collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 63
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?  (Read 33141 times)

Re: What Egyptian Gods Do You Worship?
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 07:57:03 pm »
I feel I am connected to Karnak and the surrounding 'districts'; though, there also is a small connection I can feel with Kom-Ombo, Khnumu and Edfu/Behdet. :)
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 08:10:09 pm »
Ta'aha! *glomps the ceiling cheetah*
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

Offline SpiderGoddess

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 03:10:10 am »
Em Hotep,

I worship Inpw, Bast, Bennu, Ma'at, Sesjat and Thot.

Inpw an Bast came in a dream to me. And they called me to follow them to the path i walk now. But i'm still searsing for the right way to worship them. But i will get there ;) And i know they will help me.

greetings,

Spider

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 06:14:50 am »
For now, I'm with Djehuty and Bast. I thought about Seshat and Ra, but I need to dig some more data about them, so I know how to address them.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 08:16:52 am »
Currently, I'm focusing on the gods of my RPD, since I'm a very new Shemsu! However, I also regularly venerate Iah and Hapi, and recently I have started pursuing a connection with the Bawy as well.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Gezemyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2015, 06:47:00 pm »
Currently I only worship Yinepu as no other Netjer have spoken to me yet. He is the one who lend me on the KO path and I am grateful to Him for it. Like SpiderGoddess, He also came to me in a dream and called me to the religion.

I plan to eventually get my RPD though and whoever my parent deities and beloveds are, I am certainly going to speak to them and invite them into my life.
Gezemyinepu (Gez)-  "Anointed by Yinepu"

Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline blucosmon

• Remetj
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:31 pm »
Em Hotep
I worship Netjer as all encompassing deity with Aset and Djehuty both making connection with me in various ways. So I really consider them to be my parents. Set and Ptah are both represented on my altar as well because their energies are reflected in my life and work.
/\/\ | ( |-| /-\ [- |_

Offline Tjehehdjehuty

• Shemsu
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 12:03:29 am »
Currently Djehuty.

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 02:37:36 am »
Apparently I've never posted in this thread! I worship my Father and my Beloveds (more focus on Wadjet and Djehuty of them, however).
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 09:34:44 am »
I honour my Mothers Bast and Amunet, my beloved Set, and I am just starting to connect with Ptah.
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 10:05:24 pm »
For me, there is a "core group" of deities Whom I venerate with some regularity, particularly those Who may be categorized in some fashion or another as "Ram Gods" (Herishef, Banebdjedet, Amun, Kherty, etc.). Some of the deities with falcon theophanies seem to be prevalent also. Male solar deities and chthonic deities (for some of those Gods, They belong to both categories), and especially the "solarized" manifestations of the aforementioned (that is to say, "as synretized with Re") likewise pervade that core group. Ptah, Sobek, Set, Djehuty, and a number of the "Egyptianized" Levantine deities and Mesopotamian deities factor in as well.

However, it does vary. I don't venerate all of Them all the time, nor every time I go before Their shrine to perform rites and/or say prayers. Some of Them, such as Montu, I tend to go through seasonal cycles with (for Montu, it's the spring and summer). For others, my worshipful involvement with Them is entirely circumstantial and not the least bit regular (this is true of female deities connected to, in whatever way, the male deities I worship, though not just true of Them). For Nergal specifically, I make a point of taking time to worship/offer to Him at least once every month. For every God, I hold a deep and abiding respect, but I do not worship every single one, much less all of the time, every time. There are simply too many of Them, not enough of me, and I already worship a lot of Gods as it is! xD

Incidentally, I've noticed that where I am living does affect which deities I "feel the presence of" most strongly, which of Them seem to demand worship more immediately than others on the basis of place, and what character the worship I give Them takes on account of the aforementioned. Since my move South, I sense the presence of (especially but not necessarily limited to) Djehuty, Sobek, the Hehu/"Primordial Gods" of the Ogdoad, a few specific manifestations of Re, and especially Nergal much more strongly here than I did when I was living back up North. Part of it has to do with the kind of wildlife here, both native and imported, which to some extent resembles (if not matches, in the case of some imported species) the flora, fauna, and marshy habitats to be found in Northeast Africa and parts of the Near East. It also has to do with the "nature" of the places I am living nearby, which reflect some of the specific natures of those specific deities, and the particular realms, activities, and so on, which They govern.

For example: Anywhere there has been significant inflicted death (the South is unfortunately peppered with such places), or anywhere that disease is prevalent (basically any subtropical, swampy region where various species of fever-bearing mosquitoes breed with abandon qualifies, and there are several such places around here), I perceive Nergal's presence and dominion there, in His roles/aspects as one Who controls plague, as Underworldly Ruler, and as (Erra-Nergal) the one Who leads the Ilū Sebitti, the Seven Gods Who are best known for Their wreaking catastrophic death and destruction. So, as one might expect, the nature of the worship He receives from me while I'm living here takes on an especially propitiatious air. :P  It's obviously not the same case for every deity I perceive as "active" here, since They aren't all Nergal and don't have Nergal's precise roles/aspects, but hopefully the idea I'm attempting to convey here is coming across.  ;D
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2015, 03:10:03 am »
Short answer- all of Them :)

In depth I worship my Parents- Bast and Wepwawet, as well as my Beloveds- Sekhmet and Heru-sa-Aset.
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2015, 02:58:38 am »
Primarily, I worship Ra. But I do honor and respect all of our Gods and Goddesses. They are all very important to me.
Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

Offline DevoteeOfThoth

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2015, 07:06:03 am »
I worship Dhehuty first and foremost. He appeared in one of dreams a while back. It took me about a year to realize that he was calling me! I am also honoring Bast. Djehuty is also encouraging me to worship the other Gods of Hermopolis.

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 289253
  • stats Total Topics: 19624
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything