what Wepwawet had said to me a few weeks ago. I don't honor Them as the same still, but I can see the connection. In my mind, I have a wheel of sorts with Wepwawet on top and Yinepu at the bottom (as in the seen and in the unseen worlds) with Their different forms between Them. I'll try drawing it out someday because I think it'd interest people to see what goes on in my head concerning this weirdness. *giggles*
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 11:33:15 am »
Hmmm. About Dad.

Do please ignore that this Yinepu is a chick - I 'see' Dad kinda like this, only brown furred. Humanoid, but fully jackal, and usually with digitrade legs. (oh, less bling too. And a spear. Hell yes.)

Most often I get senses of shrugs, or grunts of assent, a huffed dog-laugh. Sometimes I feel/'see' him sitting beside me, brown, course fur, one of those weird kilt skirt things. At times like that he feels quite gruff and cynical to me, jaded even. Watching the world go past with a sigh, leaning back on both arms. But ah well, time to dust off and get back to work kid, see you later.

He doesn't use many words with me. Even when I'm speaking directly to him, often he just listens. It's one of those conversations where you talk, stop and wait, talk more, wait, talk, and reach your conclusion with a "Yeah, you're right" even though they didn't say anything. He just stares. I think he knows I'll get there eventually and that if he tries to say anything he'll just set me off. And dayum he tiiiired of dat.

I do get trickster/funny/chatty Wepwawet, but I think my shen is kind of biasing me so I can't seem to think about it much :P (My shen is a Wepwawet shen, and it's one very silent grumpy jackal.)

My most intense Wepwawet experience was asking him about priesthood and Shemsu-ankh. It was long enough ago that I don't remember the exact conversation. I just remember him kneeling in front of me. I was sitting on the ground. He was down, one knee on the ground, the other tucked up, and he was still up above me. He was all shadowed, he had a spear he was leaning on, and I could see the veins raised under the skin and fur of his hands. He showed me some really important things about myself, and about the situation, and gave me advice on how to go forward. It was really powerful.

He's liked some strange things I've given him, including a beer pump clip and an empty glass coca cola bottle (he gave me the idea of using it to pour my Senut libations, which I have... not yet taken him up on o_O)

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 11:36:16 am »
Quote from: DuatSekhmet
Curious if He ever appears as fully human to any of you, and what He looks like in that form. I had a flash of Someone the other day, and wondering if it was Him.

Busy thread today! ;) I do get him as fully human. For me he has lightly tanned skin, somewhat shaggy brown hair, and big brown eyes. And a smile to die for. Nice hands too. LOL. He's a bit on the short side and isn't very muscular - or at least not in a really built up way. More of a runner than a weight lifter!

And Satsenu, heh... I've spent the past year deep in research trying to figure them out and how they relate to each other. So I can fully understand how complicated it is. As for Anubis as a child... well, not sure I ever will see that one for myself personally. Heh. ;)

Offline Demaimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 11:42:17 am »
I offered Wepwawet a pair of copper coloured dice (D6s) with a request to protect my home. He liked them so much that I easily won the next dice game I played.
sat Bast her Hethert-Mut, meryt Aset-Serqet, Heru-wer, Djehuty.

Artist and writer.
Demai on Deviant Art
Demai on Medium

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 11:52:50 am »
Feeling the need to kinda explain my 'child' comment...

It's not so much as 'child' in the aspect of how we'd think of a child, but more as in Yinepu is the younger jackal, where as Wepwawet is the elder. Yinepu, to me, is very much an adult, but He is more playful and the 'brother/cousin' with me.

I have to say, I'm loving this thread! I really like hearing others UPGs. ^_^
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 11:57:44 am »
I've always felt that Wpwt is more youthful than Anpu, personally. Wpwt is all full of energy, and wants to run around. Anpu is more... lazy? I guess would be the closet word.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 12:11:40 pm »
Yinepu, to me, is very much an adult, but He is more playful and the 'brother/cousin' with me.

