Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Wepwawet and bells?  (Read 12287 times)

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Wepwawet and bells?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 11:01:00 am »
Wepwawet, for me, isn't into bells. He may not be into bells because he knows I hate bells (not hate as in dislike, but hate as in Asperger's Syndrome "this texture/sound/taste/sensation makes me spazz out"). I can take jingly janglies like belly dancing stuff, and very very specific sistra in limited amounts, but he doesn't seem to be interested so far.

For me it's drums. Like, frame drums, leather frame drums. The bigger and boomier the better. Mine isn't boomy enough, and it's not a tool I can regularly share with him, but he appreciates the thought XD

Drums though are like bells, in that both I think have the whole otherworld thing going on. Drums have for a long time been used to bring the living through to walk in other places. Drums, bells, sounds that change the brain, all good things.

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:43 pm »
Thank you for the information everyone! I was rather surprised about the bell thing myself, so that is why I'm asking about it... maybe it's a secret ninja move Dad sometimes pulls depending on the situation! I haven't gotten a lot of musical related things to Him, possibly because my Mother has sort of claimed music as 'Her business'. Wepwawet is more mystical with me along with an edge of guardian/warrior.
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Sobekemiti

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 09:18:17 pm »
This conversation has reminded me I do actually have a dog collar with bells on it that I occasionally wear. I'd never associated it with Wepwawet until now. Indeed, they're old bells my cat used to wear on her collar. I don't know why I thought to put bells on it at the time; I suppose it just seemed like the right thing to do. Then again, it was years ago, and I didn't know Wepwawet at the time, so maybe I just thought it was cool. :P

I can totally see the association with bells though, and other noise-making things that are used to scare spirits or to alter the mind or whatnot. I read Garth Nix's Old Kingdom trilogy too many times as a kid and the association of bells and the dead has stuck with me. I always wanted a set of those bells, even if working with the dead still kinda scares me.

I can see Wepwawet digging drums though. Then again, Sobek's keen on drums too. Big loud crashing drums. Ones that make an awful lot of noise. (I get the sense He's not that rhythmic, He just likes chaotic loud noise; Wepwa seems more into rhythmic drumming and keeping time. It's like Sobek's a metal drummer and Wepwa's ... perhaps a military drummer? It's something like that.) I don't own any particular drums at the moment though, but one day I hope to have some. Then I will bang them and crash them and make as much noise as possible. :D
Sobekemiti ('Sobek is my Daddy') | Genderfluid (they/them) | Sau Apprentice
mes-en-Sobek Shedety
meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Aset, Djehuty, her Wepwawet
Per sebek

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 08:19:15 am »
Very neat, Sobekemiti!!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Online Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 03:19:02 pm »
Quote from: Nefersedt

No websites that I can think of, but I might have an article or two that mentions it. I'll PM you when I've gotten a chance to dig through my material.

The Yale art gallery (at least, when the collection isn't in storage due to renovations) has a relief depicting one of Wepwawet's cantors. If I move, I am hoping she'll be out before then so I can leave her a gift.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Online Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 03:19:19 pm »
Quote from: Naisenu
I do know Dad does like Belles, if not bells. Sorry, couldn't be helped. :D

TRUTH! :D
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Niheri

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 01:56:44 am »
Nefersedt - thankyou :). Yinepu did actually tell me that it is actually Him, and not Wepwaret who does the bells at me. Helped a lot, that it could be either of Them: but Yinepu has been my "invisible friend" since I was very little...:).
Daughter of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Beloved of Set and Amun-Ra.

Offline Nityinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 03:09:26 pm »
I have a singing bowl that both Dad and Wepwawet seem to enjoy muchly.  Also, whenever I ring it, I can feel the area being purified, like its rich tone is driving away any bad energies.  Then again, I'm very musically inclined, and the concept of Om as the first sound has always been something I believed in.
Nityinepu AKA Niti Yinepu's
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet, meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Bast-Mut, her Khnum
Sau Apprentice-in-waiting

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 02:29:38 am »
Thank you for sharing, Nityinepu!
Satsenu, Daughter of Two

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955