Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 65
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?  (Read 33021 times)

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
Re: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 06:04:30 pm »
I worship my Mother Aset first and then my Beloveds, Nebet Het and Wepwawet.  I also honor Sekhmet.  Then I honor the Netjeru of specific festivals.  

I honor other gods from other pantheons aswell, but Aset comes first.  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:05:17 pm by TahekerutAset »
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 10:57:58 am »
I'd like to get to know Them all (not trying to make Them sound like Pokemon! lol), but being such a cat freak I adore all the ones with feline associations. It's the whole reason I became interested in Egypt in the first place. :)
I guess it goes without saying that whatever I'm interested in/working on or what festival it is would influence Who I talk to at any given time.
To narrow it down though, I'd say mostly Sekhmet, Bast, Nefertem, and Pakhet. At one time I was trying to get to know Mafdet, but Pakhet has a closer connection to my RPD gods so I latched onto Her more. I have now become obsessed with researching Her for some reason. Also I had a dream about a jackal-guy so I want to get to know Wepwawet.
Outside of Kemet, I am fond of Kali and Shiva Nataraj. Also Hecate is sparking some interest. But I haven't really approached Them.
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline Bekamuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 06:18:06 am »
Quote from: Baketsekhmet
I'd like to get to know Them all (not trying to make Them sound like Pokemon! lol),

NETJERU! Gotta meet 'Em all!
*belts Pokémon theme song*
- Bekamuti

Sa Nebt-het & Hethert
Mery Mut & Wepwawet.

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 07:20:45 am »
i have a main deity, amon, and there are then my eight favoured gods, osiris,horus,Isis,thot,Ra,seshat,ma'at and hather, and then there are my miner deities, i.e. set, sobek. sokar. tweret etc.
"our nature off petty crimes against the nature of our own world has led us to turn to childish actions and losome lies, going to war is a childish act"

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:36 pm »
Quote from: Bekamuti

NETJERU! Gotta meet 'Em all!
*belts Pokémon theme song*

LOL!! Exactly what I was thinking :)
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 04:28:40 pm »
3467 - I highly recommend a book I recently read to you:
Bast and Sekhmet - eyes of Ra. By Storm Constantine and Eloise Coquio.
Ebay has a few so you may have luck on there.
There are visualisations and prayers / rituals you can perform for Sekhmet.

And to be honest, if you cant find a prayer -do not fear about making your own, you may enjoy it.

I personally honour all Netjer, but more focused on Bast and Ma'at.

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 03:54:27 am »
Hi, everyone!

At the moment, I am just learning to do Senut, so I'm trying to focus on Netjer in general rather than any specific Names.
Having said that, Yinepu has been with me forever and He sort of got a bit offended with me for ignoring Him, a bit how a dog would, if you know what I mean. I felt mean for trying to ignore Him, too, so I am giving Him seperate offerings outside of the actual Senut. (This doesn't actually seem to work too well, as He hovers around during Senut anyway...). :).
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:25 am »
Em hotep everyone. Like Jet I'm just learning but Aset seems to have made herself known to me the most so far, but I honour all Netjer. :)
You don't know what you can do until you try.

Offline Bezenwepwy

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 05:29:31 am »
I'm not sure if I should post or not because I'm just so different to everyone else. >_< I am very specifically focused on the deities I worship and I barely even acknowledge the others. I guess I take a pretty hard polytheistic view of things and so all the other Netjer might as well be part of different pantheons as far as my personal devotion and interest is concerned.

My main deity is Wepwawet/Wepwawet-Re, followed by Anubis. And although I do believe Set has had a presence in my life, I don't actually worship him. And with Hathor-Nut, I'm still trying to figure out what she's doing there but I suspect she has a relationship with the two jackals. I'm a bit of an Asyutian! (Does anybody else identify with a specific AE town/city?)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Nefersedt »
On the Temple Steps - My amulet shop.
Per-Sabu.org - More jackals than you can shake a stick at.
Big Bad Jackal - Another jackal-laden venue.

Offline Menemaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 08:59:02 am »
Quote from: Linda
Em hotep everyone. Like Jet I'm just learning but Aset seems to have made herself known to me the most so far, but I honour all Netjer. :)

:D

As for myself, I have had little to no time for much of anything when it comes to my spiritual life, but when I do Aset is always the only One on my mind. I need to carve out more time, though, because I know my Beloved Mut is in my life a lot and She deserves more from me.

In general, though, Aset is first and foremost. My Beloveds would be next, followed by a myriad of other Names that have either poked me or otherwise gotten my attention. Mostly Wesir. :)

Senebty,

Menem
Menem
Son of Aset, beloved of Seshat and Mut

"The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 02:35:24 pm »
Quote from: Nefersedt
I'm a bit of an Asyutian! (Does anybody else identify with a specific AE town/city?)

I've never thought about it much, but yeah I'm in Asyut right with you.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 03:10:43 pm »
Iunu
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Maen

• Shemsu
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 03:29:23 pm »
Waset/Thebes, for the simple reason that I've been there several times and know it well.
Ma'a-en-Hethert ("rightly belonging to HetHert")
Daughter of HetHert-Sekhmet, beloved of Nut, Djehuty and Nit-NebtHet-Seshat

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 03:35:16 pm »
M Htp!

Presently I don't worship any of the Names.  I do however pray and talk to them regularly.  If they introduce themselves and talk to me, then I reciprocate.  If they don't approach me, then I don't approach them.  I'll talk to anyone who speaks to me, be it human or otherwise.  No being is ever not worth my time as I feel they may have had to overcome some obstacles to get the courage to say anything to me in the first place (speaking more about people here).
There may be certain Names that I speak to more often, but that's only because I have known them longer and a relationship already exists versus any new Names that come along.

As to cities in Ancient Egypt, I can't really say.  I never thought of the Names as being allocated to one specific geographical place, just as the people who revere them are not in the same geographical place.  I guess I'd have to say Tawy House in Joliet, IL, which is where our Nisut resides.

Senebty,
"Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned. For knowledge has no limits, and none has yet achieved perfection in it." - The Maxims of Pthahotep

Son of Hethert-Mut/Heru-Wer Beloved of Yinepu, Set and Djehuty

Offline Taahahermafdet

• Shemsu
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2010, 05:01:35 pm »
I worship them all but honestly massive priority goes to Mama Mafdet then Bast and Sekhmet...

Ást,
Ta'aha
Oh Serpent! I am the flame which shineth upon the Opener of hundreds of thousands of years, and the standard of the god Tenpu, the standard of young plants and flowers. Depart ye from me, for I am the divine Mafdet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3003
  • stats Total Posts: 288129
  • stats Total Topics: 19535
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything