collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Question About Heru  (Read 9053 times)

Question About Heru
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:59:42 pm »
I seem to be having an issue with Heru.  He just doesn't appear to be interested in forging a relationship with me.  He's the only God that I've ever tried working with that has completely ignored me. Being me, I would like to know why.  

Is it wise to push the issue with Heru or should I just leave it alone?  I'm also wondering if anyone else has experienced this from him?
Deep into the darkness, peering
     long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal
     ever dared to dream before.

- Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

Re: Question About Heru
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:36:29 am »
Em-Hotep,

Well, I can kind of relate with you on this matter Denderah.  While I have never really needed to 'push' to attain his attention, he can be very illusive.  He has been by my side ever since I can remember, though there are great rifts in time in-between him being there and actually being there ;) I don't know if it is a complex he has or not, being the 'Pharaoh' Netjer and all, but he seems to me to be there only when he thinks it is best or if you actually need it.  I would encourage you to keep trying to reach out to Heru, even if he remains non-responsive; becuase you never know when he might show up, though when he does it is because you need him.  :)

Hope this helps.  
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 02:19:49 am »
Hotep Denderah *henu*

I think it is natural that we have a closer relationship to some Names than to other and in my opinion it is often influenced by our or Their character (like...if you are a Tomboy and hate pink you might not understand that side of Hethert)
If you want to form some relation with Heru I would start with getting to know Him better (history, myths, likes, dislikes)
You said that He didn't work with you...maybe it was the wrong thing you asked for, maybe another Name would have been better suited for that task.

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:24:43 am »
Em hotep! Don't worry about Heru! Some names don't necessarily want to forge a relationship with certain people. It's nothing personal. Sometimes it isn't the right time for them to be in your life. An example is my relationship with Taweret. I'm fascinated with Her and have tried to start a relationship with Her. At first She seemed completely distant... but with time and effort I realized that She was pleased by my offerings and appreciated my affection, but She felt it wasn't the right time for Her to be in my life. Perhaps when I have children She will make more of an appearance. It really isn't anything personal. It's almost like  distant family. They don't find it necessary to be where you are, but they care none the less.
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:42:49 am »
I would say the approach depends on which version of Heru you're wanting to approach. Is it Heru-wer ("Horus the Elder," the brother of Set et al.), or is it perhaps Heru Sa Aset ("Horus the Younger," the son of Aset/Isis and Wesir/Osiris)?

I have zero relationship with Heru Sa Aset, nor do I really desire one. However, Heru-wer is one of my beloveds -- he comes as a "package deal" when Set is a parent, and Set does the same for Heru-wer kids -- and although we don't interact often, when we do it is potent. He and Set share a number of characteristics.

Heru-wer, for instance, is a battle god, among other things. For me, that's easy to relate to. He also is fond of offerings such as weapons, meat, and the like...and in my personal experience [IMPE] he digs Heavy Metal music. He's been described by others here as molten metal that's on fire.

However, he's good-spirited and very helpful, IMPE. I think of him as a randy old metalhead who is a great mentor, but who can still drink you under the table and kick your tail when you need it. Heru kids proper are welcome to chime in and correct me, of course, but that's how I see it.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 08:45:50 am »
I recently discussed this in another thread:
http://www.netjer.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=163356&page=5
I also have problems with Heru (both Heru-sa-Aset and Heru-wer). Because in RPD workings, normally if you have Setekh, you get Heru, I decided it might be worth my while to get to know Heru. Besides, I've had a statue of him for years now. However, every time I try, I get dead silence. I might as well be talking to the wall. Apparently this isn't unheard of with Heru, and persistence can pay off *shrug*. We talked about it a bit more in the thread listed. It might be worth looking into :)

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 09:24:06 am »
Hotep!

I would also second Khesret's question, about which Heru you're trying to speak with. Ironically enough, I've had an easier time speaking with Heru-wer than I do with Heru-sa-Aset. Heru-wer's a Beloved of mine and well.

Devo brought up a good thread regarding Heru-wer for sure.
 http://www.netjer.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=167775&page=1

There's another good thread earlier in this forum as well.

~Maret
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 11:43:14 am »
Gin, by the way, is another favorite offering for Heru-wer. Bombay Sapphire, especially.

Granted, if you don't drink or if you dislike gin, this may not be the best choice.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 01:02:57 pm »
I leave the stuff to evaporate, since I don't drink it.

Especially with sticky stuff like rum, don't leave it so long that it gets fungus. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Taiawepwawet »

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 10:44:40 pm »
Quote from: Tanebet
Hotep Denderah *henu*

I think it is natural that we have a closer relationship to some Names than to other and in my opinion it is often influenced by our or Their character (like...if you are a Tomboy and hate pink you might not understand that side of Hethert)
If you want to form some relation with Heru I would start with getting to know Him better (history, myths, likes, dislikes)
You said that He didn't work with you...maybe it was the wrong thing you asked for, maybe another Name would have been better suited for that task.

Senebty
Tanebet

I think you're absolutely right.  I really don't know much about Heru, so I probably didn't approach him the right way.  After reading some of the other replies, I realize now that I didn't even offer him the right item.  When I considered your response, I have to admit that I really don't understand Heru's war qualities.  I tend to avoid violence at all costs and have a low tolerance for any kind of brutality.  So, perhaps my personality just won't mesh too well with Heru's.  You gave me a lot to think about.  Thank you.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 10:49:07 pm »
Quote from: Devo
I recently discussed this in another thread:
http://www.netjer.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=163356&page=5
I also have problems with Heru (both Heru-sa-Aset and Heru-wer). Because in RPD workings, normally if you have Setekh, you get Heru, I decided it might be worth my while to get to know Heru. Besides, I've had a statue of him for years now. However, every time I try, I get dead silence. I might as well be talking to the wall. Apparently this isn't unheard of with Heru, and persistence can pay off *shrug*. We talked about it a bit more in the thread listed. It might be worth looking into :)

-Devo

I was on the other thread, but wanted to get more clarification.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the silent treatment from him.  I am still interested in getting to know him, but I think I need to do more research on him.  I didn't even offer him the right items, so maybe he's offended.  After I gain more knowledge of him and have some experience, I will approach him again.  Thank you.

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 10:52:22 pm »
Quote from: Imsetra_Imsety
Em-Hotep,

Well, I can kind of relate with you on this matter Denderah.  While I have never really needed to 'push' to attain his attention, he can be very illusive.  He has been by my side ever since I can remember, though there are great rifts in time in-between him being there and actually being there ;) I don't know if it is a complex he has or not, being the 'Pharaoh' Netjer and all, but he seems to me to be there only when he thinks it is best or if you actually need it.  I would encourage you to keep trying to reach out to Heru, even if he remains non-responsive; becuase you never know when he might show up, though when he does it is because you need him.  :)

Hope this helps.    [/quote

This was very helpful, thanks.  I'm going to keep trying, but I need more research on him.  I just don't  know enough to approach him in the right way.  I don't think my informal approach will cut it with Heru.

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 01:43:38 am »

I was on the other thread, but wanted to get more clarification.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the silent treatment from him.  I am still interested in getting to know him, but I think I need to do more research on him.  I didn't even offer him the right items, so maybe he's offended.  After I gain more knowledge of him and have some experience, I will approach him again.  Thank you.

Em hotep Denderah *henu*,
I don't think that you offended any of the Herus by offering them what you consider the "wrong" item. When people say "X likes a, b, c..." it is always UPG, even if you find many people who list the same offerings. On the other hand there will always be people who made a different experience and that the Gods asked for a different offering from them.

Senebty
Tanebet
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tanebet »
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 02:43:01 pm »
Quote from: Taiawepwawet

Especially with sticky stuff like rum, don't leave it so long that it gets fungus. Just sayin'.

Hm, I've never had that happen. Maybe it just "evaporates" that fast.
Though the last time I left a shot out for Heru-wer, it was too close to the alcohol and by the time I drank it, it was like water. :(
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tai'awepwawet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 03:58:51 pm »
Quote from: Shezatwepwawet
Quote from: Taiawepwawet

Hm, I've never had that happen. Maybe it just "evaporates" that fast.

So far I've only tried Captain Morgan rum. White rum might work better. With mine it evaporated really slowly, and ended up leaving sticky goop at the bottom. Fungus heaven. I have learned to keep a closer eye on it :P

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300145
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955