collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Reconnecting with Netjer  (Read 3874 times)

Reconnecting with Netjer
« on: October 13, 2010, 07:28:35 pm »
Em hotep.
I discovered Kemetic Orthodoxy last year, and I was sure it was where I belonged. I've loved ancient Egypt my whole life so this really fit. But then in the spring and summer I went through some really tough things, and now that I want to re-commit to the religion it feels like I'm being ignored. Or I can't "hear" the Netjer anymore. I don't like it, and it feels like a part of me is missing.  What do you think I can do?
My username is German, it means "compassion".

Re: Reconnecting with Netjer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:45:17 pm »
Em-Hotep-Mitleid,

Do not despair if the Nether are being quiet; they tend to become silent from time to time, and it does not necessarily mean it is something against you.  Netjer are much bigger than us, and while they love us for we are their creation, we are not their priority.  Continue honoring them; giving offerings and praise will keep them close to you, even if they are not talking. Also, just because they are being silent does not mean they are not still beside you: Netjer will speak, when you need it most :) Keep connected and they will be there with you.

Senabty    
Ne'sip - Thii - Mu - Pah - Ma'at
(Never Wander From The Truth)

Hk'hk - Mu - Th'n - Ib - Gh'ert - Netjer
(Keep Netjer In Your Heart Always)

Nin - Mesin'i - I'usi - Sa'ahu...
(No-one is born a sage) - IOPH

Offline Rev. Sehedjef

• Semer-Wati
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:20:32 pm »
Em hotep Mitleid!  *henu*

Out of curiosity, is your life still stressful?  If so that can be the cause of Netjer appearing to be silent.  I say appearing to be as it's not that Netjer is being silent, or ignoring us, it's that our stress creates "white noise" if you will that tends to drown out or act as an acoustic shadow in regards  to our link to Netjer.  It's not that Netjer can't shout so you can hear Them, it's that They don't want to add to your stress...after all if you're already stressed out about your life situation, imagine how it gets worse when God is saying "Hey give me some attention over here!"  ^_^  

When we are able to quiet our inner turmoil we are able to hear Netjer again.  While working to get back to that state, you can still talk to Them and give offerings (doesn't have to be elaborate...cool water and bread is fine).  Let Them know you can't hear Them but still want Them in your life.

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:37:31 am »
Imsetra_Imsety- Thank you ^^ That makes sense to me.

Imti- I'm always stressed to some degree, I have kinda strong OCD. I do plan to keep praying and giving Them offerings though. Thank you
My username is German, it means "compassion".

Offline Devo

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 08:53:47 am »
For what it's worth, I went through a phase not too long ago where the gods seemed to just vanish from my life. When this happens, I think it's important to try and take at least a few minutes every day to just sit with them- contemplate them, and just be still with them. I found that as soon as I actively worked to hear them, they started to "speak" or show up again. I'm still not sure if they actually left, but in the end, I wouldn't be surprised if my stress sorta muted their voice in my life.

-Devo
dA | FB | Tumblr | WP

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:11:37 am »
Quote from: Devo
I wouldn't be surprised if my stress sorta muted their voice in my life.

-Devo

I know this has definitely been the case for me at times...
Timu

Sat Aset, meryt Wepwawet her Renenutet

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 07:21:38 pm »
Quote from: Devo
I wouldn't be surprised if my stress sorta muted their voice in my life.

*nods* Something related that I've found is that the more you stress out over the silence and strain to hear Them, the less able you are to hear. Just relax as much as you can, and just sit with Them, trying not to focus on results. (I think most of us go through this at one point or another. ^_^ ) Good luck!

Shefyt

Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline Khesretitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 10:21:22 pm »
I find that stressing over whether I'm having what others have called a Technicolor or ILM experience (i.e. something flashy and unavoidable) will keep me too tense to notice the small stuff that happens all the time.

Case in point: Ra-Heruakhety, despite being one of my two Fathers, tends to be distant, and because Set is overpowering in his nature, RH gets drowned out, it seems. Yet my connection to RH is very energizing, and I miss it when I can't feel it.

Recently, while driving to work on an early shift, I found myself worrying about this, but I reminded myself to turn loose of it and give myself space and time. A few minutes later, I stopped at a traffic light on the way to campus, and perched on the overhanging sign labeled "Sunrise Drive" was a hawk haloed by the rising sun.

Coincidence? Sure, why not. I've seen the hawk before; he lives in the area, so he could have just  been there for the heck of it. He also might have been there because I needed to see him. For what it's worth, I've nicknamed him Sparkles because, after the sunrise incident, he's a nice, subtle reminder of RH whenever I see him.

I just had to be relaxed and observant enough to notice.
Khesretitui
"My Fathers Dispel Evil"

Sat Set her Ra-Heruakhety
Meryt Heru-wer her Yinepu-Wepwawet

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 11:53:28 pm »
Em Hotep!

I've had this recently happen to me.  I prayed to Netjer over and over to help me resolve a problem and it seemed as though they weren't answering.  I couldn't hear Them anymore because of my own emotional and psychological state.  Eventually to get through to me, They started manifesting physically to let me know They were there and had heard me.  It was one of the most, if not the most amazing experiences of my life.  To be mere inches from the face of a deity and have them actually touch me, to reassure me that I'm loved and are worth something, even in the lowest and most trying time of my life.

They are there.  You have to relax.  Meditate.  Breathe.  Live.

Senebty,
"Do not be arrogant because of your knowledge, but confer with the ignorant man as with the learned. For knowledge has no limits, and none has yet achieved perfection in it." - The Maxims of Pthahotep

Son of Hethert-Mut/Heru-Wer Beloved of Yinepu, Set and Djehuty

Offline Zematsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06:07 am »
I second sitting and contemplating them. I've gone through that patch already, and the feeling is uncomfortable and just plain lonely at best:(

However, de-stressing and getting into the frame of mind for worship is important. After a long day at school when I've been annoyed, my brain melted by Physics and sleep deprived, I take a shower and meditate or just try to clear my mind before bed (which is when I try to worship).

This means not thinking about all the things I have to do, everyone who I may have pissed off and those who have pissed me off. It tends to help me connect with the Names and better get what they want to tell me. Especially with Set, when I can't totally clear my mind or just have an overall brain overload, I can bring these things before Him and ask Him for a little push smack in the head to keep going, which He is all to happy to do :D (for some reason this brings to mind this issue of Temwa's comic strip)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Setnusetekh »
Zematsenu - Union of Two (Zemat)
Sat Set her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat.
Meryt Wesir, Bast-Mut her Heru-wer.

Dua Netjer!

* Most Recent Topics

topic Lexikon der Agyptologie Translations
[[PUBLIC] Netjer (Our Gods & Goddesses)]
Asetmehheri
January 27, 2021, 01:26:18 pm
topic India and Egypt
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]