Ah-ha! :3 Yes, that kind of view of him resonates with me more. Although strangely, despite being the seemingly younger one of the two (in terms of 'feel' only of course, both are incrediably ancient and predynastic), I think Anubis is considerably more sinister than Wepwawet in some ways. And yes, as Devo says, a bit more lazy or at least, hrm... sedentary. XD

BTW, I know this thread is mostly going for UPG, but if anybody ever does want to know more about the academic/scholarly side of things, please don't hesitate to PM me with questions. It actually isn't at all easy to find good information about Wepwawet in particular. What little there is on the internet has been rehashed so many times that... well... its rubbish basically.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Nefersedt »

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »
Quote from: Taiawepwawet
Hmmm. About Dad.

Do please ignore that this Yinepu is a chick - I 'see' Dad kinda like this, only brown furred. Humanoid, but fully jackal, and usually with digitrade legs. (oh, less bling too. And a spear. Hell yes.)

I don't have time to go into Dad stuff (someone remind me later), but I do have to comment on the pic because the red crown made my eyes bug a little. For those who don't know, the Name associated with the red crown is Nit (Who also manifests as my Beloved, Seshat). One of Nit's titles is indeed Wepwawet. So the crown is just all sorts of cool to me.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 01:27:24 pm »
Quote from: DuatSekhmet
Timu, I love the trickster aspect of the Netjeru! It literally made me giggle when you mentioned Wepwawet blocking the air from fans with you. He seems to maybe be a bit like Set in his attitude, being a little cheeky, a little wry maybe, and bawdy.  

Ohhhh yeah, with me, He's TOTALLY like that. The difference to me (and, this is just ME) between Set and Wpwpt, is that Set is a little more....raunchy shall we say, whereas Wpwt may be a little more, well, innocent is so the wrong word but...idk-non-sexual I guess...? That doesn't seem right either really....eh.

Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 01:29:45 pm »
Quote from: Nefersedt
Wepwawet and Yinepu are essentially the flip side of a coin... being the same Name, but can be very different individuals.

Not intending to argue with you, but I wanted to say that this is really up to personal interpretation. Because personally I don't think they're the same entity at all and there's currently no actual scholarly/academic support for it.

*Seconded*

Timu

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 01:32:57 pm »
Quote from: Devo
I've always felt that Wpwt is more youthful than Anpu, personally. Wpwt is all full of energy, and wants to run around. Anpu is more... lazy? I guess would be the closet word.

-Devo

I'm exactly the same here, seeing Wpwt as more "energetic" if you will, and Yinepu as, idk, slower moving? Calmer?
Timu

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 02:34:44 pm »
Quote from: Ta_Imu_Aset

Ohhhh yeah, with me, He's TOTALLY like that. The difference to me (and, this is just ME) between Set and Wpwpt, is that Set is a little more....raunchy shall we say, whereas Wpwt may be a little more, well, innocent is so the wrong word but...idk-non-sexual I guess...? That doesn't seem right either really....eh.

Ok, I just had to tell you - when I read that bit about Set being more bawdy, I TOTALLY got a mental smirk from Him, and a 'Who, me? Nah....' response *g* But yes, bawdy is a very good word for Set. Usually if He comes to me in public, He'll make comments to me about the size and quality of any breasts that are in His line of sight. >_<

[color:red]

DuatSekhmet She Who Worships Sekhmet
Sat Sekhmet, Meryt Set[/color]

Offline Shayi

• Shemsu
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 05:41:41 pm »
Wepwawet - UPG

To me, he has always had this incredibly 'ancient' feel to him, very strong, very wise.  Almost like a hand on your back in tough times, supporting and always there, but also pushing forward to whatever it is, making me face up to things when I need to.  And yet somehow at the same time he is comforting, almost in a 'look I've been there, done that, and kid, you're gonna be just fine' sort of way.  

It's not just that though, it's incredibly hard to describe how he can seem so over-awing, and yet one that I would turn to for comfort when something has gone awry.  I think it's the overwhelming sense of wisdom he carries, probably as 'opener of the ways' the one who goes first, and has been there and seen it all.  And the incredible feeling of strength I would suppose comes from the warrior side.  

There is more to say - but I'm very tired! (It's rather late here!).  

Can I just sum up for now with - Wepwawet is amazing.
~~Shayiwepwawet~~ (Wepwawet sends me)

sat Wepwawet-Yinepu, meryt Bast-Mut her Ptah

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 06:03:25 pm »
Em Hotep!

For me Wepwawet comes as a person standing or leaning directly behind me (like a shadow, no distinct form) or as a grey wolf, which is how I originally met him over 15 years ago on a lonely stretch of road in the wee hours of the morning.  He gives all sorts of advice, especially concerning divination or how the world/universe works.  He's quite the chatterbox.  

Sometimes when at work or with friends and we're joking around my sense of humor will turn quite bawdy (especially if someone is ribbing me about something) and all these one-liners and quips will start flowing from my lips.  Even I didn't know until just now where they were coming from.  Set.  His bawdy sense of humor pretty much explains what's happening.
They are both very similar and apparently I've gotten them mixed up on more than one occasion.
Wepwawet seems to take things at face value, so be specific when asking for something or you may get more than you bargained for.  Not that it would cause you harm, but it might scare you so much you sleep with the lights on for the next 3 weeks. O.o  (I speak from experience)

Set on the other hand is very quiet, (unless there's female parts involved and then it's like watching reruns of Benny Hill).  He reminds me of the axiom " A fool will speak just to have something to say, whereas a wise man will speak only when there's something to say."  Set obviously being the wise-man.

These are just my own personal experiences and I have a few ideas who my Parents and Beloveds are, but it's pure speculation until an RPD is done.

Senebty.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:52:27 pm by Kheper »
"Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned. For knowledge has no limits, and none has yet achieved perfection in it." - The Maxims of Pthahotep

Son of Hethert-Mut/Heru-Wer Beloved of Yinepu, Set and Djehuty

* Most Recent Topics

topic RPD Scheduled!
[[PUBLIC] FAQ: RPD (Rite of Parent Divination)]
Nesiwepwawet
Today at 10:28:28 am
topic Hi everyone!!!!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Rev. Raheri
January 19, 2021, 02:23:16 pm
topic WANT TO SEE YOUR SHRINE PICTURES
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
Nesertem
January 18, 2021, 12:28:17 am
topic What is your favorite story?
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]
Asethepetwi
January 17, 2021, 11:39:43 pm
topic Is Horus Greco Roman?
Taji
January 17, 2021, 07:37:34 am
topic Status Report-Half Year-Special Fundraising Campaigns
[[PUBLIC] Fundraising Announcements]
Tatuayinepu
January 17, 2021, 01:28:52 am
topic Current Fundraising/Donations status, January 16, 2021
[[PUBLIC] Fundraising Announcements]
Tatuayinepu
January 16, 2021, 01:55:14 am
topic Affection for a deity that you do not know
[[PUBLIC] Netjer (Our Gods & Goddesses)]
Sobekemiti
January 15, 2021, 06:28:59 am
topic Ra UPG
[[PUBLIC] Netjer (Our Gods & Goddesses)]
Tahai
January 13, 2021, 09:07:31 pm
topic Em hotep!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
mercymagpie
January 13, 2021, 05:03:13 pm
topic The 42 Purifications
[[PUBLIC] Kemet Today - Rev. Tamara's Blog & Podcast]
Yinepuemsaes
January 13, 2021, 11:44:07 am
topic Em Hotep, everyone!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Nesertem
January 12, 2021, 07:22:57 pm
topic Upcoming virtual lectures in Egyptology!
Rev. Shezatwepwawet
January 09, 2021, 01:38:54 pm
topic Hello Everyone!!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Senuwierneheh
January 07, 2021, 09:49:17 am

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300141
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8