Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

0%
Current donation status as of February 22, 2021 = $0.00 of $2,500
Final Donations for the period ending February 21st 2021 = $2,314.76 of $2,500 (93%) $185.24 of Rollover Fund used.
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Search/Ra/Ram  (Read 8165 times)

Offline Huyitu

• Shemsu
Re: Search/Ra/Ram
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 02:20:46 am »
Sorry it took me some time to get back to this, anyways...

I have some interesting passages from “The Litany of Re” with translation and commentary by Alexandre Piankoff which is the best source I have found to understand Ra and Wesirs connection.

It opens with an introduction to the concept of their uniting and forming an entity with a passage from the “book of the dead” ch 17.

I am His Two Souls in his Twins.

As to his Twins – it is Horus the Protector of his Father together with Horus, He of the Two eyes.

Others say:

His twos souls in his Twins – it is the soul of Re, it is the Soul of Osiris; it is the Soul of Shu, the Soul of Tefnut, the two Souls which are in Mendes.

He also quotes a Stella from Ramesses IV at Abydos:

When Re appears daily and reaches the Netherworld to take care of this land and also the other lands, thou also sitest like him, and it is said of you both, the Joined Soul (Ba-Demedj)*.

*Which in the is cited further to mean either “Soul (for manifestations) of the Substituted One” and the “Substituted One of the One Joined together.”

We then get to the Litany which is a lot to comprehend and contemplate and the spells to follow basically identify the King with Osiris and Ra with Osiris and as such Ra with the King. Its very interesting but typical of many books in the “after life genera”  after the litany itself just with very consistent reference to Ra.

I hope this helps in some way, there isn't a tremendous amount of information about this textually but there is some cool pictures out there especially in Amduat if you can find an illustrated translation.

As to my personal interpretation of how Wesir and Ra interact and if they are deep down the same entity, I'm not really sure. Sometimes they are one, sometimes they are two, but the texts to emphasize that they come together for mutual self regeneration and separate. At the same time they feel deeply connected as if they were one entity at times, but not in the same way most gods are sync up, the hole 1+1=3 thing. Its like looking at a huge serpent, with a head at each end, both are in control, both are different, yet they are one, and looking at different sections of the serpent relates very different information (and sometimes contradictory) than others. Its more like 1 =2 = 1 in nature.

I hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:09:09 pm by Huyitu »
Son of Wesir and Ra, Beloved of Wepwawet-Yinepu

Offline Baket

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 04:28:02 pm »
Quote from: Huyitu

He also quates a Stella from Ramesses IV at Abydos:

When Re appears daily and reaches the Netherworld to take care of this land and also the other lands, thou also sitest like him, and it is said of you both, the Joined Soul (Ba-Demedj)*.

*Which in the is cited further to mean either “Soul (for manifestations) of the Substituted One” and the “Substituted One of the One Joined together.”

Oh dear, I must watch too much "Bleach" ... while reading this I instantly thought, "Ra is the substitute Soul Reaper."   :grin:
Devotee of the Divine Felines and my darling Loki
http://www.zazzle.com/cattywompus

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 11:55:17 pm »
The "Midnight Sun" aspect is indeed Sokar-Wesir.

It was kind of a gobsmack moment when Hemet informed me that my Father was 'the Midnight Sun'...considering that Alaska, one of the 'land of the midnight sun' places, is the place I still call home (though I've not lived there for years).

If I recall correctly,   THIS is actually one of the representations of Ra-Who-Is-Wesir (Not yet Sokar-Wesir.)

19th Dynasty Solar religion...one of these years I'll actually get it.  :D
--[color:#6600CC]Khusisokar[/color] ('Sokar Stirs')
Son of [color:#6600CC] Sokar-Wesir [/color] and [color:red]Hekatawy I[/color] (AUS!)
Beloved of[color:#3333FF] Nefertem,[/color][color:#009900] Min,[/color] and[color:#663300] Wepwawet-Yinepu[/color]

*Fedw diviner for [color:#6600CC] Sokar[/color]*

Offline Satsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 08:02:00 am »
Very interesting, Khusisokar! My first Beloved is Wesir-Sokar and, while not 'the Midnight Sun', He is the 'Darkened Sun'. ^_^
Satsenu, Daughter of Two
I am the daughter of Wepwawet(-Yinepu) and Bast, beloved of Wesir-Sokar and Amun-Ra.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3348
  • stats Total Posts: 300633
  • stats Total Topics: 20679
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything