Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 58
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Another Brit signs up  (Read 15281 times)

Offline Enbibibast

• Shemsu
Re: Another Brit signs up
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 06:56:44 pm »
Hotep Alman,

It may be a false alarm, as a couple of other Norton users have stated that certain pages hosted on .comule will make their virus scanning program go off. In all likelyhood, this is the same. I just figured I would let you know, just in case there was a problem.

Here is the full report for your site and hopefully you can figure out what is going on from there. http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=comule.com
Enbibibast | Bibi
Daughter of Bast
Beloved of | Wepwawet-Yinepu | Djehuty | Sekhmet-Hethert | Heru-wer |
LiveJournal
Tumblr

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:11 am »
Welcome, Alman. Nice to meet you :).

I tried the link to your Followers of Horus site, but my PC wouldn't do it. That could just be me (my technological skills are zilch - I can't even do quotes, despite several kind people trying to explain how...). My machine said something about the URL code not being valid, if that means anything to you?

Hope you enjoy the HoN forums as much as I am :).
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Linda

• Remetj
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:03 am »
Hi Alman, I managed to get onto your site with no problems. It was working well. Very impressive too. :)
You don't know what you can do until you try.

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 06:00:51 am »
Thank you very much. When I checked the source code I found 62   these are non breaking spaces often put in by simple WYSIWYG HTML which I use. There are all in non-clickable elements in any case otherwise I would remove them. I think it is these the Symantec suddenly thinks is suspicious almost certainly using indicative i.e  so called hearistic analysis.   are somewhat frowned upon by professionals. Non breaking spaces are just spaces where you cannot break the page or line. A  Comodo  AV reported a similar 'everything is a virus ' problem with an clean HTML page according to a blog.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 06:17:30 am »
Thank you Enbibibast -obviously Norton doesn't like co.mule that much. Sorry Jet about the broken link 'Followers of Horus' at 11/9/10 2148 the other 2 the full address and The Egyptian Tarot are valid so here is it again   Followers of Horus  

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 08:30:29 am »
Em hotep!  *henu*

Welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy your time here!  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 02:35:43 pm »
Em hotep and welcome! :)
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline NeferuHethert

• Rev. Barbara, Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 12:05:42 am »
Welcome to the Boards, Alman! We're very glad you're here.

I was able to go to your website without any problems. I can see that you put a lot of work and care into it. Thanks for posting the link!

Rev. NeferuHethert
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet, meryt Ra her Djehuty her Yinepu/Wepwawet
Heryt seshta and Mut-netjer Hethert 
𓉡

Offline Khumekitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 08:11:48 am »
Welcome Alman. Another Linux user! What flavor of Linux do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
Khumekitu

"Guarded and Protected by Two Fathers"

Sa Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set, mery Bast her Heru-wer

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 11:20:46 am »
Thank you. I am still writing the site. The seven gates in the next week or so then as planned in the contact section. I do have an Amun-ra ritual which I intend to post on the site.
Your Hathor stuff Neferu Hethert is very good. I have 3 long hymns to her and I use them regularly. I add the 4 winds as well.
Khumeti I prefer Unbuntu after inintially not liking it. I like Gnome but use Wallpapoz the only way for them to rotate on different desk tops. Also like screenlets which has a Launcher which can launch anything on different desktops -a blessing - but I have to write a script for it with 'wmctrl' which enables the dumping on other desktops. The program ie sendlets has no memory of the desktops that it was on when you create them to run at start-up. That way I get an Egyptian desktop leisure Desk, Photo DT and so on.

Offline Khumekitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 02:45:57 pm »
I use Ubuntu as well. I used Kubuntu at first but switched after about a year. I actually recently started to dual-boot my computer with Win XP since some games won't work under Linux. Now I'm dual-booting with Win 7 since it came on my new laptop. I still prefer Ubuntu though, better and easier. I wish I didn't like games so much, then I'd have no need for Windows at all. Oh, well. Most will work in Linux under WINE.
Khumekitu

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »
I am thus reminded that I was going to drag my old computer out and re-install Linux on it...

Both my computers use Windows now (because I play games), but for a long time I only used Linux.  I really like it, but I really like the hundreds of dollars worth of video games I own, too... lol.
Son of Set and Wepwawet-Yinepu.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru-Wer, and Aset-Serqet.

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 06:47:26 pm »
I hardly ever, after 3 years, use my WindowsXP Cowboy edition. I could not go back. I never play games. Only compromise in Linux is printers which need to  be looked before you go for linux. The progs just get better and free upgrades to everything.. Bit scared of upgrade to 10.04 coming up in next week ( I stay about 6 months behind) Photos digiKam -free IPTC writes marvelous. though there are a few windows such as Xnview do the same.

life health strength

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 07:41:01 pm »
Hotep Alman!  *henu*

Another linux (ubuntu) user here.  ^_^  Just curious in regards to your upgrade mentioned?  Did you mean you'll be upgrading to 10.04 next week or refering to 10.10 upgrade due out on October 10th (and planning to upgrade to 10.04 at that point)?  I haven't seen any issues with 10.04 so far (run it on a netbook; laptop, and desktop without issue).  Also wasn't sure if either you or Khumekitu had come across the webcast put out by Robbie Ferguson (category 5 TV  at http://www.category5.tv)  He covers various topics and howto's and has a rather nice script (perfect buntu) that will setup extras on your system if you don't have them to make daily use of your system more enjoyable.  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Khumekitu

• Shemsu
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 10:42:54 pm »
Em Hotep,

I haven't come across that site before no. Thank you for the link. I'll have to check it out. I usually just think of what I want then search the Ubuntu forums for guides. Then I'll tweak it to fit what I want (or if it's exactly what I want, I follow the guide). I just got a new laptop recently so I haven't had time to completely set up Ubuntu. I've got it installed but it isn't detecting my wireless. I need to connect using a wire and download the driver for it. I'm still setting things up on my Windows partition (games mostly) though so it will probably be another week or so. I paid for an Alienware m11x, I need to make sure I put some good games on it. That's the point of getting Alienware. Stupid Dell though puts programs on it that erases Grub when you log into Windows causing me to have to use a Live USB to reinstall it. I finally found it all and deleted it but it was annoying the first 3 or 4 times I went into Linux. And I'm rambling. I'll go away now  :whistle: .
Khumekitu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288224
  • stats Total Topics: 19543
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything