collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 71
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?  (Read 32624 times)

What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:53:24 am »
I don't know where to place this question so I'm placing it here. I worship Sekhmet because she has come into my dreams and has called me to her service (my mother is waiting for hers to arrive). So I would love to know from all you groovy people which Egyptian Gods do you worship. Let me know, love to hear from you.

PS! Still involved with Hellenism but I'm more focused now on Sekhmet.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
Re: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:43:06 am »
I worship all our gods.

Aset, Heru-wer, Wesir, Bast, Sekhmet, Hethert, Ra, Khnum, Ptah, Set, Serqet, Yinepu, Wepwawet, Nebt-het, Djehuty, Amun...

...well we do have a rather long list of gods :)
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Aashemmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 12:24:15 pm »
lol I would say that I give Them all worship as Netjer. But I personally focus on Sekhmet, Bast, and my Beloveds in my worship.
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Bast, Meryt Shu her Sokar-Wesir.

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 12:30:09 pm »
Hotep!  *henu*

I'd have to agree that I honor and worship all of Them.  The difference with folks that are shemsu, is that they have agreed to honor their Parent(s) first (not solely) just fist when honoring the various names of Netjer.   ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 12:50:56 pm »
Imyutimuti, are you talking about your earthly parents, you know the ones that enabled you to come into this world, or the other one. I don't want to go into anything detailed as I don't want to offend anyone. I'm fairly new to a lot of Kemetic names and terms.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 02:17:13 pm »
Our Parents are a set of one or two Gods Who we believe made us.  We discover Them through a divination.  Mine are Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.

I worship all of Them as asked for/necessary, my Fathers and Beloveds before others then others based on particular things I happen to be into... right now, for example, I am working with Ptah (I've taken up woodworking) and Pakhet.  My Fathers come first, though.
Son of Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer, and Aset-Serqet.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 03:46:59 pm »
You will see us refer to "Aset kids" or "Wepwawet kids" etc. These are out parent gods, who (as stated) we honor first, though we are not required to honor Them only.

You'll note my parent(I have just the one) and beloveds in my signature. I honor Them first and foremost.

I also have gods outside of HON and my Kemetic practices but you wanted Egyptian gods so I'll leave the others out here. : >
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Ta_Imu_Aset »
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 05:01:45 pm »
I primarily worship Sekhmet, my spiritual Mother. I often pray to Djehuty, especially during fall/spring semesters. I pray to Yinepu and make offerings (Though mostly it's just talking to Him as I would my best friend). I pray to Wepwawet during my travels, especially in bad driving conditions, and I pray to Ra. I haven't really approached Amun, Who is one of my Beloveds, but I have become more aware of Him as I've become more political if that makes any sense.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:03:17 pm by Sematersekhmet »
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert mery Amun, Djehuty her Wapwawet-Yinepu

SematerSekhmet
'Bear Witness to Sekhmet's Truth'

'Come with me.  Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save the things they love.  My job, my mission, the reason I've been put on this earth is to save wildlife.'
~Steve Irwin

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 06:59:43 pm »
All of Them.  I love and worship my Mother Sekhmet above all and have closer ties with my Beloveds.  I talk to any of Them I feel called to, and honor the other Netjeru on their special days.
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 07:05:21 pm »
Em hotep, 3467.

I worship, first and foremost, my Mother, Bast, followed by my Beloveds, Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

I attempt to follow the path of Ma'at in all things, so give Her honor daily.  I've asked Wenut to be patroness of my rabbitry, so I honor Her often, as well.

I also regularly honor Nut, Wesir, Khepera, Set, Khonsu, Ihy, Heru-wer, Shu, and Tefnut.  I occasionally pray to Amun, Atum, Khnum, Ptah, and Serqet.  I'd like to learn more about Nit, Seshat, and Nebt-het.

There may be a couple more Names I randomly interact with, but I can't recall them now.

Blessings and best wishes on you learning journey.

Tahai
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 07:28:52 pm »
This is great, love who you worship. I haven't done the Divination but Sekhmet came to me in a dream, two nights in a row, so I don't know if that means that she's my parent. I would really love her to be my parent but if another god is then I'm fine with that.

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 07:37:18 pm »
She also came to me in dreams and visions.  They were quite profound and changed my life.  It's wonderful you are dreaming of Her.
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 09:35:20 pm »
Daryt, I agree with you. The only problem is that I can't find any prayers to her. I've checked and they've got some good prayers but I don't know if it's fitting. Any advice would be helpful.

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »
I personally worship All of Them - but Sekhmet first and foremost since it is She Who is my Mother.

Pray from your heart - especially to Sekhmet. There are tons of prayers on this site that have been written to Her.  I've written several, and there are others such as the ones found in Hemet's Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook that has yet others.

This is just one that I wrote some time ago. You are welcome to use it and adapt it. I certainly do not mind sharing. If you post it anywhere, however, I want credit for it. ;)

*~*~*~*~

We have come to You, Sekhmet that we may partake of Your Splendour
We fall down before You and Worship Your Majesty, both day and night.

May You take us to Your Breast as the Mother Lioness and Creatrix in Heaven..
Allow us to be in Thy Presence O' Great Mistress of Power!
May You raise us living to be with You and with Ra.
You who have given birth to Your children each and every Day
As the Horizon gives birth to Ra.

Let us enter and go forth into Your Presence.
Hail to You Sekhmet!
Glorious and Creative Mistress, Thou art beautiful as You rise triumphant and rule over the hearts of all mankind. We bring offerings to appease Your heart!
The Shrines of Heaven and of Earth come forth singing your praises!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:34:46 pm by NiankhSekhmet »
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 12:38:22 am »
No problem. It's your prayer and I believe that if your going to use someone's prayer that they've given you permission to use then you should credit that person. It's only proper and fair.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2932
  • stats Total Posts: 285882
  • stats Total Topics: 19379
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217