collapse collapse

* Donation Status

100%+   Current donation status as of January 15, 2021 = $2,500 of $2,500 (100%)   Donate!

Plus Projected Rollover of $1,462.56!!!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Let's talk about Khnum!  (Read 7267 times)

Re: Let's talk about Khnum!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »
Khnum is one of my dads.  Somehow it seems kind of weird that he would be my dad with Set because one is a deity of creation and fertility and the other is a god of destruction and the sterile land.

The first time I met him, I was sitting on my bed reading a book.  Suddenly I was aware of an entity in the room who smelled like water, as in an ancient vast lake, who radiated coolness and serenity.  A feeling of fatherly love washed over me.  He didn't have to tell me who he was.  I already knew.

The strangest thing was that when I was a brand new pagan, I was flipping through a book on Egyptian deities and saw his picture.  I did not know who that was, being brand new and all, but when I saw the photo of him on a stelae, I had the thought, "I know who that is.  He is the nicest, most loving man." It was really weird, like seeing a photo of someone I had once known and forgotten but now remembered.

And it's true.  He is the kindest, gentlest netjer.

He loves not only pottery but artworks of all kinds.  I drew a picture of him and framed it and used it as an icon in his shrine.  I also made a sculpture of a ram for him.  He likes to sit beside me on the couch and watch me draw, sometimes giving suggestions of what to sketch when my mind is blank:  "You should draw a ram!"

Oh, and he loves libations of cool water.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300106
  • stats Total Topics: 20626
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955