Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Food Agenda petition  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
Food Agenda petition
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:18:45 pm »
Please take a look at Organic Consumer Associations's Food Agenda 2020 and sign if you are interested!
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline Linda

• Remetj
Re: Food Agenda petition
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:56:07 pm »
I know I live in UK, but I've signed it. The effects, whatever the country, are felt globally. :(
You don't know what you can do until you try.

Re: Food Agenda petition
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:35:45 pm »
Em-Hotep,

While I am all for trying to lessen, if not stop, our drug use habit of using fossil fuels; going completely organic in our food production would be a death sentience.  While it is absolutely disgusting to known how much growth proteins and enhancement compounds we pump into out food to get the perfectly red and plump tomato; without the nitrogen enriched soil, we (the US and other major food producing companies) would fail to produce enough food to feed all 7 billion people on this planet. The growth proteins and enhancement compound need to go... but if the soil we used returned to a more winnower based mixture instead of nitrogen, it has been estimated by USDA and other lesser constituents, that more then 3 Billion people would die...(If you lived in a First-World country you would most likely be fine, though if you lived in a Third-World or even Emerging-Country like Mexico and Columbia the starvation rate would be much higher... :( )  Right now with nitrogen enriched soil a farm could grow up to twelve stalks of corn per sqft, but with minnower enriched soil a farmer could  only grow a max of five stalks per sqft.  (Plus; the methane which eminates from minnower is ten times more heavy and more damaging to us is consumed and to the astmospher then nirtogen....

All in all, we need to do something about our dependence on fossil fuel and definitely need to rid our food production companies of their dependence on using growth proteins and enhancement compounds....      
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300148
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119