collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What is Kemetic Orthodox View of Wicca?  (Read 24595 times)

Re: What is Kemetic Orthodox View of Wicca?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 10:08:16 pm »
Sorry about that but I did say not to confuse it with Native Americans. The Germans saw how the Indians did their gather, their level of spirituality, and took the name Pow-Wow to talk about what they practiced.
I follow the rhythm of Egypt.

Offline NiankhSekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 10:14:10 pm »
Oh, please! I really was teasing you! I apologise if I made you think otherwise. :)

My son is half-Dutch, so I knew exactly what you meant.
NiankhSekhmet
Sat Sekhmet-Mut/HetHert
Meryt-Amun (Beloved of Amun)
Heri Seshta Sekhmet-Mut / HetHert

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 11:48:46 pm »
Lol, I forgive you. It's odd to come from a mostly German background but I think it makes me a magical person.

Offline The Tai'awepwawet System

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 11:17:13 am »
Sparkly magical Germans :P

Germany is, AFAIK, a fairly hardline Christian country compared to a lot in Europe. I do have a German friend who might be interested to hear about what having a German background can do for you ;3

(In seriousness though, you make you a magical person.)
Tjema'awy | Sekhemib
Meset Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhety, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, her Sekhmet-Hethert
𓃧-𓆫𓃠𓅊𓋀𓋌𓁴
Our Blog + Links to Carrd and Incense Spreadsheet

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 11:39:46 am »
Quote from: Henytenwepwawet
Sparkly magical Germans :P
Germany is, AFAIK, a fairly hardline Christian country compared to a lot in Europe.

What? Which countries? When thinking about hardline Christian European countries I'd think about Poland, Spain, Italy or Irland (the Catholic part)

(and no, I don't sparkle  ;-) )
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline The Tai'awepwawet System

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 12:34:26 pm »
I'm thinking of places like France and the UK, and even Italy (Islam is the second largest religion there and is really making a mark). Countries such as Finland (don't believe the statistics) also stick out in my mind.

Compare to Germany where in quite a few states that ban religious clothing, they say "except Christian stuff, that's okay", the reason given being the centuries of Christian influence making them not want to ban Christian symbolism. Everything else is fair game. Which is a damn shame, really.

Germans are not vampires? :(
Tjema'awy | Sekhemib
Meset Wepwawet her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Meryt Serqet, Bast, Ra-Heruakhety, Hethert-Amenti, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, her Sekhmet-Hethert
𓃧-𓆫𓃠𓅊𓋀𓋌𓁴
Our Blog + Links to Carrd and Incense Spreadsheet

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 01:11:26 pm »
I'd still say that Catholizism has a stronger influence on Italy than on Germany.
And when it comes to banning religious symbols or clothing in public life France and Belgium have laws which are much stricter. There is e.g. no ban on burkas in Germany. The only case where wearing a burka would be an issue is when that woman would want to become a teacher in a public school and being employed by the government. The law says explicitely that teachers have to be neutral (and is valid as well for any other religion, political views, etc.). Schools should be neutral places, parents shouldn't have to worry if one of the teachers might try to recruit their children to become members of Scientology or a Nazi organisation. And when it comes to religious symbols a cruzifix wouldn't be allowed in the classroom either...so no, just because something is Christian doesn't mean that it is allowed in school. The only religious clothing which is actually allowed is the habit of nuns.
I would actually say that Germany is sometimes a little bit too political correct, e.g. when school offer meals they don't offer any pork because it could offend Muslims.
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 01:32:14 pm »
Okay, folks, we've seriously wandered off topic. Let's take the extraneous conversation to PMs, please.

Thanks!
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 01:57:18 pm »
What really sucks is that everything that's not Christian, Islam, and Judaism has been lumped together as pagan. I like the Kemetic Orthodox view of the gods and rituals. I might be outside the temple right now but I get a very good feel of what goes on inside. What really helps is that there is information that helps people understand that KO is very different from Wicca, thus ensuring that confusion doesn't happen.

I posted my shrine on one of the sites and a bunny hunter (I hadn't heard this term until someone told me about it) told me that I was being fluffy. Wiccans, like those stupid bunny hunters, don't get that it's not a fluffy bunny shrine, it's my shrine. I PM her and told her to lay off the term fluffy bunny, that I'm going to be taking beginners classes at the House of Netjer next year, and when I do join I better not hear from her that I'm still a fluffy bunny.

