collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 67
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Tell Me About Wepwawet?  (Read 15995 times)

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Tell Me About Wepwawet?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 06:43:42 pm »
Wepwawet is amazing pretty much sums it up.

I sit at my PC with Pia (Ravenari)'s original of him facing just next to my monitor. I find it a great way to connect with him, who he is, what he's like. Her art kind of has that quality.

She captured something in it that I like about him, and that's that for me, he stradles night and day, seen and unseen, mundane and esoteric. He has a foot in each world. A strong theme for me with the netjeri of his is "One eye open one eye shut". One seeing the physical world, one seeing the world lying under and over it.

And he's sly and he Knows Things and I love him, he's amazing. Shayi summed it up, he's amazing.
Meset Wepwawet
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhty, her Hethert-Amenti
Child of (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Fedw and Tarot Diviner • Sau Apprentice • Self-care Hethert-Amenti Advocate
𓇼𓃧𓆫𓃠𓅊𓁥𓇼

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »
Wepwawet is very wise to me, very ancient.  He's been everywhere and seen it all.  He's also a trickster and he likes to make beads fall when I make jewelry for Him.  He's also a shapeshifter and a magician.  He's between worlds for me.  I associate Him with red (for the warrior), silver (for the more in between worlds stuff) and black (for the psychopomp).  I like Satsenu's idea of him being associated with blues/purples/greens as a magician though.  He comes to be as a gray or brown jackal headed deity or as a gray wolf.

He also calls me "kid" a lot.  
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:25:49 pm by TahekerutAset »
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 04:47:35 pm »
Taiawepwawet - thanks for the link to the picture: that was pretty much exactly Who I saw in dreams, just before I found, or was led to the House, (only in a more furry form!). At the time I thought it was Set, but now I'm not so sure...Hmmm. Set, Wepwawet or Yinepu, or maybe all three in different contexts have been around me for a few years now (although I'd never heard of Wepwawet, just had a reddish-brown jackaly-thing around a lot. I'm still trying to work out Who is Who at the moment :). Interesting to read everbody's thoughts and experiences.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288214
  • stats Total Topics: 19543
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything