collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 71
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 11722 times)

Re: Greetings
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 09:32:17 am »
Welcome Nicki-Blissi!

I am Wiccan and Kemetic, so you're not alone!  ;  )
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 09:41:06 am »
I dont know what the heck I am! But wiccan - kemetic seems to work quite nicely together.
Can I ask, do you ( or anyone else for that matter) find other pantheons do not work with you or appeal to you?
I can honestly say I have no interest in working with other pantheons but I do love reading up theology and anything about esoterical practices.

but interestingly, I also know there is another goddess (my friends matron goddess ) who keeps an eye on me - and my goddesses keep an eye on my friend - as if they are both watching what goes on in our lives.
If I can give an example, Before I realised it was Ma'at working with me - I was trying all sorts to try and see who it was, but I just couldnt accept it was Ma'at ( as I thought, what on earth would she want to help me for?? thinking she wouldnt be interested in me)
my friend kept telling me his " mother" wasnt happy, ( as i wasnt getting the hints) and after a while he was told who it was! and all was put into place, ever since then .. they seem to be working together on some issues we are both facing.

I think it is unusual for this to happen? but then since I'm relatively new to it all, its maybe not so weird.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 09:54:19 am »
I feel you there, I'm so eclectic I coined the term "Infini-trad" for my thoughts, practices and beliefs...haa...

Aside from Aset who gets predominant attention with me, I have also had experiences with Brighid, Hera, Morrigan and Yemaya. Oddly the only male gods I've ever interacted with are Kemetic. I tried to devote to Apollon-and Demeter actually, who were soooo not interested...wah.

Which is odd because I had ALOT of interest in the Hellenic pantheon but mostly They were not interested in ME. On the other hand, I had zilcho interest in all things Celtic and winded up dealing with 2 goddesses from that pantheon....go figure..not to mention almost no interest in Voodoun and then interacting with Yemaya....as has been said before, there are YOUR plans and then there are The Gods plans....so who knows what going to happen sometimes....

Timu

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 10:03:18 am »
hahaha, very true, what we think we want and what we get - two different things.

You seem to have a toe in every pantheon, must have been confusing  with whos visiting you :D

I do get the impression for myself though, that I wont be working with other pantheons ( directly)I dont think I can escape my friends matron. >.<

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 10:11:07 am »
Not at all really, Hera and Aset feel a *little* alike, but They're the only similar ones....and even then, They are very different.

Yeah, I didn't think so either and here I am...lol...
Timu

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 05:18:27 pm »
Em hotep and welcome!
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

Offline Shefytbast

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 07:55:56 pm »
Em hotep, Blissi! Welcome to the boards! ^_^

Shefyt

Shefytbast | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 02:03:46 am »
Em hotep and welcome to the boards. it's nice to see another European here
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Taysatwesir

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:06 pm »
Em Hotep and Welcome Blissi! :)
Taysatwesir
This daughter of Wesir
sat Wesir as Ptah-Sokar-Wesir
meryt Mut, Ma'ahes, Bast, and Hethert-Sekhmet

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 05:09:49 pm »
Hi all :D

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 12:39:55 pm »
I'm new myself but very excited to be here, I welcome you as well!

Offline NeferuHethert

• Rev. Barbara, Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 03:11:00 pm »
Welcome to the Boards, Blissi! It's very nice to meet you. I also like reading about different religions--pantheons, traditions, practices, and beliefs.

For myself, though, I feel that I truly came home when I found the House of Netjer and Kemetic Orthodoxy. It is wonderful to find the spiritual place where everything just feels right--wherever that may be.
Rev. NeferuHethert
Sat Hethert/Sekhmet, meryt Ra her Djehuty her Yinepu/Wepwawet
Heryt seshta and Mut-netjer Hethert 
𓉡

Offline Blissi

• Remetj
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2010, 04:42:34 pm »
I wouldnt say k.o is home for me yet, as i am awaiting beginners class but, the netjer do feel like home.

glad you have found your home though:)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288216
  • stats Total Topics: 19543
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything