Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 82
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?  (Read 32637 times)

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
Re: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 10:28:05 am »
Hotep!  *henu*

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I was refering to one's spiritual Parents (in my case Nebt-het and Serqet).  The idea being that I would honor and praise Them first when honoring the various gods/goddesses of Kemet (this wouldn't apply if I'm celebrating/honoring a specific Name, the Mysteries of Wesier for example, as I'd be there to honor Wesier specifically rather than the gods of Kemet in general).

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 01:50:13 pm »
So how do you find your spiritual parents?
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 03:25:32 pm »
Hemet does a divination. Many of us knew who They were, others were totally surprised.
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 09:32:07 pm »
I praise and honor all the Names, but the Gods I've offered to and spoken to the most have been: first and foremost my Mother, Bast; my Beloveds, Nut and Amun-Ra; and also Nefertem, Heru-hekenu, Khonsu-Heru, Wadjet, Wenut, Heryshef, Wepwawet, Set, and Serqet. I'm also very interested in Satet, Anuket, Tefnut, and Menhyt.

The Kemetic Orthodox divination for Parent(s) and Beloved(s) is offered once one has graduated from the beginners course.

Shefyt

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Shefytbast »
Shefytbast | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 02:54:18 am »
Thanks for sharing. I honor Isis, Ma'at, Heru, and Bast but I pray to Sekhmet and give her offering. Right now she's into coin offerings but the moment that changes then I'll change the offering. One of the plus side to doing coin offering is that you can afford things like candles and other types of offering.

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 11:47:57 pm »
I love all of the Egyptian Deities, but am particularly close to Aset and Anpu. Lately, Set has become the God that I spend the most amount of time with.  I often find myself talking to him at work or just checking in with him to see if he's still with me.  I'm in the process of making a shrine for him.

Actually, today at work someone stole $50.00 from my wallet, which I had put aside to buy his statue with. I don't imagine this made him too happy!
Deep into the darkness, peering
     long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal
     ever dared to dream before.

- Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

Offline HedebBast

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 01:06:15 am »
I have to say that I'm like that with Set too :), he's very chatty with me.  He's the first Name that got in touch with me in the Beginners class.
I'm sorry to hear about your $50 getting stolen :( as a cheaper option, you could get a cactus for Set :D...he likes them.  Or you could draw a picture of him and put it in a frame.  He should be ok with that until you get some more money for a statue.
-HedebBast-
Sat Bast
Meryt Sekhmet-Mut
Thankful to Set and my Akhu
Facebook|Blog

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 12:24:15 pm »
I'm sorry about that as well. No one has the right to steal from other people. I'm not that good at drawing so I found a picture of Sekhmet and have her on my wall until the lovely lady appears in the big brown truck tomorrow. I'm still working on trying to find something to put her in, like a cabinet or something.

I'm thinking about going to the hardware store because they have things that you put on the wall that have doors and such. However I'll have to wait until next month to get it unless I can find something and let my brother give me the money. Once again, sorry about your $50.00 getting stolen.

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 12:37:21 pm »
Quote from: 3467
I'm sorry about that as well. No one has the right to steal from other people. I'm not that good at drawing so I found a picture of Sekhmet and have her on my wall until the lovely lady appears in the big brown truck tomorrow. I'm still working on trying to find something to put her in, like a cabinet or something.

I'm thinking about going to the hardware store because they have things that you put on the wall that have doors and such. However I'll have to wait until next month to get it unless I can find something and let my brother give me the money. Once again, sorry about your $50.00 getting stolen.

Heh, my Aset shrine is made out of cinder blocks and shelving I cut to length. Covered with tarp for protection and as "doors" to close the shrine. She wanted a big space...She got big space.
Timu

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 12:51:42 pm »
Ta_Imu_Aset, I'm jealous. I'm not that good with my hands and I'm always scared I'm going to mess up.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 02:31:09 pm »
I'm not either really...however playing with a circular saw was fun...heehee...
Timu

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 02:50:31 pm »
Em-hotep,

I too worship a long list of Netjer; I'll try to list them in importance:

Amun-Ra, Horus, Djehuty, Min, Osiris, Isis, Nephtys, Sekhmet, Imhotep, Anubis, Set, Renenutet, Amentet, Heptet, Duamutef, Quebefsenuf, Imsety, Hapi, Hapy, Ankhet, Khnum, Khonsu, Mut, Ma'at, Nut, Geb, Shu, Tefnut, Sobek, Sokar, Seshat, Wadjet, (Nun, Nunet, Kuk, Kuket, Heh, Huahet, Niau, Hiaut)...oh, and Atum, Aha, Hathor and Ptah and Mafdet.

I know, I have a lot of Netjer to remember.  Sometimes I 'misplace' some of them in my life.  To be honest, I worship all Netjer, even if only saying a prayer and giving a small offering to them all as Netjer.  Though, if I was only to worship five Netjer; my most important Netjer would be Amun-Ra, Min, Djehuty, Khnum and Osiris.        
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:51 pm »
Quote from: 3467

Thanks. Next time I'll remember to lock my locker.  I think finding a picture is a great idea.  I found one on the internet of Set and Horus blessing a Pharaoh that was quite ovely.  

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 03:18:42 pm »
Quote from: HedebBast
I have to say that I'm like that with Set too :), he's very chatty with me.  He's the first Name that got in touch with me in the Beginners class.
I'm sorry to hear about your $50 getting stolen :( as a cheaper option, you could get a cactus for Set :D...he likes them.  Or you could draw a picture of him and put it in a frame.  He should be ok with that until you get some more money for a statue.

He's not really chatty with me, mosty it's me prattling on like an idiot.  He hasn't said too much to me, really.  It's more like I can sense his presence with me, which I do appreciate.  When the money was stolen from me, he did remind me that I didn't need another statue of him - and just to get on with it already.  I've been stalling in approaching him until my shrine of him was complete, but I guess he isn't concerned about that.

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 03:22:11 pm »
And, HedebBast, thank you for the cactus suggestion.  I love cacti, too, and think this will be a nice addition for Set's shrine.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2933
  • stats Total Posts: 286013
  • stats Total Topics: 19391
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217