Bunny hunters, remedial name for remedial people that have no life.

Offline Sedjemes

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 02:10:34 pm »
Hotep :)

However people who are not Kemetic Orthodox choose to percieve our practices, and however people anywhere choose to perceive the practices of any group not their own, we within Kemetic Orthodoxy simply strive to uphold our own practices and view of the universe and of life.

While we know we differ in some respects from other practices, and may even disagree and be disagreed with, by other spiritual paths, it's all good. We respectfully ask that our guests keep to that spirit, and refrain from any sense of hostility or ire against the opinions of anyone else--at least here within the outer walls of our temple, which is what these forums are.

Please, no pejoratives, no name-calling, no invoking of our own practices as "proof" that we are then better or more informed or more "correct than any other practices or paths.

We are Kemetic Orthodox. That is all. What anyone else views us as, or however anyone else practices is their business. And it's all good.
Khenmetaset ("Aset Gladdens")
Sedjemes ("She listens")
Daughter of Aset-Serqet, Meryt Ra her Sekhmet
Heri-Sesheta Aset-Serqet

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 02:23:53 pm »
Em hotep, all!

Quote from: Arienihethert
Okay, folks, we've seriously wandered off topic. Let's take the extraneous conversation to PMs, please.

Thanks!

I really did mean that, and in case anyone is not clear on what I mean by "off topic" and "extraneous conversation," allow me to present the following as examples of the two:
  • Discussion of the relative Christianity of any number of locations
  • Any and all complaints about or against Wicca or Wiccans

This is not the place to complain about Wicca. Period. Please, let's stay on topic and keep the hate/ire/crankiness far, far away from our temple.

Thank you!
Look out the window. And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat, and then later that night you were lying looking up at the ceiling, and the water in your head was not dissimilar from the landscape, and you think to yourself Why is it that the landscape is moving but the boat is still?

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 04:53:09 pm »
Hay, she called me names first. Just giving you a feel of how thing are out there and that there are bullies that get onto these sites and bully other people. I take my shrine very seriously and if this woman doesn't respect that then that's her problem but she's always e-mailing me, harassing me, and I just can't stand it.

If I choose to be apart of something then that's my right, I just don't want her coming back around and continuing with the insults. I got fifty messages from her last night, while I was asleep, and I complained to the owner. Nothing is happening.

I personally think he allows it and I just wish the site would be removed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:53:43 pm by Following_Sekhmet »

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 04:55:35 pm »
Hay, I just can't stand being bullied by others.

Offline Arienihethert

• Tawy Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 05:18:52 pm »
Em hotep, Following_Sekhmet,

Quote from: Following_Sekhmet
Hay, she called me names first.

Yes, and I'm sorry for that, but she didn't do that *here.* All I'm asking is that we keep our threads as on-topic as humanly possible and leave any *outside* consternation and disagreements where they belong: outside of this forum.

I'm sure the vast majority of folks here, if not all of us, have had experiences with Internet bullies, and it's awful. It really is. But the way to heal from that is not to bring it with you here and put it on display.

There are jerks in every religion all over the world. I would rather not dwell on them, myself, and so long as our forum policy states:
  • Embedded Flames -- posts containing arguments that have some validity but whose contents are primarily directed at discrediting, humiliating, or otherwise attacking the reputation, behavior, or credibility of another, are also not permitted.
and
  • Deliberately driving conversations off topic
I am going to enforce these points.

I'm sorry for the troubles that you have had with other groups and individuals, but this is really not the place to get your frustrations out. If what you want is some place to trash Wicca, there are places for that. But not here. We have Wiccans here who are beloved brothers and sisters and who are not doing anything to you, nor are they doing any of the things that you claim to be offensive to you. Please respect them by leaving your personal issues with others out of your posts.

I can attest that this is a great place to heal from unhappy experiences with less-than-stellar people and groups, but you've got to be willing to let go of the pain and move forward to what's next. We've got a great community here; there's no need to bring in anything that might get in between you and the people you would like to get to know better.

Senebty,
Arieni

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal