collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 57
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hello from Canada!  (Read 16873 times)

Offline Awetitu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Hello from Canada!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 07:24:38 am »
Em hotep and welcome, Jenn. Sorry for being slow off the mark. usually I'm more on point when Canadians reveal themselves here. I hope you will enjoy your stay!
Awetitu - aka Awi
Sa Sobek her Set, mery Heru-wer her Sekhmet-Hethert

Offline Meket

• Shemsu
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50:25 am »
Ha, Niti, I was going to say that agonizing was a bad way to put it, but perhaps the most honest.  :)

Khumekitu - I'm actually from Newfoundland originally, so I think the other end of the country is just as (if not more) fab.  :D

The silly purr-faced little brat in my icon is Samael, aka. Sami, aka. Princess Fussypants.  She's the baby girl of my two rescues, and I'm sure Niti can attest that she looks just as strange in person.  ;)  I'll be sure to pass on the nice comments about her, though she really doesn't need the ego boost!

*happy dance*

(A tall water bottle filled with extra-stong lemonade is certainly not the best thing to chug before visiting forums!  SUGAR!)
Meketserqet
Serqet Protects / Serqet's Protection
Sat [color:red]Serqet-Aset[/color], Meryt [color:blue]Set, Heru-wer, Djehuty,[/color] her [color:blue]Satet[/color]!

"No more tears," He said.  "Only your strength will do."

Offline Khumekitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »
I grew up in NB, in the countryside near the Bay of Fundy. I've always wanted to escape to a large city though. The time I spent living in one of the small cities around here was great. Unfortunately, large cities are in short supply here, as are jobs. What's it like in BC? I've noticed that there are several members that live there. Whereas I think I'm the only NBer here  :cry:. We need to get a few more Maritimers here to even things out. Make things more fair  :D.
Khumekitu

"Guarded and Protected by Two Fathers"

Sa Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set, mery Bast her Heru-wer

Offline Meket

• Shemsu
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 12:02:50 pm »
I quite like living in BC - it's big, it's beautiful, rains a bit much but overall it's nice.  I do miss the quiet of the smaller cities sometimes, and noticed it especially when I visited St. John's in July (for the George Street Festival whoo!), but overall it's a cool province.  Expensive, though (or maybe I just don't make enough money ;) ).

You can never have enough Maritimers!  :D
Meketserqet
Serqet Protects / Serqet's Protection
Sat [color:red]Serqet-Aset[/color], Meryt [color:blue]Set, Heru-wer, Djehuty,[/color] her [color:blue]Satet[/color]!

"No more tears," He said.  "Only your strength will do."

Offline Khumekitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 04:20:33 pm »
When I said smaller I meant like Moncton, Dieppe kind of smaller. I have been to Halifax once, it was great. I wanted to stay. It is actually big enough to have transgender support groups and a trans clinic there. One day I'll get to a big city and stay there. One day  :D.  
Khumekitu

"Guarded and Protected by Two Fathers"

Sa Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set, mery Bast her Heru-wer

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3005
  • stats Total Posts: 288140
  • stats Total Topics: 19536
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217