Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tarot origins in Ancient Egypt  (Read 74252 times)

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
Re: Tarot origins in Ancient Egypt
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2010, 09:07:59 am »
Alman, I am curious to know if you have seen or read a book called The Egyptian revival or the ever-coming son in the light of the Tarot. By Frater Achad.
You can read it online here: http://www.witchschool.com/page/library-e

I was wondering if, you had similar ideaology as he does to the tarot cards? He also uses Kabalah and other religous aspects in the cards, but it is the only book so far I've read which incorporate Egyptian deities.

Re: Tarot origins in Ancient Egypt
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2010, 06:08:54 pm »
Hello Blissi,  I went and read Frater Achad's opus on the  site you gave. I honestly have to say it was at times unpleasant and peurile and cannot recommend or  say that the 1920's author knew anything about Egyptian teachings at all.  The QBL itself is fine and noble though it is much later than the AE teachings and has a completely different tone so there is no easy comparison. I have practised the Kabala and always keep it separate from my A E stuff. I believe in using original texts with little embellishments to allow the transmissions to remain whole.
My site is   Followers of Horus  So you can see what  I follow. My argument  was that the Tarot originated from the Abydos ritual in the book of the dead because the correspondences to it are more than coincidence can bear. The source text would most likely have been in Arabic

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2979
  • stats Total Posts: 287006
  • stats Total Topics: 19449
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217