Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Glossary Question...  (Read 7893 times)

Offline Iaityinepu

• Shemsu
Re: Glossary Question...
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 07:15:42 pm »
Quote from: TahekerutAset
I've always taken UPG to mean that what you are describing is your personal experience as opposed to a historical verifiable action.  I find it helpful in communication especially when you want to know which is historical or personal experience.  

To my mind, this doesn't say that the personal experience is dismissed so much as labeling the UPG as what it is.  I also find it helpful because personal experiences can differ. If I'm reading a post and I know it's someone's UPG, I know whatever they're describing is their UPG and not something from AE.  I can go: That's an amazing experience and may or may not work for me rather than this is backed up by thousands of years of tradition while honoring that deity (and may need adaptation depending on what it is).  

The knowledge of the ancestors comes with the tradition and the organic creative interactiveness with the gods permeates the present experiences.  I think both are important.  

And it is really neat when they both coincide like offering Sekhmet beer.  

I echo this post
Sat Yinepu-Wepwawet Meryt Satet her Amun-Ra
Iait (with an i, not an L): Adoring

I offer affordable guidance readings, distant healing and developmental courses.  Please take a look - Readings by Caroline

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything