collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: on making my first offering (at the risk of sounding stupid)  (Read 29889 times)

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
Re: on making my first offering (at the risk of sounding stupid)
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 08:42:30 pm »
Quote from: NiankhSekhmet
while in India cows are sacred so they'd use the cow dung in incense.

Not all incenses from India, however, have cow dung.  If you know what to look for that isn't always the case. Most ayurvedic incenses do not have cow dung in them.

I use Nag Champa Satya Sai Baba and have had good luck. I also use Pondicherry, Blue Pearl, and Fred Soll's when I can find it, but it is frightfully expensivee.  Hoever, none of thise have dung.

I didn't mean to say that all of Indian incenses had cow dung just that it would make sense if some did because cows are sacred in India.  And some use cow dung in their incenses for this reason.  

Apologies, I wasn't clear.  
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het, Wepwawet, Sekhmet-Mut, Ra, Mut,  Bast-Mut, Shu, Tefnut

Offline Kadu

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 08:30:09 pm »
Em hotep

It's correct to put differents offerings for differents Names in the same bowl during the Senut? I have 1 bowl to put the libations and another bowl to put the dry offerings. Am I performing correctly or should I have 1 bowl per God to put dry offerings for each One separately?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:31:12 pm by Kadu »
Son of [color:grey]Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color] &  [color:red]Hethert-Sekhmet[/color], Beloved of [color:blue]Djehuty[/color] & [color:navy]Nut[/color]

Facebook

Twitter

MSN: meeting.me@hotmail.com

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2012, 01:54:59 pm »
Em hote Kadu!

I just noticed no one ever replied to your question here. I would say that yes, you should have a separate offering bowl for the water libations and for offerings. I keep the bowl in which I offer water free of anything else. Since there is not a lot of extra space in my shrine, food and drink offerings end up on a plate and when it's time for me to consume them, I do.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 03:16:58 pm »
Quote from: Benethusia
So I've been wanting to make an offering to Netjer for a while. To that end I've been looking up past posts on the subject. My goal in offering is kind of a "Hi there! I respect you and would really appreciate it if you would tell me/show me  more about you so I can actually form a relationship with you" type thing.

I, unfortunately, do not have a ton of money but I wanted to make the offering as  good  a one as I could. So I bought some Ginger ale and some Pecan Sandies cookies to offer. I wanted to offer fruit as well but the produce looked like it had seen better days.

So here are my concerns:
 -In reading back through some past posts I saw a lot on purity and menstruation. My problem is I have an illness that pretty much makes my menstrual cycle irregular and really , really long. To the point where I'm hospitalized receiving blood transfusions. Does this mean I can never do normal offerings such as I described above? I realize I can't do the formal rites

- When I was part of a religious authoritarian cult (years ago) I was part of a ministry where we would cast demons out of people and came against spirits we thought were not of the Christian God. Some of these spirits were (supposedly) Egyptian. I did this when I was at my most brainwashed and I did it out of ignorance( and suffered for it). If some of those spirits were actually  Egyptian does this mean I run the risk of angering the Names by even approaching them? i figured if they were mad at me for that past involvement then  I wouldn't even be here now trying to learn about Kemetic Orthodoxy with an eye to becoming Shemset, they would have driven me off somehow. If anything I think I'm being drawn towards, not repelled away.

Anyhow, forgive me, I am a grass green newbie to all of this.  I'm still going through old posts, reading my mythology, and the Wiki. hoping for a spot in beginners classes when it comes up again. I mean no disrespect. I just don't want to be on the bad side of  Netjer inadvertently.

So that your heart is with the purest of intentions - that's all the gods really want :) Make the wrong offering or burn the wrong incense - not a problem lol! That is all psycho-babble and stage effects. The gods can see into your heart and know your true intentions so no worries :) As you become more and more "experienced" working with that particular god, they will reveal to you as to what exactly is pleasing to them.
Ankh Wedja Seneb

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 03:20:27 pm »
Quote from: Kadu
Em hotep

It's correct to put differents offerings for differents Names in the same bowl during the Senut? I have 1 bowl to put the libations and another bowl to put the dry offerings. Am I performing correctly or should I have 1 bowl per God to put dry offerings for each One separately?

Just do whatever feels "right" at the moment - the gods will guide you :) The gods are not like humans where they will get upset and send fire and destruction upon you if you use the wrong bowl lol :) they see your true intentions and are patient and loving.
Ankh Wedja Seneb

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 01:23:47 pm »
Em hotep.

Kadu - I had a similar problem with offering to One or more Names in the same bowl. It didn't seem to matter until I became Shemsu. Then, a few days later, I tried to offer to my Beloveds at the same time as offering to my Father, and They all gave me very big "NO". This is only personal experience, but, for me, Wepwawet has to come first, and Senut is only for Him. My Beloveds...well, I do offer to Them, but mostly, They firmly direct me back to my Father, and I can't argue with that :). This is personal experience, but you will probably know what is appropriate at any time. Hope that was helpful in some way!

Senebty,
Ni.
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3504
  • stats Total Posts: 304353
  • stats Total Topics: 21158
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal